Ignore Feature for Forums

You apparently fail to understand how absolutely bad reddits’ system is and I can’t see how that’s possible, because I’ve never seen you being such a numpty, equal to the 99.9% of the morons there, including those outside of /r/eve.

I mean… I’m generally about reciprocation. If someone’s gonna loose their marbles over something, it’s my natural reaction to poke for my own amusement.

No system is ever perfect. Consider the one with no downvotes… we end up with a bunch of mindless drivel - my previous response being literally the perfect example of this. Downvoting something because you don’t like it is unfortunate. Downvoting something because it’s irrelevant, however, makes perfect sense.

No, I don’t, because it’s just as bad. We can not and should not ever trust the tyranny of the stupid masses. As long as you keep pretending that the masses aren’t borderline retarded, you will keep believing that any of the current systems are fine and acceptable.

I’d totally agree with you if people wouldn’t grow more and more stupid, mindless and instinct driven every generation. The masses are definitely not capable of deciding what is, and isn’t, irrelevant. Reddit doesn’t promote intelligent discourse, it promotes echo chambering and stupidity.

The negatives don’t outweigh the positives, because the negatives mean censorship and group-think. It’s like saying democracy is fine even though people are too ■■■■■■■ stupid to make smart decisions. It’s not. It’s a disaster.

We just had an election. No matter who won, I knew it was going to be a shitshow lol. Just like every year :frowning:

I was under the impression (also through the responses in this thread) that this forum had no ignore feature. I was mistaken.

Go to Profile → Preferences → Users, and add any inveterate trolls to the list.
You can ignore them for a short while and give them the benefit of the doubt that they might improve in that time, or ignore them up to the next four months.

Did you actually try it, I tried to ignore @Nuuri_Naarian and the screen is broken, it gives a timeframe error no matter what you choose.

Also the maximum is like 4 months, and I really don’t think he will reform himself that fast :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi,

I think this is a very good idea. But I’m kind of in 2 minds about it.

1. If I am allowed to block anyone doesn’t that effect the point of having a discussion forum? Why not just report the person?

2. If you constantly see the same person trying to incite an argument or be disruptive and nothing is done about it, does it effect the overall mood and tone of the forum and users’ ability to take part in a cohesive way?

To be honest I don’t know. I leave this one to the Devs/moderators to work out.

It’s interesting though.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

No.
Reported.

■■■■ off.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.