HyperNet Relay Welcomes Scammers đŸŽ«

Meanwhile at CCP:

1 Like

And every time you “point out that indeed it is a scam” you demonstrate your ignorance of math. I buy a ticket in your lottery whether the other tickets are bought by you or by other players does not change my odds of winning in any way. The ONLY thing that changes is how much profit you make, the ONLY victim is your own wallet.

Making most hypernet offers, even legit ones, scams in themselves as the seller is making huge margins of profits if they sell either partially or in whole.

I don’t think you understand the concept of a scam. A scam requires dishonesty, running a lottery at a significant profit is just a basic honest lottery.

Just as a side note, everyone should get scammed at least once in the game. Especially if your new and cant afford it like I was back then. You pay much more attention after that. :wink:

1 Like

Returned after several years. I find it hilarious that CCP has brought back the Somer Blink gambling to EVE as their own.

What next? CCP Bonus Room? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

But what about scams like margin trading? I think people here use word scam also to describe clever use of game economic tools to their advantage, exploiting other players in effect. It is of course perceived as being dishonest, as people are used to trust the banks, financial systems, currency, offers outside game, and what they see in game is not up to the standard you can see outside game. Because law protects them outside game. CCP game is different. That is why many people see game as broken, balanced economy is not their focus now. It is gaining $.

So what that many expensive items got even more expensive because of Hypernet. CCP had gained $$$. The biggest scam was pulled by CCP here. Talking how they care about their playerbase, calling them in nice words and then exposing them to gambling and ripping them off on it. Bah!, they didnt even call it lottery, just new exciting way to trade things. :joy:

Hard work does not make wealthy. The insignificant amount of people who work hard to gain wealth are in no way or form representating a successful strategy. What makes someone wealthy is smart work, not hard work. It’s brains. Work smarter, not harder.

Using a raffle system to gain money is “smart” work. The problem you’re pointing at is a lack of “brains” required for doing it right, without losing money again. “Luck” is an irrelevant factor. What matters is “Probability”. WhenI get my item back n amount of times out of x runs, with n being above the threshold required to make profit, then it’s a win.

Being smart is about thinking, part of expanding wisdom, it is investing in yourself, reading books, educating yourself, and of course take good advice, like yours, but applying it smartly also. So be smart, work hard on it, thinking is also work. :wink:

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.

Henry Ford

More about me criticizing gambling is about the way it influences people without proper education and knowledge. They give up to irresponsibility, and then hurt others. This is not what being smart is at all. Intelligence is also a social thing. Humans are social creatures.

Of course there are many people you could say are intelligent, but they are like computers, not thinking about people or health, just calculating their gain. Being wealthy shouldnt be only goal in life. More like a subgoal. Measure of success shouldnt be described by amount of 0s on someones account.

One could say he was very wealthy having only his loving wife that stayed with him to the end of his years. That you cant buy.

You mean the scam where the key to it is being able to dishonestly post a fake buy order and take advantage of people who don’t realize that it is possible (using a nonsensical and counter-intuitive mechanic) to post a fake order on the market? Sounds like exactly what I’m talking about.

I think people here use word scam also to describe clever use of game economic tools to their advantage

But the point is that nobody is cleverly using economic tools to their advantage! Buying your own lottery tickets to give yourself a chance of winning your own item is an idiotic thing to do. You’re using the economic tools to your own disadvantage. And you don’t even do anything to exploit your intended “victim”, everyone who buys tickets in your lottery gets the exact chance of winning and exact prize that they were promised when they bought the ticket. The only person suffering any loss is the idiot running the “scam”.

The simple fact here is that the most effective way to use the lottery system is in the most straightforward and honest way possible: create a standard lottery where the sum of the ticket prices is more than the value of the item and sell all of the tickets to other players. There is nothing that the person running the lottery can exploit, only opportunities to lose money by being bad at math.

That would be so awesome.

LOOOOL

ikr

1 Like

Sometimes a bit of disadvantage makes your account bigger than by only taking some cherrypicked factors into account, fundamentals but without sidenotes. I think this was the case. That is how gaming the system looks, when there is penalty involved and gain, and short time to check out before people learn whats going on, people will want to push all buttons to get to their goal faster than others.

Its like in ganking the freighter full of pricey stuff. You lose, but you actually win. Just have to get the loot with alt.

In war it is scorched earth tactics, when you force enemy to stretch their logistic lines in their advance, so they have to become vulnerable. So you attack your own infrastructure before enemy takes it over and enemy logistics collapses under the sheer distance factor and then assault slows down and collapses, taking the parts takes too long, taking fuel takes too long, everything is taking too long so soldier have no ammo eventually because he had to shoot constantly and the truck is somewhere, broken or without fuel. The defender is shortening their own supply lines so they will have ammo faster.

That is why armies marching into Russia even when having great successes, finally have to get back where they came from eventually.

