Hunt event = lazy design

you know why i don’t go to sites to steal care bear loot ?
because there is many more effective ways to get PVP in eve than following event site runners
its boring , and time consuming …
meanwhile the care bears act like the its impossible to do a site without being robbed … my god the dam sites are everywhere

2 Likes

You’d change your mind if you had a ransom script that got them to pay ransom, eject from their ship so you can steal it, come back and concordokken on you so you get a kill right, AND let you pod them :smiley:

I don’t mind working for my food. It’s just that the food doesn’t grow anymore.

@Destiny_Corrupted
Yea honestly even though I could still be stupid successful with HS shenanigans I’m just bored of the shitty meta CCP has created. The logi change really sapped all the fun out of suspect play since we can no longer participate in fleet engagements (I thought this was a multiplayer game?).

I’ve started multiboxing vexors and yeeting around null-sec stealing ESS. Gotten some pretty cool fights. It’s quite difficult to pull off but pretty damn rewarding if you do.

Still, I feel like ESS will be treated similarly to FW and as such it will not be long before its another dead, unpatched, and broken mechanic. Furthermore the barrier of entry for solo pilots/small gangs is astronomical mainly because the payouts are pretty low meaning you have to be SUPER efficient to make a living at it and you’re not going to find that efficiency before losing quite a few ships. I will say most of the players in null sec are carebears so if you’re a dedicated PvPer it is doable with practice.

I feel like ESS will remain in a watered down state in favor of a safe and unhindered PvEer though, and I’ll be surprised if any changes CCP make to ESS end up being an improvement for the average PvPer.

1 Like

I wish that the high-sec PvP community would redouble their efforts both in terms of wars and ganking and try to reach maximum destruction levels, just to see how CCP would respond to that. Burn everything.

Unfortunately, there’s just not enough of these players left. Even with 24/7 core-shoots and ganking, the amount of viable targets is still going up (e.g. the industrial citadel count is starting to pick up after the initial drop when everyone shat themselves and took down their stations).

If we could get 100-200 of the old guard back into the game, it might be doable. The goal should be zero high-sec mining and station ownership.

1 Like

It be like pve’ing in uedama for me. All fun and games till the used to be code. shows up. In this case,the ganker would be, dramatic pause, the wife.

I ain’t breaking that tackle and concorde would not be of help.

TO be fair their pve ain’t that bad. At least you make some money to buy stuff. Death by RNG in wow atm is why I am here. If RNG hates you it makes logging in depressing.

Honestly the main reason this DOESN’T happen is that the only PvPers that remain are the ones that remained financially (iskwise) sustainable despite all the nerfs. That’s a VERY small (and shrinking) crowd AND there’s only 2 types of players in the crowd (if someone spends more time PvEing than PvPing I’m not considering them a PvPer here).

1. The guy that throws irl money at the game
  2. The guy that is super-efficient with his setup and shoots primarily for profit.
    Player 2 is going to be too profit minded to burn the game for the ■■■■ of it and that’s before considering if he could even afford to burn the game at all.
    Player 1 is our only hope and he’s in Uedama with 20 alts already doing the thing.

Pretty telling that the only way to make a difference is throwing your IRL wallet at the game… well… I guess you could bot too. Not like CCP does anything about it.

All going according to plan, it seems.

I wonder if CCP comprehends that the general sentiment between both active EVE players and outside observers is that EVE has become a “P2W” title? Even though it’s technically not P2W, the monetization scheming is so intense that that’s the public’s perception. Maybe they just don’t understand how damaging that is.

1 Like

Those aren’t pirates

Pirate, noun

1. the practice of attacking and robbing ships at sea, or in our case virtual space.

But they are cheaters,

Cheater: also a noun, a person who acts dishonestly in order to gain an advantage.

Needlejack to Nullsec. TONS of signatures and very few people doing them.

LOL, we have ourselves a salt mine folks.

1 Like

Here we see a ganker in its natural EVE forum habitat, enjoying a salt lick graciously set out by one of its local carebear posters.

2 Likes

In EVE everyone knows ganker is an ass.

2 Likes

Better an ass than a stupid horse - or a cow.

Why, because I’m pointing out errors in his definition of using the word “pirate”, cheaters is more correct to use, the fact that grown men in this game throw around words cheaply then others like yourself try to bait others to turn on someone by throwing out “salt mine” so others can join your shallow attempts to start something.

It is this shallowness that keeps EVE from being more than it could be, people here claim this is a social game but sling poo at every opportunity, people act like they have something when they have nothing and never will.

“Cheaters” is an absurd term to attempt to use here. CCP allows it. It is not an exploit. So “cheating” is not applicable.

1 Like

No one claimed it was, your interpretation of what is or is not cheating doesn’t matter and neither does mine, there’s only a definition of it, we can only agree to disagree because I don’t enjoy holding another person’s buttocks while we dance around trying to out do the other by trying to be clever.

Cheating in a game implies that you are violating the rules set forth by the game designer. There is no debate. That is the meaning of the word.

1 Like

You’d make a great puzzle you know, now hands off my backside if you don’t enjoy a man’s flabby seat cushion.

There’s no such think as PvE with impunity in EVE, all PvE content that pays well is supposed to be overtanked. That’s why we don’t pvp in our overtanked fits, PvE content is too punitive to even try.

Ofc, one can always marauder everything, I don’t even have the skills.

If I could suggest a fix to your thinking, PvE in safety = Entitlement, which is not the case. You can camp or invade sites anytime. You don’t do it, cuz you do not want to lose your ship in the process, but with rats help it’s possible to win.

Looks like the entitlement also works the other way, Gank with impunity = Entitlement.

o7