About the changes to ore and moon mining and mineral (re)distribution

as from this dev blog

my only concern is: will you FINALLY make moon ore compressable? ccplease?

2 Likes

Even if they do that I see a massive logistical nightmare because standard ore is basically taken out of the game.

I donā€™t buy the BS about getting data. We play EVE all the time - the data is there. We are still recovering from the last time they tried to ā€œget dataā€. I guess this time they will finish the game for good.

Edit: This post was flagged as off topic. I am clearly at war with CCP.

2 Likes

Jepp ā€¦ next ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Incoming. Vote with the creditcard as we all did to get the ā– ā– ā– ā–  off that Backout-BS.

4 Likes

Can you explain please of this terms:

-Complete removal of all basic ore types from all moons (what does mean BASIC)
-Adjustments on moon ore type yields of basic minerals (what does mean BASIC minerals)

If i understand correct - CCP whant to delete Veldspar etc. from moons and rebalance moon ores by their mineral structure? Or this is wrong? Explain please.

2 Likes

Best news for miners ever. They will swim in ISK, because mineral prices will skyrocket.

6 Likes

By ā€˜Basic oresā€™ it means the 15% yield versions are going away, which is probably good overall

This is kind of a duplicate thread to the other one regarding this stuff but this is just a fkn joke rly.

Iā€™m not a miner, but does this mean the end to afk Orca fleets mining moon rocks? I donā€™t understand how the moon mining works, but if it negatively effects afk play, itā€™s a thumbs up from me!

1 Like

Try afk-mining outside of HS. Oh, you clearly have never left HS. Next time think before speaking. Thanks.

4 Likes

This change affects high sec as well, and we are tired of the AFK and/or bot Orca fleetsā€¦

4 Likes

I was mainly referring to how high sec only will adapt for these changes. I am quite sure null sec will find a way to survive.

Not only have I never left high sec, Iā€™ve never left the newbie station where I was born.

Yeah but it doesnā€™t though. You see, HS is where you AFK mine. So once again you fail to understand the issue here. HS will still be full of AFK fleets, just in the rest of the areas now instead of the ā€œdense concentrationā€ areas. Therefore, it changes nothing in HS EXCEPT for now all you farmers will have a LOT more work to do cos of the ā€œAFK Orca fleetsā€ youā€™re so sick of will now be in the belts with you. Which I guess you kind of deserve.
However, those of us who already took 2 massive hits on our NON-AFK mining are about to get the shaft again.

4 Likes

There wonā€™t be a single AFK Orca in any belt Iā€™m in. A Machariel or two will make damn sure of thatā€¦

1 Like

Tough talk from a HS farmer. Now go off and get your Mac Concorded. Then pls link the killmails ty.

3 Likes

You donā€™t get Concorded for bumping AFK Orcas out of beltsā€¦

1 Like

You donā€™t bump them out when they are continually ā€œapproachingā€ the roids. Lul. L2P whiny farmer.

Personally, if it were my decision, I would remove the ability for Rorquals to be mining ships and put them back to a fleet boosting ship only. Then there would be no need to adjust any of the ore/mineral ratios. Mine your ore with barges like the way it used to be in the old days. Problem solved.

11 Likes

Orcas donā€™t mine that muchā€¦ checked it myself recently - they mine at about 3rd of skiff. By comparison 2 orcas and 8 skiffs can dispatch moon belt in 2h.

1 Like

? Last I checked orca does no more than 200m/sā€¦ a good bump makes it fly 2km/s. Will take a while to approach that roid.

1 Like

Nothing can stop you from flying out the belt at a high rate of speed when you get hit by a Mach, then followed up by a Vagabond moving at 13 km/s. Long story short, donā€™t AFK in the belt that Iā€™m inā€¦

2 Likes