I believe Warp To Zero destroyed Eve (We should allow indterdictor SHIPS to operate in low-sec)

No, I read it. I was just replying to that one part there. I even liked your response!

That has nothing to do with lack of interception capabilities. Miroitem, Tama or Hier are chokepoints that see plenty of content. Instead of useless ideas like bubbles in low sec, low sec should provide more shortcuts to remote places. Like the Jita - Rancer - Minmatar space route. That would liven up low sec in certain areas.

1 Like

Unless you can somehow show me that those guys were a significant amount of lowseccers, I’d still not waste sweat on it.

LowSec should be a place for player “pirate factions”. I’ve long envisioned a LowSec with pirate corps/alliances maintaining control over an area of space, mining it, harvesting resources, building ■■■■, and exporting it to shady people in HiSec/NullSec, defending their turf as best they can.

1 Like

So you want Eve to be an idle-clicker game?

You said the same thing I did, using slightly different words.

Oh well, doesn’t matter. :slight_smile:

That is what you want it to be. You want more clicks by removing WTZ, by reintroducing freighter treks, by bubble camps.

What I want is more meaningful activity and reason to go to low sec (without being coerced into it).

I think low-sec shouldn’t be null-sec. Which is what you described. Low-sec is for those who don’t want to build, don’t want to defend station, for those who want to prowl, pirate, and ransom. IMO.

If you want to build stations, defend stations, ‘own territory’ that’s null-sec.

If you want to pirate, ransom, loot, kill, and such, that’s low-sec.

If you want the safety of police (Concord, System Security) and such, not own or maintain stations, run missions against NPCs, interact only with NPCs, that’s high sec.

IMO

=-=-=-=

High Sec = Own Ships, face only NPCs. Don’t worry about protecting or fueling structures. (By design. By practice, you also get suicide gankers.)

Low Sec = Own Ships, face NPCs and Players. Don’t worry about protecting or fueling structures.

Null Sec = Technically face NPCs, but they’re not a threat to you, and if you want a base of operations you have to build structures, and maintain them, and defend them.

High Sec = Passive & NPC Empire Owned

Low Sec = Aggressive & No Man’s Land

Null Sec = Passive-Aggressive & Player Owned

2 Likes

Okay well enjoy your empty LowSec then, because what you just described is what we already have and it’s dead. GG.

Prates will camp the gates like they camp the gates looking for loot and/or ransoms, others will go and kill those pirates for various reasons. Conflict & content! More people in low-sec!

I disagree with adding bubbles to low sec. This would make low sec too similar to null sec and too dangerous. The best way to encourage people to leave high sec is to give them an area with better resources- but less security than what they are used to. If you make low sec too much of a drop off from high sec, it will discourage people from wanting to leave high sec.

1 Like

There’s no reason for anyone to go to LowSec in your paradigm, except to shoot other players.

So you just get groups of players looking for easy targets, but all they have to shoot is eachother, which they only resort to doing out of boredom and lack of targets.

So you don’t have piracy and ransoms you just have bored muggers punching each other in the face for eternity.

5 Likes

So NullSec or WHs. Great!

What you’re saying is impossible. You’re claiming people own’t be in low-sec BECAUSE there will be people in low-sec camping the gates.

I’m saying, there will be people in low-sec camping the gates, and there will be more people in low-sec to destroy those camps.

This isn’t about getting people to leave high-sec. This is about getting content! Creating places of conflict. Chock points.

What you’re describing IS WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE - you know what, I’ve interacted with enough dumb for the day. Take care bro.

1 Like

No we don’t already have this, if we did already have this, then we’d have more ‘meaningful content’ than we do now.

If you think we already have it, you’re completely missing what I’m talking about.

Null-sec bubble-camps are boring because the enemy doesn’t really need to go through them.

Low-sec bubbles can choke trade between high-sec systems, because they’re in places people need to get through, and will force people to come in and fight or give you loot.

Most systems in null are empty as well. This isn’t a complaint, just an observation. The more secure people can be, they more they are willing to PvE in occupied systems. If we want more people to hang out in low, it needs to be safer (Or have better rewards) if you want less people to hang out there, then make it less safe.

Now, if CCP ever gets around to Implementing resource depletion - the mechanics would work themselves out (less occupied systems would have better resources than heavily occupied systems)- but I don’t know if that’s still something being considered.

2 Likes

Autopilot currently lands you in 10km range (effectively 7500m for gates because jump range is 2500m from the gate)… what you propose is that manual flight with bookmarks and other whistleblowers is worse than autopiloting.