[IDEA] Name Change Certificate

Damn, i think i just dropped the dumpster fire.

(bump)

We don’t need anything complicated, you buy it with plex, it changes your name.

The existing game mechanic allows you to change your character name and CCP to profit from it.
I see no need for CCP to undercut them self on that.

If you wish for new name / face / gender, create new character or new account and 3x new characters.
You want skills, use the skill injectors.
You hate your old character, well biomass it.

Back in reality, name change using skill injectors is not realistic.

What if one wants to change his name, but keep his history, his appearance, reputation, assets ?
You would reply “assets can be moved”, well yeah ok.

Let’s trim the question a bit more :

What if one wants to change his name but keep his history and reputation bad or good ?

1 Like

If you change your name, you lose your reputation - because your name is the method by which players identify you. If you are referring to standings, medals, or some other specific object, please cite it with the correct terminology for clarity.

And then you woke up and it was 2020 where you can no longer be sure who is behind the name because of the Character Bazaar/

That excuse was dead years ago, in fact with name change you would still see them and their history, when the char is sold, it is a completely different person and you have no way of knowing.

For player ID, what we have now is the worst case senario.

3 Likes

The reputation is sold with the character - this is acknowledged in the rules post of the character bazaar, in fact. You can still tell if they were sold (lovely little character transfer note and all).

No, you can tell they were transfered.

That can be either to their own accounts or sold and it doesn’t say which.

The fact is you don’t know.

Name no longer identifies the player.

Character name has never identified the player - it identifies the character. Only CCP can identify players via account username, which isn’t exposed to other players (barring external tools like voluntary API checks). That’s why the reputation is associated with the character name, not the player name.

1 Like

/facepalm

R E A L L Y?

So it doesn’t matter if the toon that killed you six times is now played by a different person?

DUH!

The whole point of the argument to keep names is to know who it was.

1 Like

Hmmmm, well, … nope ?
My ‘reputation’ stays the same for the people who knows me, whatever my name could be.
I’m still the same real human being behind the screen…
Changing a name is very far from reseting a said ‘reputation’, if it ever exist for one’s particular toon.

Can we get finally this name changes? CCP could just implement a Alias feature and allow us to set Displayname/Alias

Introduce Name change for plex and implement name history? idk Im sure there is smart way to do this so we can actualy give money to CCP I’m not payin 500 + bucks to extract all my sp.

They give us one time deals to inject extra SP, breaking SP injection taboo for quite some time already.

Give one time name change/alias.

1 Like

I’d be totally OK with a 1 lifetime use per character. :slight_smile:

What is with the irrational need to limit CCPs income for something that does absolutely nothing that is not already going on every single day in the Char Bazaar?

So for the love of god, are will still not able to rename our chars? I would like to rename mine not because im being sneaky but because i hate my last name, its “anthonille” and it is frustrating. Why cant they just list the name change on my info sheet so that people can see what it used to be? At least let me hide it so i cannot see the damn thing. Maybe if enough of us stop playing until we can change our names, it might happen.

We should ban character sales now as well.
With injectors this is no longer required.

It only costs like $10k to do…

1 Like

Why should it be convenient to get a high SP does everything character.
Those big characters aren’t getting sold to new players anyway in nearly all cases, so they can just use isk like they do on the bazaar anyway.
And injectors are efficient enough to jumpstart newer players into some useful things.

Why did you name your character with that last name then???

Because it takes time, extra clicks and more calls back to the database to check ‘if and what’ your previous names were.

Good luck with that. Maybe you could start a movement… just stop playing and come back to the forums once a month to check up to see if CCP are frantically changing a core aspect of the game to please you :slight_smile:

1 Like