I believe Warp To Zero destroyed Eve (We should allow indterdictor SHIPS to operate in low-sec)

Don’t miss the point. The point is NOT about getting more people to hang out in low-sec. The point is to create places of/for conflict. To give people a reason to fight.

Because, as you said…

And I agree with you greatly that resources (or lack of them) would be a source of conflict, as you said here…

But that’s not the topic this thread is about.

So many people really don’t understand what I’m saying, when BOOKMARKS WOULD NOT WORK. I even gave psudo-code above. You would not be able to manually fly with bookmarks. Would not work, period.

And, yes, right now auto-pilot is 10km away, as of a patch or two ago. Also not the point.

exactly the point: you propose something that will make manual flight less efficient than AP.

1 Like

Well, auto-pilot would go back to being 15km in my ‘proposal’ which was not my proposal. I said I believe warp-to-zero ruined Eve. That’s not what I proposed.

The solution to a problem is not always to simply change back to how things were before the change.

Thanks for responding without reading what I actually proposed.

1 Like

Then manual flight will be will be the same as AP - same problem.

I have read your proposal and just pointed out a simple issue/inconsistency in it.

What does warping manually with bookmarks whether auto-pilot is 10km or 15km have anything to do with allowing interdictor bubbles in low-sec?

Bubbles do not generate that scenario at all. You know what would do that? If Olettiers would cut the travel distance between Jita and Dodixie by a considerable number of jumps if it had a gate to Decon. As an example.

1 Like

nothing but thats not what you proposed (initially). Also allowing bubbles in LS will just lead to same bookmark spam for observer spots around the gate (several of them) to avoid those bubbles.

I really don’t see how making it easier to get from Jita to Dodixie makes more conflict.

And I can go on.

Or, would this cause more people to never leave high sec?

The map is designed so you have to travel through low-sec to get from one high-sec to another.

People left high-sec all the time back in 2005, 2006, and there were pirates everywhere in low-sec.

=-=-=

I used to dodge pirates to transport goods between two systems only two-jumps apart, because the value between the two systems of the items was worth it to me… because, I was willing to run that blockade when others weren’t.

If there’s a profit in it, someone will do it.

Can you explain this a little better? The last time I checked, I can fly between all 4 major trade hubs without leaving high sec. I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just asking for clarification.

I’m not 100%, but I’m fairly certain, I think the map changed. I recall not being able to get from one NPC-Empire to the other without going through low-sec.

Either way, staying in high sec, it would mean taking the long way around, right? Otherwise things have really changed.

This has not been the case for at least 10 years. You can reach all high sec hubs without going through low sec.

It is, however, the wet dream of campers that CCP should divide high sec into 4 islands separated by low sec. I do not think that is a good idea. It creates too much separation without benefits. A better way would be longer trips between hub areas via high sec and shortcuts through low sec connections.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. You aren’t putting that genie back into the bottle at this point

1 Like

As close as it gets is Uedama, a .5 sec trade choke point, but still high security. You might be able to squeeze a few bucks out of areas like Solitude that are islands of high security bordered by low security space, but it would probably be low volume and situational.

The way I remember it some years ago, it was a long way through high sec and a short-cut through low sec, and I believe (not 100% sure) before that it was four islands as you call it.

I’d be fine with a long way through high sec, and short-cuts through low-sec, as that would encourage people to take the risk of the short-cut, while not forcing them to.

=-=-=
You make it sound like high-sec isn’t that far apart, I really do think the map changed. I’m searching online right now, but its a difficult search term, and I don’t feel like reading change-logs all the way back to 2006 trying to find it (if it exists).

=-=-=

THAT might be the areas I was thinking of. There are islands of high sec inside low-sec, still…?

I’ve been away too long (just came back) and lived in null-sec since ‘forever.’

And with the way things are, I never have to leave null-sec… unlike the old days, when we would do freighter ops (which is something I discuss in another thread).

LoL, I said that on comms earlier today.

I’m not talking about reversing Warp-To-Zero. I’m saying it ruined Eve.

I am saying, allow Interdictor Bubbles FROM SHIPS ONLY in low-sec now.

There are, yes. Solitude is the largest of these areas, I believe, but there are several other micro pockets of one or two systems that you have to cross into low security space to reach. At least some of them have their own micro economies, but I have not visited very many for long to see what they’re like in general.

1 Like