I'm still alive

Noobs I finished Dune 2000 RTS (lol not sure the term applies) in my Pentium (not sure, maybe in my 486), ofc as a Harkonnen.

I dunno if I was bad or anything, but I remember it was hard.

Send me ISK 'cuz I’m cool.

Edit: if you send me 1 ISK, I gonna track you down and kill you. (in game ofc)

What are going to do if I send you 1million isk? Will it be sensual? Will your lasers warm my EM hardeners?

Wow you only got into it then?

Dune 2 on the Amiga was where it was at.

And anyone who disagrees can eat Deviator

Populous on the Amiga was better.

1 Like

Well fairly different games.

I heard Populous I & II were good, but I just could never see what was happening very well

Yes awesome games, Fire Ant on the C-16+4 was a cool game. I had a 1 megabit upgrade and a bubble jet printer for my amiga 500+. Crazy gaming days. Damn I feel old lmao.

1 Like

My first ever games console was tada. We knackered the telly tube, we played it that much.

2 Likes

Populous was great, and then EA killed Bullfrog.

Also

7 Likes

Molyneux’ DaVinci syndrome killed Bullfrog more like

i have one
and mine have 6 switches
moarrr rare :smiley:

edit:
btw i also have a 7800 a jaguar aaaaaand a NES top loader
oh boy i love retro game console flexing

This was peak computing:

You could play Hunt the Wumpus:

and Munchman:

1 Like

You shut yer pie hole dammit, Feyd was taken back in like 2007 or whenever it was when I joined up. I first read Dune when I was about 10, then grew-up with it as the first RTS and the SEGA version: “Dune the Battle for Arrakis.”

And, I know the Atreides house colors were black and green without having to look it up :stuck_out_tongue:

And the Harkonnens were Blue…

Weird the games changed those…

And the first book fell apart half way through (end of Book 1 technically). Ahh well…the idea was good, just no plot after Feyd’s birthday.

I think they betray their intentions with the new Dune Movie and Jason Mimosa as Duncan Idaho. Jason being the only real big named actor (if you can call him that) in the movie.

Because as we all know, Duncan is the fooking Kwitzatz Haderach.

Sad boy, didn’t you ever hear of Dune (1992)? The OG Dune game.

Now on the subject of Dune games, I wish someone would make an Suvival-MMO out of it where you are stranded on Arrakis as a “Lost House” (look it up in the appendix during the war of the asssins).

And you can choose what faction you want to land with on Arrakis, the Imperials (who runs Arrakis isn’t important but it would probably be Harkonnens depending on the timeline), the Smugglers, or the Deep Desert where you have to struggle to be-friended by Fremen.

As the character you build-up your prescience and other empath abilities, practice your fighting skills, and rebuild your defeated House.

You have to survive the elements, and navigate on a world without GPS/satellites, etc, and can learn to ride Worms, blah blah.

I called the idea “Dune: Lost Houses”.

are you doing science ?
are you felling fantastic?

I’m feeling bloated from too many Sopas

My character name is a mix of Dune and David Bowie. I had no idea what eve was when i downloaded the game last year. I thought characters would be like the ones in star wars movies but then all i saw is hot women.

I duuno, a 2600 without a power switch ( his picture) sounds pretty rare to me

This is true . I am Feyd and I have come to for fill my destiny

1 Like

To get stabbed in the dingus by the scifi equivalent of Harry Potter?

1 Like