I wish my Age and employment history where secret

Italian Trash.

–Hater Gadget

1 Like

Outside the game, right?

Because you’re rage quitting, remember.

–Helpful Gadget

You can extract the sp out of a char and put it into another one.

New age and no employment history.

The problem you cite was in fact solved with skill extractors and injectors.

I agree with op mostly for ocd reasons. looking how long I have been playing any game is depressing. I also think zkill is to powerful information tool.

Not sure if it’s that relevant really.

Someone looking at the data on a character won’t know how many accounts you have, it won’t tell them how much skill you have. They can guess but they can do that anyway.

A 1 day old character could have more than 50 mill sp, it won’t tell you much other than that person has a lot of in-game isk or has spare cash to throw at the game.

What’s the point of hiding a characters employment record, the only ones that would be interested would be the corp. you are trying to join, but you don’t mind showing them anyway.

1 Like

Bloodlines used to make a difference until they did away with those differences.

Lots of games leave historical markers in their game that no longer have any real purpose, although in this case maybe a bit of lore.

No need to remove them as they’re not doing any harm and are a reminder to some what once was.

1 Like

I wish they would do something with it though, not something massively OP as that would mean existing characters might end up being “bad”. But something, perhaps bloodline based extra starter missions. Anything.

You dont play anymore, why are you still talking?

How the ■■■■ would you know?

Ok then, you tell me what harm ‘bloodlines’ cause in this game, I’d be most interested to know your thoughts on that issue.

A reminder to some, they remind me I count myself amongst some. Been playing since 2005 seen a lot of changes in this game.

What’s happened to Eve?
Asking a newbie crybaby to stay and not feel hurt (when there’s literally nothing to feel hurt by)? Wot?
Where is the “can-I-have-your-stuff” comment?
Requests like the op’s are gradually making Eve more casual and kid-friendly year after year.

Can I have your stuff?

3 Likes

I can see why you didn’t bother posting for 6 months.

The op is entitled to his/her opinion.

I don’t really see it being particularly relevant, hide it, leave it as it is, especially as the op doesn’t mind showing it to a corp. if required.

I could send you a free lesson for an online ESL course.

Doesn’t mean it’s a valid one or that we have to hear about it.

1 Like

Okay, Karen.

So how would you discuss an idea/opinion without discussing it?

Better to just say why it’s a bad or good idea as a reply.

If an opinion is lacking in understanding or just overly dumb there’s no reason nor point to discuss it.

OP states to just have started playing, that means he lacks any and all understanding of the game meaning that any opinion on mechanics of the game is moot by default. He can have an opinion on the tutorial but not on underlying mechanics etc.

Other opinions or ideas are just so very obviously selfish and/or greedy, those also don’t need any other “discussion” other than “no”. Not saying that is the case here even though it seems to be, but in general it does apply. As an example, someone making a post about how he wants a seriously overpowered ship that would completely mess up any sort of balance doesn’t require a lengthy debate, a simple “no, don’t be dumb” is enough.

Just because someone had a brainfart doesn’t mean it’s valid or we need to hear about it.

That’s exactly the time to answer with a sensible post so that you may improve their understanding.

If someone thinks that even though he’s completely new to a game he has good ideas about that game and asks for changes they’re SO delusional there’s really no point.

That’s like a 12 year old getting into a race car for the first time and then going “why don’t cars have 8 wheels” to then post that on the racing forum going “race cars should have 8 wheels”. You’re not going to debate WHY 8 wheels is silly, you’re going to reply with “stop asking dumb questions on things you know nothing about”.

You use a lot of words to tell people you’re a douche.