I miss shooting people for fun. Please help me

So if I blow up a Procurer mining in LowSec, it’s fine, but in HiSec it’s “trying to destroy someone else’s gameplay”? Or is shooting the Procurer in LowSec also “trying to destroy someone else’s gameplay”?

And how do you factor in that this is just part of EVE Online?

Have you considered the possibility that maybe EVE Online just isn’t the game for you?

We’ve been dropping a lot of dead weight the past few months…

EDIT: If this was WoW and I ganked someone doing quests, is that also “toxic”?

3 Likes

Well Sol, good job on drawing out the “ganking is a hatecrime!” folks. I’m sorry no one actually wants to discuss why there are so few places left where people actually talk to strangers and interact, but at least you got some traction on a tangential subject.

So since this thread is about how evil it is to shoot players in a spaceship game all about space war, I’m going to link a fan-favourite post do stimulate discussion in this area:

https://gankingisbullying.blogspot.com/

But for the record, say what you want about the actual game mechanics, but Sol and his ilk aren’t out to “ruin” someone’s game. They are just trying to have fun in a futuristic sandbox.

You don’t have to enjoy the same thing, or even want to play with them, but lets not resort to simplistically calling them “evil” because they don’t find fun or satisfaction in the sames things you do.

It’s not all about you.

7 Likes

If you do it in lo-sec someone might drop a carrier on you.

As to ganking, I have never been successfully ganked, but I have lost a lot of friends in the game who left after being repeatedly ganked, where there was no risk for the gankers.

1 Like

The only question here is are you looking to PvP with other players wanting PvP or are you just looking to buff your Killmail record?

3 Likes

So whys it morally defenseable to drop a Carrier on a Caracal?

1 Like

He never said that.

Why imply something totally different than what’s actually written?

2 Likes

Im not impling anything Im asking him a question.

Your question implies he said something different than what he actually wrote in response to what a ganker posted:

So if I blow up a Procurer mining in LowSec, it’s fine, but in HiSec it’s “trying to destroy someone else’s gameplay”? Or is shooting the Procurer in LowSec also “trying to destroy someone else’s gameplay”?

His answer was:

If you do it in lo-sec someone might drop a carrier on you.

I think thats you inferring.

DeMichael, you know I dont fight with you.

So if you want to answer the question, thats cool, but it was his response I was interested in.

1 Like

Nope, he just used that as an example to illustrate why they don’t go do their ganking in low sec, too high of a risk for failure.

I think your lack of motivation comes from not having a goal when playing, or you can only think about things you already mastered, or are not worth taking anymore.

1 Like

You imply people affirmed it is morally defenseable to drop a carrrier.

This misconception right here is the crux of the matter.

Gankers do have risk, but they’ve factored it into their play to the extent that it’s now a cost.

If people wish to see more risk for gankers, over and above what is provided by the game then they need to be provide that risk themselves. Fitting a proper tank for instance increases the gankers risk of failure.

Sod the woe is me crap, be the change you want to see.

Welcome to the sandbox, watch out for the landmines and punji sticks.

8 Likes

In high sec where people learn the game or low/null/hole ? Such an obfuscation of situational awareness that tastes like some salt miner got mined himself.

Prob. No1 there is lack of ppl in this game
Vets
Alts
Bots
Are not people…ok vets barely are
Prob. No2 griefing is super damaging to game ecosystem without large influx of new players to serve as cover of what’s going on its unsustainable.

1 Like

If I was trying to make an implication I wouldnt do it with something the forum posters pretty much universally consider a fact.

What is depressing is that rather than answer a simple question, people seem more interested in defining what is or is not an implication.

The obfuscation is in undermining people’s opinions with pointless semantic juggling. If you see no connection why are you replying?

1 Like

Twist and turn it all you like. In eve online you cannot do what you sugested. I always laugh at people who defend their actions by proxy, saying “But other people break other rules of the law TOO.”
You know its bad but are incapable of doing better. I understand but think it is sad.

But thats the point thats not a risk that is a cost. A risk is that they are destroyed while they are waiting for someone to attack. A risk that does not currently exist.

What did I suggest? I dont recall suggesting anything.