The kill of the battleship in the event sites shall go to the player who started the site

Title.

Because it is absolutely not fair that I do 99% of the work, then some random dude in marauder warps in and gets the battleship.

No, going somewhere else does not help when the dude practically is all over the place, monopolizing every event site in a range of 10 jumps.

1 Like

Either make it so that the player which starts the event site gets the BS kill, guaranteed.

Or deny marauders access to the event sites.

Why donā€™t you just wardec him. Oh wait, carebears like you already caused this not to be option anymoreā€¦

3 Likes

My ability to enjoy the game and achieve my goals shouldnā€™t be subordinate to another player, who throws his weight around.

I should not find myself in a situation in which ā€˜I have to wait for them to leaveā€™.

1 Like

Every kill mechanic is based on who gets the last shot iirc. Just make sure you are the one who blows the killing shot

Players like the one Iā€™ve mentioned could simply pick any other site. They would not lose anything from doing so.
But no, they chose unsportsmanship, they chose to ruin it for others.

Nope, the BS kill goes to the one who deals the most damage to it.

Iā€™m using a vagabond. Canā€™t compare to a marauder.

Why should New Eden be paralyzed by players who take forever to complete the sites leaving no new ones for others to complete?

You have many options:

• Get a better high DPS fit
  • Move somewhere less populated
  • Pay gankers to destroy his marauder (90% drop event for them)
  • Gank his marauder yourself
  • Ask CCP Games to make High Sec more dangerous so you can take revenge in non-ganking ways

But of all these options you picked:

• Complain on the forums

Thereā€™s zero chance CCP Games will see your post and implement the change you demand of them.

5 Likes

You donā€™t make a lot of sense, friend.
With all the systems there are, and the fact a system can host more sites at once, I donā€™t see ā€˜slow playersā€™ paralyzing New Eden.

Indeed because there is a 90% loot chance I elected not to use a particularly expensive ship.

As Iā€™ve mentioned, moving around is not an option when a marauder can swiftly clear any site in a wide range. And Iā€™ve already gone to space with low population.

Why should I not be able to enjoy the game for someoneā€™s else sake?

The ability of another player to subordinate your fun by throwing their weight around is the very most basic founding principle of EVE Online

10 Likes

And it doesnā€™t have to be like that in each and every respect.

There are moments for competition, and there are moments when you simply want to lay back and enjoy some casual content.

For sure. Content such as abyssal filaments are pretty free from other players.

This event is just not that kind of content but donā€™t worry, youll get through this Iā€™m sure.

Mind me, Iā€™m not wholle against competition.

Iā€™d gladly go toe to toe with, say, a legion/loki/insert ship in the class of the one Iā€™m using.

But it becomes maddening when youā€™re just forced to take a backseat, and being forced to forsake the activity you wanted to do in your free time.

Read it until it does, it is in plain English.

You can freeze up the marauder guy with an alt and go run sites with your main:

Grab an interceptor, go into the problematic personā€™s site, grab BS aggro, and just pick a direction and fly off at 5km/sā€¦

ā€¦the final BS NPC will keep warping in and out to get within 20km of you, and you will drag it >1000km away from the Marauder. Heā€™ll just sit there wasting his time. You can go run all the other sites in the constellation while he rages in Local.

I know because I did this to FRT guys who were trying to invade sites all over Heimatar. Called me ā€œr*****dā€ in Local despite them sitting there doing nothing while I ran sites in other systems on my alt.

6 Likes

This is an annual event that has gone on for years without really changing. I can assure you with full confidence that it will remain a competitive spree in the future.

Whats the activity you want to do? Combat sites are everywhere and especially devoid of competition while this event is running. Or are you collecting skins which are being sold for pennies while the event is running?

1 Like

Solid advice. I would totally go for thatā€¦ if I had a second account.

Collecting those 900 points to unlock the various skin.
And the Warclone thingies along the way.

Grab a devious friend.

Actuallyā€¦ I wonder how far I could boost with a vagabond, before the BS spawns.

No poors. :sunglasses:

Get marauder and rekt with 3k DPS vs the poor fit paraxis.

My golem DEMOLISHED last year during the Yulai event.