Ignore Feature for Forums

(Solecist Project) #41

You apparently fail to understand how absolutely bad reddits’ system is and I can’t see how that’s possible, because I’ve never seen you being such a numpty, equal to the 99.9% of the morons there, including those outside of /r/eve.

(Old Pervert) #42

I mean… I’m generally about reciprocation. If someone’s gonna loose their marbles over something, it’s my natural reaction to poke for my own amusement.

No system is ever perfect. Consider the one with no downvotes… we end up with a bunch of mindless drivel - my previous response being literally the perfect example of this. Downvoting something because you don’t like it is unfortunate. Downvoting something because it’s irrelevant, however, makes perfect sense.

(Solecist Project) #43

No, I don’t, because it’s just as bad. We can not and should not ever trust the tyranny of the stupid masses. As long as you keep pretending that the masses aren’t borderline retarded, you will keep believing that any of the current systems are fine and acceptable.

I’d totally agree with you if people wouldn’t grow more and more stupid, mindless and instinct driven every generation. The masses are definitely not capable of deciding what is, and isn’t, irrelevant. Reddit doesn’t promote intelligent discourse, it promotes echo chambering and stupidity.

The negatives don’t outweigh the positives, because the negatives mean censorship and group-think. It’s like saying democracy is fine even though people are too ■■■■■■■ stupid to make smart decisions. It’s not. It’s a disaster.

(Old Pervert) #44

We just had an election. No matter who won, I knew it was going to be a shitshow lol. Just like every year :frowning: