Impending Warpath event

CCP can just do things on their own, like they’ve done in countless other events. Taking Intaki and the surrounding systems away from the Caldari comes to mind right away. The fact that you can’t imagine that there would be players that wanted Niarja to fall is more indicative of your (and others like you) closed mindedness and is just brushing aside the work that players put in to get that outcome. There are plenty of people in this thread alone who want to disrupt that trade even more and separate out all the Empire’s high sec systems.

4 Likes

I for one am ecstatic about the news!

What you’re doing is the New Eden equivalent of Stolen Valor. The only systems turned were those ignored, in which case the NPCs alone could win the system. You guys only participated for points in low sec for the most part. The Trigs all but lost Niarja. It was damn near a done deal before Goons showed up in force when most defenders were asleep (not that it would have mattered). Trying to take credit for other people’s work. Tsk tsk. Shame on you.

CCP are notorious cowards when it comes to public interaction with their customers. They don’t have the balls to do what you say. They marketed it as players deciding and they stuck to their lie. You are gullible if you think they’d just come out and say, “We rigged it guys. We’ve arbitrarily decided to screw over traders who do business between Jita and Amarr. Stop participating because the outcome is already decided.” They also made Caldari NPCs inept on purpose to make Caldari space difficult to defend. They are like a teacher blaming a student’s behavior for extra homework. Only a child’s mind would not realize the teacher has all the power.

Test didn’t get involved in anything. No big push was made to interfere from Test. That’s just a made up excuse. There was no resistance from Test whatsoever. No mobilization to defend Niarja. It didn’t need them anyway. The kitchen sink highsec fleet was already winning. And Niarja wasn’t the only contested system Test members had been in. But yet a full mobilization was called for Niarja and Niarja only just as it was nearing EDENCOM victory. Then they took off back to null the next day. Never put any effort into anything else in the entire conflict before or afterwards.

No players wanted Niarja to fall other than gankers maybe, but they lack the numbers to do anything in that event.

How dare CCP make boring repetitive slop requiring nigh 24-hour operations. It’s like being forced to do Refuge sites over and over and over all day long. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, found that enjoyable. That would be contrary to the very nature of the human psyche. It’s not psychologically possible to find it enjoyable. So speak for the entire human species on this.

That’s why barely anyone did it in the grand scheme of things despite what was at stake. Which only made it more grueling. I think they thought more people who get involved and tailoring progress with that assumption in mind. So those who did it should be commended. But for CCP to allow them to waste their time knowing full well they were going to send an entire alliance into one system to turn it overnight is despicable.

6 Likes

How is that in any way comparable? Please elaborate?

Sure a tiny minority who lost every head-to-head confrontation because they lacked the numbers to make a difference. An alliance’s massive mobilization alone won Niarja for the Trigs. You did nothing but ride their coattails. Eve’s version of Stolen Valor!

People on this forum aren’t enough to swing the needle. The edgelords, the usual faces, even less.

2 Likes

Just call everyone else liars, sure that will go over well. CCP doesn’t need to convince players to play in a way to provide an outcome they want…they make the bloody game after all. We players act against expectations all the time, Trig even took a sizable lead in the race for the drifter hives, and the Gallente were not even in 6th place.

1 Like

You fought no one. Anna Dyneaux | Character | zKillboard

2 Likes

you’re delusional. If you dislike CCP as much as you’re showing here, why the hell are you even playing eve?

Players do things that you might not like. You’re trying to erase the efforts of thousands of players with your half-baked conspiracy theories.

1 Like

The gankers fought on the EDENCOMmie side for the short while they were present at all. Which was sensible from their perspective, Niarja was a useful site to organise traffic stops, and they had a lot of infrastructure present in the form of citadels and ships.

The game also says I’ve been playing for just half a year, when it’s actually been a fifth of a century. Why is that, do you think? I’m sure you can figure it out if you try.

Gotta say it’s not often that I agree with you but I totally agree with you 100% on this…

Those of us who have been here for well over a Decade know that CCP is the biggest scammer in Eve… In the past CCP has promised various things and then went ahead and did the complete opposite of what they promised… After being called out on their blatant lies numerous times, they eventually stopped posting here in the forums and basically vacated it to safer Social Media platforms..

