Ice spawn times

Hi. I do not know, where to ask this, so i do it here.

Is it possible to extract ice belt spawn times data from the game to include them into a website?

1 Like

Ice respawns 4 hours from when it is depleted which is determined by player activity, so, not likely

4 Likes

Concurred.

–Agreeable Gadget

3 Likes

You would need a team of friendly and reliable ice miners to ping your site after they finish off a belt.

2 Likes

So you want ice to be bottable and known to everyone through API scrapes? Yeah no. Its already bad enough as is even with intel channels of local miners telling friends when the next spawn is.

1 Like

Camp an Alpha in the Ice system and you can track it yourself.

PS: Ice belts should spawn as random anomalies.

2 Likes

This absolutely this. Hell I’d like to see all ore and ice anomalies spawn as signatures, so they have to be scanned down. Could be a niche profession for people.

3 Likes

Best thing I’ve seen you say in ages

I’m no miner but this would make more sense than the 4h timer

Like have some randomness like Vigil Sites or 4/10 DED sites… and you’d have to scan them to find them instead of having them in your face

1 Like

Yeah, it would become a niche profession. Because many would stop mining or quit :grinning:

2 Likes

Been saying it for years…
Especially when keybroadcast multiboxer swarmed them.

ICE can be a mining anomaly like all the ore anomalies.

Probing is too much to ask of a mining ship, and EVE needs a steady flow of ICE.
Plus PvE/Data/Relic hunters dont need more sig clutter.

1 Like

You have no idea what kind of hoops people will go through to get their isk. Besides if some people stopped mining, the ore and mineral prices would go up which would incentivize others to take up mining.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers. Really nice ideas in them.

1 Like

I already have them. They feed my own gallente ice mining intel channel. But sometimes pilots ask for intel for other regions and am rying to find a way to help them.

1 Like

So you don’t like intel channels? Just for for mining or at all, like for enemy spotting?

1 Like

Nothing to do with not liking intel channels. Just hate scraping and gathering intel through 3rd party programs, out of game or through APIs. Even killboards are cancer in this department.

Intel should be more valuable and harder to obtain imo. Boots on the ground sort of thing rather than omnipresent machine realms.

2 Likes

Its a trivial matter to setup Alphas at Ice systems to scout, or share Ice uptimes with other Ice miners.

Furthermore, if you are serious about Ice, its a good idea to have an Omega trader buying up cheap Ice dropped off by nearby lazyies in the Ice system.

Some careful map analysis also will show you several areas where there are Ice fields within a few jumps of each other.

The field depletion times are very predictable once you visit them a few times and see how fast the regular alarm-clock mass-miners pace them.

A single-man Ice mining operation will usually have no problem running as much Ice as they can haul. The Ice depletion times is more an issue for massive multibox mining operations with large PLEX overhead costs.

Protip:

Since CODE is largely turning a blind eye to Ice field operations (hmmm), there is an opportunity here for an Ice miner specific ganking crew to step up and profit.

Downside is some of the Ice multibox miner fleets are so large, that there is a ton of drones and tank to deal with. BUT you can bump them off the main fleet, one by one, and beyond the reach of rest of fleet, to destroy them.

On the upside, you will ALWAYS have targets whenever the Ice system respawns, without fail, like clockwork. Also you are more or less guaranteed bling mining modules as loot you can sell back to the miners. Mass bumping will also drive the multiboxers insane with rage. Plus the ICE itself is always valuable. ICE has remained remarkably stable in price.

2 Likes

Code and other ganker groups are visiting our ice systems regulary.

And long time multiboxer grow an stoic approach against bumpers or quit. Some become bumpers themself, when they try to claim an high sec system for themself.

1 Like

Yeah, but they are only engaging non-CODE alts, when/if they bother.

2 Likes

I see code members adress permit holders in local a few times and when they didn’t answered after a few seconds, revoke their permits and killed them.

1 Like

Back years ago after Apocrypha Expansion, all Ore sites were Cosmic Signatures that when scanned to 25% signal strength, showed their signature class type which could then be ignored. It didn’t add much clutter at all and it actually created a good side business for Explorers who sold those bookmarked site locations to Mining teams.

I know because I was one of those Explorers. I would get 10% of the sites total ISK worth and while scanning if I happened to find a site that didn’t have very much Ore left, I would notify the various Mining teams and whoever was close would come over and quickly finish off the site so a new site could spawn, hopefully somewhere near our location. The Mining teams I did business with didn’t like mining in the regular Asteroid Belts due to gankers. D-scan provided a small degree of safety for them in the Ore Signatures. Most of the time the Mining teams rarely ever saw another player in those sites.

When CCP changed Ore Cosmic Signatures into Cosmic Anomalies, they killed that side business and most of the Mining teams I dealt with stopped playing the game. CCP changing the static Ice Belts into a random timed spawn event was just plain stupid. Especially since they still spawn in the same systems as before when they were static. All that did was remove the ability to mine them 24/7.

In my opinion Ice Belts should have been turned into random spawning Cosmic Signatures and added to the Ore Cosmic Signature spawn pool. I think the main reason Ore Cosmic Signatures were turned into Ore Cosmic Anomalies and the fact that Ice Belts still spawn in the same system as before was to make it easier for gankers to find Mining ships.

4 Likes