I believe Warp To Zero destroyed Eve (We should allow indterdictor SHIPS to operate in low-sec)

Every bittervet post is the same. It used to be better before.

I will tell you why it was better.

There were much more players who played this game. There were much more worse/stupid/clueless players who played this game so you could prey on them.

Years and years these players quit because reasons.

Now most players who still plays eve is tough, they know how to avoid risks and they know the tricks. It is very hard to prey on them and that makes the game unfun. I also hate to roam 1 hour in lowsec and not find any easy kill. Waste of time.

But this is not CCP who caused this, this is all on players. Players adapted, those who didn’t quit at least. New players are rare to find and usually they are getting scammed at Jita, suicide ganked in Sivala or suspect baited all over hs and they quit.

Warp to zero related, the moment it became clear you can make bookmark to zero CCP had no other choice than to allow it normally. And that is all because of players, nobody wants to lose ships, so it is obviously they came out with the bookmark workaround.

4 Likes

I’ll take your word for it.

I agree with you 100% on that, and I recognize that as well, but it wasn’t the point of this topic so I didn’t mention it myself earlier to prove I’m aware of that. I’m just discussing this one aspect (Warp To Zero Ruined Eve) and so far one solution (Allow Indertictor Bubbles from ships) which people are agreeing and disagreeing with.

RIGHT!? I’m sick of it too… although I don’t need easy kills, just good fights, myself… and I don’t want to have to roam for hours and hours to find one good fight or none at all. We need points of conflict. Faction Warfare tried to create that, but it needs reworked, AND THAT’S ANOTHER TOPIC, FOR A DIFFERENT THREAD, which I’d love to discuss (somewhere else).

This is where I strongly disagree with you. CCP has changed the game a lot over the years, and every change they’ve made changed the way the game is be played, and it caters to a certain play style. The way the game is designed right now, it is defender’s advantage. When something’s defender’s advantage, people will defend… because attacking doesn’t give a reward. And when everyone’s defending, no one’s attacking.

I argue CCP needs to give some advantage back to the aggressors. And, in THIS THREAD that recommendation is to give pirates, old school pirates who aren’t even in the game any more, but might come back or a new bread similar may grow, an advantage. By allowing pirates to catch prey in low-sec.

I’d argue (in another thread) that player owned stations shouldn’t exist in low-sec, or high-sec, but that’s for another thread… and another issue. I/we can’t cover all issues in one thread.

Right, players are going to do what they can to survive, to defend, to keep their ships, to keep what they’ve earned. Of course the players are going to do it, and while I think they could have never stuck warp-to-zero in, once they did and it was around for a little while, it was too late. It is certainly too late to remove warp-to-zero now.

And it would be wrong to allow people to anchor anything in low sec (including fricken stations) but dropping a bubble from your inditercitor or putting a bubble up with a HIC, I feel fits into the the gap nicely. The whole reason interdictor bubbles (the anchorable ones) were created was to fill the nitch of the 15km being removed. And because low-sec didn’t have bubbles, the old-school ransom-pirates, and other pirates either left the game or became high-sec suicide-gankers.

Allowing interdictor bubbles FROM SHIPS in low-sec keeps low-sec as a place you can’t anchor things, and returns things kinda back to the 15km warp-to range in terms of creating conflict, while still allowing people to warp-to-zero in areas that aren’t camped. Thus, you get the advantage and efficiency of warp-to-zero where things aren’t camped, and the fun-troubles of gate camps where they are camped.

Still-faster travel, with the ability to have more and larger conflicts on gates in low-sec.

1 Like

Eve shouldn’t be safe.

The only major map change, aside from the addition of wormholes in 2009, that I can think of is back in 2005, when CCP rerouted the gates and the major trade hub changed from Yulai to Jita.

1 Like

I’ve been playing about that long, so maybe I do remember it. Also,I may have been thinking of solitude or other ‘high-sec islands.’

Thank you. :smiley:

I believe you are incorrect. Warp to zero changed EVE yes. But it didn’t destroy it.

