I used to look forward to updates. Now i dread them

No messy forum post for when you leave, just incessant crying and whining in every thread you can while you’re still in the game.

It’s remarkable how many threads I’ve seen get completely sidetracked lately by you, Destiny Corrupted, and a handful of others. Mostly PvP-rah-rah types.

Honestly, I get that PvP in the game kinda sucks, and some like Destiny Corrupted talk a big talk but are in carebear corps and haven’t PvP’d in over half a decade, so you need some other outlet for your anger and misanthropy.

But just in the interests of longevity, I’d recommend cooling it a little bit for a while. People have been forum-banned for being constant trolls, you know.

1 Like

c-can I have your stuff?

You have about 5% less buff with Orca (command burst) … so speed is reduced. Keep in mind to only have 5% less you have to activate the indu core, which means, that you are unable to move or do anything else for 5 min … also known as gankers piniata.
Its nothing else but a huge buff for gankers. Yes you CAN mine more now, but newbros are ■■■■■■ while huge alliances, like goons are buffed. Save procedure als always :frowning:

Imagine you buy a car. You enjoy your car. You enjoy driving it.

Then one day, you notice the car manufacturer in your driveway removing parts, replacing the nice leather seat with a hard plastic shell. Replacing the tires with trashy looking tires. Removing the shocks so it doesn’t drive as smooth.

And they tell you “Its not fair you have this lambo, and your neighbor has a honda… Lambo proliferation is bad for society. Why are you so entitled? You have a whole house there. Why do you care if we’re modifying the car you bought and enjoyed?”

You’re projecting. The entitlement is all on your end. You see something that i have, and you feel jealous. Y ou feel entitled to manipulate the game rules and change the game to suit you better. And then you have the audacity to turn around and claim i’m the one who’s entitled.

When you get ahead in a game, we should just change the rules on you, to punish you for your success, and reward me for my failure, and i’ll call you entitled if you have a problem with it. Surely this type of ignorant attitude is listed somewhere in the DSM

I have supercarriers, carriers, dreads, rorquals. golems, rattlesnake

They’re all fit and ready to go. They can all be used for grinding at any time.

i use none of them. i can give you my wallet API if you wanna check for yourself. I haven’t ratted in 2+ years. I haven’t done an incursion in over 1 year. I mined for maybe 2 hours total this month, because others were and i was bored and watching things on my other screen.

if you want to frame me as a “grindbear” you’re just frolicking in your own delusional filth.

“Ive all these blingchariot grindwagens, but Im not a krab and I dont grind and you cant prove it.”

2 Likes

Just because you can imagine things, does not make them true.

they’re all pvp fit.

They can be refit for pve if i choose. None of them are currently capable of pve.

I wanted the skins from the halloween event, but i was too lazy to grind for those too.

I don’t grind. I simply don’t do it. And you insisting that i do, doesn’t change the fact i don’t. You’re just building up a straw house to knock down, and then patting yourself on the back for the effort.

If you dont, then I fail to see what you have to complain about. As it stands, your reactions say it is you who are wallowing in

To use your own charming manner of debate

Surely its possible to make isk in the game without being branded a “grindbear”, no?

Can you describe how you make money in eve without falling into your “grindbear” label?

That’s only because you did so much in the past, that you don’t have to today since you already have everything you need and will need for a very long time. You’re bored of the game because you ruined it for yourself, and are blaming it on upcoming changes that don’t even seem to affect you (according to your own claims).

If CCP doubled all mining yields and doubled the bounties you get from all null-sec PvE, would you suddenly start doing all of that stuff again?

By engaging in balanced gameplay, and not doing PvE for 99-100% of your play time, which is what something like 90% of the player base does, and why CCP has to implement all of these changes in the first place.

That’s right. PvE is harder than PvP.

:roll_eyes:

Open-world aside, you’re saying there’s a right way and a wrong way to play EVE Online for the good of the game, is that correct? If so, is there a guide or manual that will teach and tell me exactly how to play this game the right way so that I can fashion my playstyle around that? And where may I find it?
So I’m interested in both PvE and PvP, how much percentage of my time in EVE am I allowed to PvP and how much percentage am I allowed to PvE, again, knowing that EVE is advertised as an Open-world game?
Thank you for helping newbros like me understand what they are allowed to do and not do in this great Open-world game.

https://www.james315.space/

Highlighted the important bit.

Yes, this is correct. But you don’t need to read a guide to get an answer for this question. It’s actually pretty much just plain old common sense.

You need to play in a way that keeps relative parity between your production and your consumption. It’s okay to have a margin (i.e. to produce somewhat more than you consume), to be able to work toward bigger objectives and training goals. In a practical sense, it’s not so much about activity percentages as it is about raw economic activity.

When you have a situation in which 90% of the game’s population does nothing but grind PvE day in and day out, and the delta between production and destruction keeps widening (look at the first chart of the monthly economic reports), you will not have a healthy economy, and you will not have a healthy game. It’s obvious that the players engaging in destruction, either semi-voluntarily losing their ships through war, or causing destruction through non-consensual PvP (e.g. ganking, wars, piracy) can’t keep up with the output. And on top of that players are constantly crying for the non-consensual PvP aspects of the game to be nerfed, which would cause an even greater economic disparity.

Can you keep doing nothing but grinding PvE on the justification that this is an open-world game and that you’re entitled to play however you want?

Yes.

But then you run into the problem of the commons. It’s like…people can use the public square however they want, but if everyone just dumps garbage and shits in it, no one will get any enjoyment or utility from it after a while. Likewise, no one is going to have a good time in EVE in the long term if players keep pumping goods into the economy that aren’t being consumed quickly enough.

You, as a player, have to decide whether selfishness in the short term is worth more to you than sustainability over the long term, and act accordingly.

Would it be fair to conclude, then, according to the parameters you’ve set, that the players exist for the game rather than the game for the players?

Why did you link to some gankers’ website? I don’t understand. Also, I’m not a miner and never intend to be, which confuses me even more about the link. Sorry, I don’t get it.

Calm down miner.

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting