Yolo1

…nevermind

2 Likes

Running a player corporation is pointless. At the same time, it is a huge amount of work. I think people must have a screw loose to do it. Joining a player corp is sort-of ok sometimes, but you are going to run into these empire-building crazies.

Accusing people of being spies is part of the who CEO gig - it is called paranoid delusion and it is a key piece of the narcissist personality type.

I feel you on that, pardner.
I joined a Corp. that said I could pretty much do what I wanted and after sign up they started imposing stuff on me like I HAD to undock and join the fight ( they didn’t even tell me where the fight was occurring and when I finally found out and warped in, I was ignored on coms and ended up getting blown up for nothing) so I can understand your post completely.
Not only that but when I left their Corp, they blew up my ship before I could leave their system. Nice of them eh? Made me want to kick myself in the butt for ever wanting to join a Corp.

Plus, it’s pretty sheeddy of them to boot you out just because you can’t serve them like a good little puppy because you’re sick and don’t feel like playing a game…
It’s even sheeddier that they accuse you of being a spy but not much surprises me from the EVE community anymore.
Imagine they accused you of stealing something… brrrrr, scary.

I’m happy playing solo now. You may just have to resign yourself into a solo playstyle.
Take good care of yourself. No game or anyone is worth your well-being and if they want to invent scenarios about you to make themselves feel more important than they are, well, it’s their problem, not yours.

Hugs :heart_decoration:

Since you asked for a CEO’s response.

‘We’ do not always do this. There are good CEOs and there are bad CEOs. Good corporations and good alliances, too. What constitutes ‘good’ varies from person to person.

I am very clear about what my corporation is and is not. I probably tend to paint it in more of a negative light than in a positive one because if I’m going to have anyone join I want them to be happy with their decision. I have an official policy of 3 months of inactivity before kicking a player, and I generally wait longer than that. It depends on if having the extra dead weight has an actual negative effect. (ie, if I wanted to pay a dividend to all active players, I may purge the characters who meet the inactivity definition at that time.)

I log in sporadically, and when I am logged in I am usually docked up. I spend my time doing mostly things of an administrative nature so that other people don’t have to worry about stuff like that. Administration is making sure stuff gets where it needs to be. It’s making sure the services you provide don’t run out of fuel. It is listening to what people want and trying to steer the group toward obtaining it.

Administration is also about laying the ground rules. Defining how people inside the corporation or alliance must behave and what is expected of them, getting people to agree to those rules before they join, and then enforcing those rules, if necessary, to preserve the identity and flavor you promised the players who agreed to them.

There is a strong competition for new blood and this leads to many CEOs making decisions based on what choices will get them the most recruits. It could be you are the victim of a numbers game where other members of the corporation you’d never met were afraid of you, indicated they’d quit to escape your shadow, and the CEO decided to eject one player instead of lose several. Where the focus is on member count, I think the group’s cohesion is compromised.

I am a CEO, so of course there’s a bias here, but I don’t think being a CEO means a person is necessarily a narcissist. I blame a lack of interaction and a hiring standard for all the spy fears. There’s always a danger that anyone you hire on may be a spy, but if you talk to a person and build up a relationship of some kind then spies are going to have a harder time getting in. Spies, at least in my experience, seem to appeal to the narcissist personality type and make promises of success and wealth to the CEO. If you have bigger goals than ‘more money’ then it narrows the gap for spies to get in by a fair amount.

I wouldn’t consider myself to be a particularly good CEO. My corporation has about 3 active players, including myself. Or, say, 2.5, since COVID-19 is keeping us busier than we’d like. I can’t recruit to save my life, either. What I do have, though, is an up front consistency that my members and my friends in other organizations appreciate. I don’t have much or do a whole lot, but if I say I’ll do it then it gets done.

I think there are CEOs of quality out there. It just takes due diligence on the part of a player to vet a corporation to make sure it’s a good fit for them, and the same diligence on the part of a corporation’s leadership to make sure a recruit is a good fit before allowing them to join. I think this proverb applied to marriage when I first saw it, but it works for all sorts of situations:

The problem is that buyers will make their selections before perusing the entire length of the counter.

Don’t settle for the first thing you see. Examine all your options first, then make a choice.

1 Like

Why not join a corp where there are no activity requirements then? There are plenty of those that don’t kick you even if you go afk for months without notice, Horde for example

Hey mate I can point to some guys that won’t bother about your way ( or condition) to play. If y want details plz mail me in-game

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.