Impending Warpath event

I gonna help your argument here, because you going to be trolled into oblivion. You don’t see to have much experience about NullSec.

Null sec is not that scary, the worst problem with null sec are your corp mates that screw you constantly so they can have more for themselves or simply to get their ZKB with easy intel.

Null Sec is actually the best place to play if you have time and a good skilled char, the problem is trusting others.

HSers always paint NS like HELL, OMG. I jumped NS some weeks ago 60 jumps and only one noob tried to smartbomb me. I had to ask TEST to kill my ship.

The only problem with null sec is cloaky campers that watch TV. Just pay them.

PS: I’m not sure how much it changed, but back in the day it was all about afk ratting. Easiest way to PLEX.

Calling NS pvpers is a joke, they dock on the first neut on system. NS PvP is fleet pvp.

1 Like

Ships can move. Hangars full of accumulated goods, minerals, ships, etc, less easy to shift. PI carefully selected and developed? Less easy and extremely tedious. R&D agents carefully cultivated? Less easy to shift around. That was the fundamental issue with the Trig nonsense; it is one thing to rig things so that a player has to shift once, but when you end up having to shift two or three times, you push player retention to the edge.

I have zero interest in NS. I am a very happy solo player, with no interest in corporation mates. “Oh, you are playing EVE wrong!!!” No I am not, I am playing the game as I want, and get out of it what I want, and CCP get my subscriptions for two Omega accounts. The only time I have considered walking away was the Trig nonsense (which did not even make sense, with human players wanting to join a bunch of psycho aliens). I am very happy in HS, with occasional forays into LS and WH. Sod NS :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I understand and I think similarly.

But if you left these hooks, they will diverge your ideas into it.

Try to keep it tight.

Disruption is interesting. It forces us to adapt and evolve.

Perhaps some want low-risk, though I’d argue that objectively speaking, highsec may actually be riskier than other areas of space. But not wanting PVP does not necessarily mean that they don’t want danger or challenge.

I don’t actually. I live in highsec, and predominantly operate there and in lowsec, with occasional stealthy forays into null and WH.

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed the Trig Invasion, even though I didn’t fight for either side. I liked the challenge that it added to everyday life. I was hopeful the Drifter Crisis would offer the same, but it was quite disappointing. I have considerable hope for what’s coming next to highsec.

If CCP is going to do what I think they may, highsec will be divided into four distinct Empires, with lowsec DMZs between. For the most part, those industry, trade, and exploration players you spoke of will be able to continue doing what they want. They just won’t be able to easily traverse from say, Gallente space to Amarr space. Trade may become more intra-Empire than inter-Empire, and I think that might actually be a good thing.

Just days ago Exordium was introduced, doing away with other stuff everyone has considered a foundation of EVE mechanics for over 20 years.

Just saying…nothing seems to be sacred anymore…

Hmmm, be interesting producing rigs, say, as almost all of them need salvaged components from two or more sets of empire space. Of course, CCP developers who are no longer expected to play the game will struggle to understand that. Just one immediate little thought!

My point above, we deduced this by ourselves, there’s no stone saying they are sacred.

Our mistake it seems, unless somebody can produce “the sacred stone”.

Which will lead nowhere, you can’t ask for refund or anything. lol.

PS> If one does not figured what exordium is by now, I’m so not going to explain. I think of no better thread to get a picture.

And this will open up a new market and career path for smugglers who brave the DMZs, moving goods between Empires at war.

Moon goo is even more spread out…yet it’s traded just fine. The heaviest things to move are trit and pyerite, which as available everywhere.

Im in the same boat. I love being my own boss and not having to constantly worry about where i need to be at the toss of a hat.

Splitting the areas up with LS in between would be interesting and make this game much more challenging for me…and i say that in a good way.

Im already set up for travel through lawless areas with ease. Taking items to hubs where ever they may be would make this game much more exciting for me.

I welcome the idea.

Yeah, but that idiocy is because they think EVE having PvP is what makes it unable to attract new players. Killing Jita doesn’t get them new players, but it will lose them a big chunk of the old ones.

Oh for heavens’ sake, it will simply mean massive industrial scarcity. If that is what you want, good luck.

2 Likes

Good disruption is. Trigshits, for instance, were not good in any way. It was a massive, unrewarding grind, stacked against the defenders in key areas, plagued with bugs to stack the cards even heavier against certain parts of space. Grinding the same, repetitive anom for 9 hours a day just to prevent your preferred systems from getting yeeted is not good disruption.

2 Likes

Maybe the event is just a big “heads up” everyone, giving enough time ahead to sort your things. Let’s see if the “tensions rise” and one or another gate closes…could be considered as a warning to in fact evacuate your stuff while you can.

It could be the big decentralizing move that was speculated on for years…due to server load in Jita and such things…

Why? Markets work on supply and demand. As long as there is demand, there will be some entrepreneur willing to take risk for profit. When a thing becomes more rare, it becomes more valuable.

Speaking of the DMZ. What are ZLegion, Clipped Wings, Conference, Safety. going to do when Uedama becomes a worthless backwater? :joy:

1 Like

And if it’s rare, it’s expensive and thus not worth buying for things like production on that island.

1 Like

I’m not going to argue the TI was designed or implemented well. But (if memory serves) it was also the first major event of its kind. I would hope that CCP learned some valuable lessons from the exercise.

Well, our biggest narcissist in these fora might get a bit salty. “Dry your eyes, princess,” as RSMs used to say…

1 Like

I don’t understand why you keep diverging to Safety all the time.

Maybe some historical fact may help you understand Safety exists because CCP.

I was on my alpha clone, already deleted, ratting on NS with my Cyclone (RIP damn solid ship) and 3 frigs jumped on me, everybody know the quality of PH standing fleet (RIP won’t be missed), the three dudes gave up after not being able to break my tank.

After the patch, some days later, the patch that showed me CCP is blatantly censored, the patch that nerfed resistances and buffed turrets (like buff and nerfing on the same patch is a classic no no) the same dudes jumped at me. GUESS THE RESULT.

I really gets me how naive you are, these people are just playing the game with the tools CCP gave them, your ships defenses are being nerfed for years. Ask any veteran.

Stop diverging from the point, you only feeding the trolls. Safety is totally irrelevant, it will be gone the day CCP decides to get rid of it. Get real.

PS: Since you are so naive, let me help you. It’s just a dude, recruiting other dudes to help GSF agenda in HS. Jez. The other day some idiot from some GSF allied corp was spilling the beans on the channel. Learn about the fking game you play ffs.