What it did to remove the tedium of creating bookmarks far out weighed whatever fights were lost.

IIRC it was even partially done out of need as the vast number of bookmarks was bogging down the servers. I could be wrong though my memory gets fuzzy.

Also the bottom line is that there have been so many changes to the game since then it is far to simplistic to pick any single change and claim it is the one that “destroyed” EVE.

Another person who thinks bookmarks would still work.

Please, please, learn a little programming and read my above posts. BOOKMARKS WOULD NOT WORK, SO YOU PEOPLE WOULDN’T CREATE THEM.

=-=-=-=

Maybe you guys who think bookmarks would work can get it if I describe it this way:

Just like warp bubbles stop you now, every gate and station would basically have an invisible warp bubble around it.

You wouldn’t see it, and it wouldn’t prevent you from warping away, but just like they stop you from landing at the gate when in front if it, the code would work like that.

Because if you have a bookmark in-line with a warp bubble now, do you go through warp bubbles? No. So just like that, you wouldn’t go through gates or stations.

So it is/was doable.

Everyone who reads this post can tell you don’t read posts before replying.

As far as ‘sneaking through’ goes… I haven’t recommended that all interceptors get stuck in bubbles. I haven’t recommended removing blockade runners, covert ops ships, and the like.

But, yes, for the most part, I’d like to see players ‘forced to play together’ more. Not entirely, and I’ve stated such in other posts, that there should be something for all play styles in Eve. If someone doesn’t want to risk losing their ship to players (they shouldn’t play Eve) they can stick to high-sec. As someone else said above (if you read) you can travel through high-sec without ever going through low-sec. (They’re more or less correct.)

You skipped most of the first post, clearly. And you did come off as sarcastic. :-/

I’m (I think) glad you agree with me. :smiley:

1 Like

There already is a “lowsec with bubbles” it’s called NPC Nullsec. You can live in your choice of NPC null areas and get what you want: No sov and yes to null weapons.

1 Like

Completely missing the point.

I don’t want to live in low-sec with bubbles. I want more content.

I want Eve to be more dangerous. (Like it used to be, and I believe intended to be.)

I want to encourage low-sec pirates, so I can go kill them!

I want to kill them because their pirates! And that makes them “bad guys.”

I don’t want to be the bad guy by finding miners minding their own business and killing them. I don’t want to be the bad guy by looking for people ratting in belts or anoms, minding their own business and killing them. I don’t want to be the bad guy… I want to hunt the bad guys. For that, we need bad guys. So, I’m trying to encourage bad guys.

Eve shouldn’t be safe.

1 Like

The warp-in is 10km … on average. It’s within 7500m to 12500m.
All warps end somewhere in a 2500m sphere around the destination.

You need to be the change you want to see in the world.

Right now you’re instead begging a higher power to create it for you,
which means changing something so other people create content for you.

Everyone can always create content.
The problem is your apparent inability to create it.

That’s definitely not what you’re doing here.
Here you’re clearly hoping for divine, read: CCP, intervention.

1 Like

Eve is a game, a game I used to enjoy more, and one I’d like to enjoy again. Of course I’m hoping CCP reads this, and makes changes to the game that I find favorable and enjoyable, and why not?

Its funny how you’re acting like I’m asking for a favor from a god. CCP is very involved in their community, from the years I’ve been playing this game I know they are.

Your comments add nothing of value to this conversation.

You really need to read and comprehend before jumping to reply. I was disagreeing with your original premise. Warp to zero did not destroy eve. Given that I don’t really care about whatever “fix” you might have as it is not necessary.

CCP is and has been very good at listening to the community. They are very engaged with their community. And I feel, its time this part (me and my demographic) of the community spoke up again.

As someone who’s been playing this game since 2005, I really think I have a pretty good understanding of jumping.

Reading on the other hand…

Reading what? Your post that I may not have seen, or the one I saw that you deleted before I could finish it?