I invited new players :)

Sounds like the issue here: you threw your friends into the deep end, failed to teach them anything, and then they quit.

1 Like

YOU’RE the chess teacher. That’s my point.

I took them to a rock in hi sec and told them to target it and press the miner module and then they got killed? is that the deep end?

yes and my student was murdered on the way to a lesson :slight_smile:

I do get your point, im just kidding

So how would you introduce a new player?

I told you how i would introduce a new player, go through the tutorial, do the career agents, and look for a hi sec newb corp, preferably EVE uni. Brave Newbies is another good one, and they can teach all the basics needed to play the game, and take avenues of either PVE/PVP/explo etc. all kinds of activities to do in EVE. getting ganked, or ganking someone is just a tiny slice of EVE’s Pie.

2 Likes

i’m not sure exactly how long you been playing, if its only been a day or two, then this next option will be worth it for all of you.

go to your account.eveonline.com page, and at the bottom you should find a link to give a referral. you can give that to your friends, and use it yourself, to create new accounts/characters and you’ll each start out with 1 mil SP. Note however, this only works for one character… if you start another character on that same account, they will not get the 1 Mil SP.

but you can use the link as often as you want to create multiple accounts and have one character on each account get 1 mil SP.

2 Likes

I agree, its hard, and the learning curve is steep and I enjoy that. but the penalty’s for player killing in hi sec need to be proportionate to make killing new players less of a sport for kill boards, if you want to kill someone in hi sec it better be worth it. why kill a venture with no cargo if not for sport?

They don’t know you are either a new player, or an alt, and they can’t see if you are omega/alpha clones. some people kill because they can.
others kill miners and extort them to buy permits for “perceived” safety to mine what doesn’t belong to them.

:frowning: same reason you never had friends I guess.

Very gallant. With skills like that I’m sure you’ll go far.

3 Likes

Okay, all I am trying to say is the punishment does not fit the crime. if someone wants to pvp they have low sec, null sec, and wh space, the only people who would suicide gank in high sec are weirdo predators, cowards or people intentionally trying to sabotage the success of the game. why else would you do it? genuine question.

EvE is harsh, even a CCP dev will tell you, you consent to PVP when you undock your ship. Gankers have consequences too. They lose security standings (meaning they get chased by Faction Police) and they get CONCORDOKKEN (they lose their ship) The Key is, to not look inviting to kill, to have enough tank to last 6 to 19 seconds from alpha strike of the gankers or to be ready to get out when you see someone appear in your space that shouldn’t be.

D-Scan is a tool you should be acquainted with, especially as a miner. You can also set standings with corps as terrible, so when they pop up in your local, they’ll have an icon beside their names.

because they can, and CCP allows that kind of gameplay in EVE. They can also scam you out of ISK, put up bogus contracts to stations you won’t have access to, just to destroy your ship (if you haul), promise to double your isk, but keep your isk. if you do a station trade, last second they can change the numbers to to give you a massive loss on an item if you are trading an item.

1 Like

Lucky!
I had to wait 2 weeks for pirates to finally pay attention. I flew silly through hisec and better part of lowsec until I hit 0.3… then all hell broke loose. My warp capabilities went to sh- I lost thruster, my shield alert screamed once never to be heard again and the structural integrity of my ship caved in immediately after that.
I found my clone floating dead in the void of space, amidst the scattered debris of a Corvette.
It was great!
Tell your wife to come back, that she just won EVE by getting exploded by pirates and that now she can go be a pirate, too :smiley:

2 Likes

Words = 0 dps.

But hey, he seems to forum pvp just fine.

2 Likes

Permit me to doubt that his “friend” and “wife” left the game… ganked mining my foot. By the reading of his posts - if you want to call them that - his friend and wife are long gone… probably together away from him.
In here, he’s barely a nuisance, not worth calling him a Troll, that would be insulting Trolls.

2 Likes

Care to prove that an actual in-game item called a mining permit exists?

I’d just like to know how an imaginary item gets looted.

For your reading enjoyment…
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Scams_in_EVE_Online

2 Likes

Your wife needs a mining permit.

2 Likes