I agree with Wal-Mart. This was started to shake things up and give the people of Eve a chance to own a ship that they might not afford. With in no time this turned into a poop show with scammers at the wheel. If I recall eve took down 2 sights that played a similar game. Blink was one. Now EVE has their own game and it’s more corrupt then the one’s they took down? It’s just my opinion that if you make a HyperNet you and all your alts should not be able to buy a ticket for it. Also limit the amount of tickets people can buy. So if you put the tickets at 512 you can only buy 20. If it’s 48 then you can only buy 5 , 16 then 2 , and 8 gets 1. This wont fix thing but it might help for the time being. CCP relay fuqed up on this one!

No it wasn’t. It was introduced to enable gambling, which it has done.

It’s just my opinion that if you make a HyperNet you and all your alts should not be able to buy a ticket for it. Also limit the amount of tickets people can buy. So if you put the tickets at 512 you can only buy 20. If it’s 48 then you can only buy 5 , 16 then 2 , and 8 gets 1. This wont fix thing but it might help for the time being. CCP relay fuqed up on this one!

Oh look, another person who doesn’t understand math and wants the world to know. Let us review:

1. Buying your own tickets is a fundamentally stupid act that causes you to make less money (or even lose money) than if you had sold them all to other players. Only idiots who don’t understand math buy their own tickets to have a chance at winning their prize back.

2. Buying your own lottery tickets does not change the odds of winning for any other ticket. If I buy one ticket I have a X% chance of winning regardless of whether the remaining tickets are sold to other players or the person running the lottery. Only idiots who don’t understand math complain about who bought the other tickets in the lottery.

CCP’s only mistake here was not issuing a permanent account ban for everyone posting whine threads based on their lack of understanding of math, therefore subjecting me to an endless stream of ignorant nonsense.

1 Like

Odd attemt at explaining what it is to be smart.

It really is open for interpretation. We each have our own perspective on what is smart. Book smart is a common form with fairly easy ways of showing proof with various degrees and other academic achievements.

Common sense smart is hard to measure and this is where individual perspective becomes the judge.

Situational smarts is an interesting one. Where a pure genius can be dumb compared to a high school drop out. Or vise versa depending on the situation.

What sort of smarts is better then the other? Well that really is up to each of us to decide. If I had to choose I would stick with working as a team as no one person will have all the answers in every situation.

As far as this HyperNet thing goes everyone seems to be over thinking it. It is a very simple lottery. Dont matter who or how many you or someone else buy. Just a simple question of do you want to gamble and is the amount you gamble worth the risk and will it be rewarding enough if you win. No scam what so ever.

I understand smart as being intelligent. The way it is described varies but I like this:

In 1983 an American developmental psychologist Howard Gardener described 9 types of intelligence:

• Naturalist (nature smart)
  • Musical (sound smart)
  • Logical-mathematical (number/reasoning smart)
  • Existential (life smart)
  • Interpersonal (people smart)
  • Bodily-kinesthetic (body smart)
  • Linguistic (word smart)

Balanced between all those is generally smart I suppose.

Also its the ability to learn, ability to recognize problem and solve it in many fields. Thats simple description very fitting to what it is I think. Knowledge is very needed in recognizing problem, that is why we make experiments and read books, watch educational movies.

1 Like

if you buy most of the tickets you discourage other people from buying tickets so the timer you wind up losing even more I wish I can restrict the tickets two maybe three to two per person on raffle so other people will participate
cuz if it fails I lose a lot of money and nobody gets anything so it’s a lose-lose cuz one person is greedy

It doesnt matter how many tickets other people buy - your odds of wining do not change. for instance - if its a 512 node lotto - if you buy one ticket you have a 0ne in 512 chance - this does not change even if someone buys all the other 511 tickets. The only way you can change your odds is to buy more tickets. I have yet to see a hypernet lottery where you couldnt buy as many tickets as you want. You want a 50/50 shot - go ahead buy half the tickets.

You’re not wrong and you’re a good person, but you overshot my “work smarter, not harder” quite by a bit. :slight_smile:

Just wanted to describe it how I see it. For example, was Einstein born with all the knowledge and thoughts already present in his brain? He had to think whole life on physics, and not only, he was a patent office clerk and had to solve a lot of problems with them, thinking was his work actually. He certainly had predispositions, but without all that hard work he would not be who we know.
https://www.ige.ch/en/about-us/the-history-of-the-ipi/einstein/einstein-at-the-patent-office.html
We have a saying here, talent is 5% of skills, the rest is work. I think it also applies to mental capabilities.

But yes, of course working without thinking is not very good idea. :hammer_and_wrench:

1 Like

I read the title and my mind immediately went to:

Is this person actually surprised/complaining that a gambling system is rigged in “the house’s” favor?

:thinking:

1 Like