HUD changes we could really use

• The most bizarre aspect of the HUD are the overheat “buttons”, if you can call those microscopic green slivers buttons. I can’t even fathom how that was ever considered acceptable UX. A rectangular overheat button underneath each module would make a lot more sense. Even better, you could have radial menus for each module button that control overheating, onlining & offlining as well as a button/radial menu for each rack. A setting to disable the overheat buttons to save vertical space on the console (for those who only use the radial menus) would also be great.
  • We need the option to either enable a translucent dark area behind the HUD blocks or a dimmer switch for the universe. This has been a huge pet peeve of mine since forever. I literally cannot tell the state of buttons with some gas clouds and suns behind the HUD.
  • I really, REALLY miss the old days when you had a line of small icons next to each entity’s icon on the target row showing you what kind of modules they were using on you (e-war, rep, etc.)
4 Likes

Right Double clicking a module should toggle overheat. Make the whole module the button.

1 Like

what is difference between Shift+click and double mouse click? There is already shortcut if you don’t want to deal with hud.

One hand vs two hands.

But now that I think of it, I wonder if I can just fiddle with the shortcuts to get this?

I want change colour in Proton UI - but dont have option or i dont see that.

That would be wonderful. That barely discernable slight yellow tinge on the route system in the overview sucks.

1 Like

Completely agreed.
Also would be good to be able to lock Overheat status of a single module only, and not the whole rack.

There’s a third option or in some cases a fourth.

Also for those of us that have face facing cameras, perhaps an option to gesture via facial movements?

For those that have flight sim foot pedals, perhaps configure those?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.