Idiotic Looting - Players suggest another Account just for that ? Why cant an MTU loot and salvage?

Dear ISD Buldath,

I have three paid accounts, one of which is a full all 5 T2 Paladin the other could be a full T2/Faction Golem in less than a month. Right now its a all 4 Rattlesnake. Third is a all 5 Noctis Pilot.

All 5 T2 Paladin has a range of 46km tractor - All 5 Noctis has a range of 92km and can fit 5 tractor beams and three salvagers.

I would prefer the third one to be something else but Noctis is a must have to do Level 4 Missions efficiently. For those who say - blitz missions - first of all I like to collect everything, second those missions I do - Silence the Informant, Enemies Abound and Gone Berserk which have the best payout - 30 to 65m per mission and are done in 5 to 10 minutes need to be looted and salvaged. The Blitzmissions like Recon I blitz anyway, the rest I decline. I would with a heart of steel leave salvage and stick to MTU but again - thanks to MTU Hunters/Gankers in High Sec - good bye to that.

There are also very stupid/stone age mechanics besides the looting/salvaging - like the obligation to fly to every agent to pick up the mission and then deliver it. Even in Fantasy MMO Guild Wars 2 after you complete the raid/dungeon the payout is instant. In EVE we have Sci-Fi - why missions cant be picked and delivered by remote via Intel ? ( Cargo Missions excerpt ).

Until you make the game more comfort and realistic to play I suspend my subs.

Personal choice is not a reason to increase automation in this game. Again, this game is not intended to be comfortable, and itā€™s certainly never going to be realistic. In case you havenā€™t noticed, the planets donā€™t even move.

This isnā€™t ā€˜every other MMOā€™, itā€™s EVE Online. Itā€™s different, and thatā€™s what makes it unique, and the benchmark for games of this type. If itā€™s not for you, itā€™s not for you, but donā€™t pretend it has to emulate the things that other games do. EVE is not a follower, itā€™s a leader. Other games should do what EVE does.

Have you tried salvage drones?
Start shooting stuff, drop MTU and bookmark it in case you have to warp out, launch salvage drones and tell them to salvage on Auto. 5 salvage drones can salvage faster than the MTU can pull in wrecks.
This is the closest thing to auto salvage.

If you are using a battleship to do missions like I do on my Raven then you have plenty of room to fit a tractor beam and plenty of room to fit 5 salvage drones in the bay. The answer is salvage as you go. You even have a bigger battleship cargo hold now to hold more stuff.

People say you ā€œneedā€ more than 1 account, I still havenā€™t found out why in Hisec.

As a person who kills MTUs I must tell you, if you must use an MTU donā€™t use anything but a regular one, you are just inviting trouble.

Heā€™s an ISD and not CCP.

And rage-quitting the game because of salvaging ā€¦ Iā€™ve honestly never seen anyone do that. Itā€™s a first and you should be given a price for it. Some kind of colorful paper hat perhaps. Iā€™m not really sure what would fit this occasion as itā€™s pretty much unexplored territory. Some people go full retard, but you went a whole lot further. :smirk:

2 Likes

Incursions, as far as i am aware, are paid instantly. Those are more comparable to raids.

But arent most of the quests in games like guild wars and WOW things you have to turn in and therefore report back to the original questgiver?

And . . . and . . . why canā€™t it also do the job of a Paladin or Raven Navy Issue? CCPlease!!!

1 Like

There is a Marauder, drink, fight, and hump, at the same time, I use a bhaalgorn as a poor space Captainā€™s Marauder and it works well, since I am not PVPā€™ing I donā€™t need the open slots for cap draining and 2 tractors and 2 salvagers make quick work.

Hate to see you go!

EVE is not other games, it is impossible to compare. As it seems you have made your decision, I will go ahead and close this.

Fly safe! o/

4 Likes