I'm getting better

Only lost a few billion and two ships within an hour…:grinning:

One thing I haven’t figured out is this “instant-lock” thing. How the hell does that work? Mods? Skills? Group effort?

Anyhoo, with every loss I adjust and try again. That “one second” after jumping into lowsec is the Achilles heel. BTW, why the f–k am I getting a security hit for using burst ECM in lowsec when I’m getting attacked?

On a side note, one ganker offered to sell me back my lost couriers. That was sweet of him. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

If your burst hits a neutral target, i.e. the Gate, then you take a security hit and the Gate guns will start to target you. You can check your km to see what, if any, effect the Gate guns had on your demise.

1 Like

Even in low sec, huh?

Sensor Boosters.

1 Like

Ah, so that’s it? Anyway to counter their sensor boost?

Have a ship with less than 2s align time, but even then it’s not guaranteed.

1 Like

If you plan to use a Dramiel to transport stuff in empire use something like this,
it’s under 2s and can take a couple of smartbomb volleys:

[Dramiel, Rancer]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Pithum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

1 Like

Look up the cloak+mwd trick on youtube.

Don’t max out your capabilities. The faster you’re minimizing the potential for loss, the sooner everything will become convinient. You’ll be boring yourself out of the game that way.

2 Likes

Interesting thing is that Ive gotten really good at the cloak+mwd trick and managed to slip away from several gate camped mobs. I was wondering how they were able to lock on me in the split second I went from align to cloak.

Then I remembered that I recently switched to an Occator from my usual Impel for the extra mid level slot. I didn’t however train up Magnetometric Sensor Compensation (particular to Gallente ships) which probably left me open to their sensors. I think that is what happened.

This has nothing to do with being caught, you just were too slow with hitting cloak, or you have a terrible internet connection.

This KB hurts …

1 Like

Yeah, Ive often wondered how much internet connection plays into this. I have decent speed, but that doesn’t take into account a random drop every second or so. I remember though that my cloak graphic had started then stopped suddenly, so I assumed I was locked on to.

Exactly when the cloak starts and the cloak graphic starts my be different when you are counting split seconds.

You are under the effect of your cloak the split second your activation hits the server; the computer graphics animation may be up to 1 or 2 seconds lagged behind, but that has no effect on being under all benefits of cloaking.

1 Like

This guide has helped me understand the instalock mechanics. It’s pretty detailed.

3 Likes

Awesome!! Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.