What’s truly funny is that a large percentage of the current player base believes everything CCP states is the Gospel Truth… Within my 18 years of playing, I’ve watched CCP turn this game from an open sandbox into a scripted theme park… I’ve now come to the point of not believing most of their reasons why or the stats they claim, especially since there’s no neutral 3rd party services available to verify the validity of those claims…

They’ve basically gutted and streamlined everything into a generic semblance of it’s former self..

7 Likes

A wilfully obtuse question. Being a solo player does not mean no interaction with other players. It means playing on one’s own, without reliance on others. I mine stuff, I salvage stuff, I build stuff. Yes, I sell stuff to other players, and scoot round “elite PVPers” hanging around Sivala or Uedama or wherever, just as once I scooted round them in Niarja. Very occasionally I get blown up. I am still a solo player, and happy enough to continue playing, and paying to play.

1 Like

“Go over well”? With who? You? You think anyone cares what goes over well with the likes of you?

Trigs today are a popular faction. Back then that was not the case. You guys were a pitiful minority without the numbers to do anything. Not until AFTER Pochven was established, and people started profiting there, did people start “joining” their cause in decent numbers.

I have been constantly acknowledging the efforts of thousands of Goons. I’m denouncing YOUR Stolen Valor because YOU didn’t have anything to do with Niarja’s fall.

And it is you who is delusional if you think the little 5-man Trig aligned gang who pestered fleets in lowsec took, went into hisec Niarja and turned it all by themselves over night. If you actually participated, which I doubt based on your obvious lack of knowledge regarding those times, you’d know how grueling and time consuming it was to claim every little fraction of a percentage per system. And that’s with a 50-something man fleet doing sites non-stop hour after hour. Some Trig allied small gang is not moving that needle in the span of 6 hours. Another force similar in size to the hisec defenders could not do such a feat in that small amount of time. That required a buttload of people which the Goons provided. Maybe even some progression adjustments by CCP themselves.

So, your argument is that literally no one wanted it. Okay. Suit yourself.

I very much wanted it, as, presumably, did the others in my fleet.

I also wanted Niarja to fall. Could not have cared less about the entire rest of the trianglebois plotline, but I knew future-me would enjoy Niarja-salt for years to come.

2 Likes

Stolen Valor?

Did I claim to be part of the niarja fight? Show me where. I didn’t care about niarja then and I don’t now. Does that mean I’m not allowed to know what happened? Are you being serious?

You want to rewrite history and anyone that knows what happened is pretending to have participated? Get over yourself. This topic has been argued over at least a hundred times. You being salty and hating ccp and goonswarm has no bearing on anything at all.

It is Fact, as I was in goonswarm on another character at the time, the green light was given after test started acting. It was not mandated, it was simply allowed. The choice to go do things was up to individuals. A lot of people made that choice and you see what the results are.

It is perfectly normal for null to stay out of highsec garbage until some other null group decides they want to influence highsec in any meaningful way. Once another group does, it’s green light for all of null. This is how the balance of power is kept.

You don’t have to like it, hell, you clearly don’t. But nobody cares whether you like it or not.

Who is this secret char that plays four 20 years? None of those for sure https://evewho.com/corporation/98817643

That’s right.

You really think it was just a 5 man gang? Kybernauts started out with 100 members, they had a few streamers streaming that content. That’s just one corporation out of many that did stuff. The amount of delusion you are displaying is astounding. Kybernauts Clade - Long Term Statistic - DOTLAN :: EveMaps

Its just the same old reward track grind, nothing is going to happen to jita :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it is not obtuse…
if you are using the market…then you are reliant on other players to acquire isk or goods from the market…

because there are no sensible NPC vendors in EvE like other MMo’s…you are not a solo player…no such thing in EvE. to deny this fact is to deny any intelligence you think you have.

2 Likes

oh no, how dare ccp make eve interesting rather then letting players optimazing isk/hour ratio until the game become unfun