IDEA: Increase the mineral variety in moon ores

I understand the need for removing standard roid ores from moon mining, however, without something to incentivise moon mining, the price of moon ore is going to plummet into the ground which is going to bring about knock-on effects for industry.

My idea is to increase the variety of minerals found in moon ore. So, for example, for sylvite:
Current: Tritanium: 8000; Pyerite: 4000; Mexallon: 400
New: Tritanium: 2500; Pyerite: 1000; Mexallon: 150; Isogen 100; Nocxium 5; Zydrine 2.

And for a high-end moon ore, like Monazite:
Current: Nocxium 50; Zydrine 150; Megacyte 150
New: Tritanium 5000; Isogen 3000; Mexallon 1000; Nocxium 30; Zydrine 110; Megacyte 120.

It’s just an idea, and I would like to see what people think. It’s a direct incentive to keep people mining moon ore and providing folks doing reactions with materials, but also doesn’t contain huge amounts of minerals that would otherwise destabilise the economy. It will make refinery placement critical and ensure that players are going to see enough value in moon ore to continuously mine it.

My idea is:
let’s wait and see how it goes and not panic in advance, okay?

During the next release, a significant change in how minerals are distributed on moons is planned. You should expect the following changes:

• Complete removal of all basic ore types from all moons
  • Adjustments on ore volume extracted per day, per moon
  • Adjustments on moon ore type yields of basic minerals
6 Likes

But we all know that “adjustments” is just code for “nerf”

mostly, yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.