Implant extractor?

No, it makes the LP store an isk sink.
Many implants don’t need isk to be created, thus you cannot affirm that “implants [creation] are an isk sink”.

Or else you are affirming that “human beings have a good uterus”. Just because a part of them have one, does not mean you can generalize to all of them.

Let implants continue to be destroyed. Rigs continue to be destroyed. And charge an install/remove fee for ship modules dependent on ship class. Now that’s an ISK sink!

Ok, I can accept that. let’s agree on this. LP stores are ISKs sinks and implants can be had from LP stores, which makes the purchase of implants from LP stores an action, which removes ISKs from the game permanently.

Is this something you can agree on?

I’m asking, because I’d like to shorten this in a simpler sentence, where I and others can only say “Implants are a good ISKs sink”. We don’t always want to bloat discussion with pointless rant.

1 Like

As I told you already, many implants don’t need to be purchased from LP store, and actually the offers from LP store are not worth it, meaning the +1-+4 are mostly not an isk sink.
Add to this to the other implants that drop (ascendancy, crystal I think, and some other too).

No. I’ve said it in this thread before you did. So you’re not telling me, but you’re only patronizing me, and because you didn’t read the thread. I can only suggest to you to read before you post, because it leads to nicer discussions and not the nonsense you’re producing.

And yes, human beings have a good uterus. Compared to all other life forms, I guess there are some beings which have bad ones.

In this sense is it absolutely correct to say “Implants make a good ISKs sink”. You might want to learn English before you post, too.

If i’m not mistaken you don’t get any insurance from implants.

This makes implants as a whole group ISK sink because part of this group was bought in LP store for LP and ISK.

1 Like

No you did not say that. You aid the opposite. Which allows me to tell you you are wrong.

In comment number 14 I write:

You then have not made a comment before this one.

Implants absolutetely are an ISK sink.

For this sentence to be true it is not necessary that each and every single Implant is an ISK sink. It’s enough if the group as a whole provides a somewhat significant ISK sink and not just in theory. LP stores are ISK sinks, many Implants come from those and are actually bought there, so absolutetely yes: Implants are an ISK Sink.

And that’s what your discussion is about, was is not? You are not talking about individual modules that may or may not lay in some container of mine, but about the entire group.

I mean “cars that use gasoline produce toxic byproducts” is also not true for each and any of those cars. The ones that are never driven don’t produce toxic stuff. Still it is significant enough to be true.

Let’s not agree on your agreement, because otherwise we always have to talk in such complicated formulas where we need to exclude every special case. Generalizations are okay, if they are objectively true in a significant amount of cases (2/3 or more maybe?) and if that truth is actually true and not a construct of lies.

With Implants it’s simple: they are an ISK Sink.

If you can’t say “Implants are an ISK sink” you can also not say “Beer is a drink”, because not every beer is consumed orally.

4 Likes

there’s nowhere near enough players running missions to supply everyone with a big enough supply of learning implants from storyline rewards. In the case of pirate implants they don’t drop commonly enough from rats to supply, you can look at the prices and trade volumes on the unpopular implants that should be about the NPC drop rate, and then the popular pirate implants are about double the volume. Then there are the skill hard wiring implants, most of these don’t drop and aren’t storyline rewards.

Many implants on the market are bought from LP stores, between FW and lv5 mission runners there are people with enough bulk LP that they are willing to sell their LP at the rates implants usually trade for. And almost all the 2,4, and 6 percent hardwires are from the concord LP store. There are a few implants that do only drop, or only come from storyline rewards, and of course a few that only show up because CCP gifts them to us.

I feel very confident saying that most implants represent sunk isk and it is very clear that there are exceptions.

3 Likes

I did not know that. :flushed:

May I ask for details?

Ignore this. I’ve googled it and it ain’t pretty.

2 Likes

Not sure if i would like to know the answer tho… :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

yea I’m going with that

3 Likes

actually, yes. It’s is totally necessary.

If it’s not driven it doesn’t use gasoline.

Nope they are not. My issue here is that this affirmation does not make any quantification, and goes from “some implant [production] are an isk sink”, which is true, to “implants [production] are an isk sink”, which is false.

I you lose your quantification, you lose the truth of your affirmation.

Do you have any source for this ? It just looks like a random guess to me, and is not very serious in a discussion.

Don’t forget that the market takes into account the volume of items exchanged, ie if I sell an item to a trader who will sell it later, the item is actually produced once but sold twice.
So the market is not a very accurate indication of what is produced.

Well, I would like to get an eye on your sources then.

An average burner requires 6min to do (when I timed, I did actually between 8 and 10 per hour because I also took base serpentis which requires 12min).
a storyline requires 16 burners
let’s consider you have 1/5 chance to get MWP (I think it’s more like 1/3 but it seems like it depends on the agent), that means 80burners to get an implant, ie 8 hours to have an implant +4 .
I almost always accept MWP because it’s the only storyline that is worth isk/h (cost 0, 2 or 4 jumps depending on how far you are, and you may even accept it when a mission goes by it)

Basically one implant is produced once someone farms the burner for 8h (and we’ll forget the cargo delivery and recon which can be done in 3min max)
That’s all the numbers I can have, I have no idea how many implants are produced daily nor how many hours of burners are run every day.
Do you have more data than this ?

No. The word “implants” is the plural of “implant”, and as such describes many implants, but the plural does not specifically stand for all existing implants. It can stand for 2 implants, some implants, many implants and, yes, also all implants.

In the sentence of “implants are an ISKs sink” does the plural refer to those implants, which are an ISKs sink. Because the sentence can only be true when the plural refers specifically to the implants bought at LP stores is its meaning implied and does not require further specification.

1 Like

No, it defines ALL implants, besides the trivial exceptions which would clog the message if they had to be listed.
eg if I say “dogs have three legs” it means all the dogs have three legs, except of course the exception, eg run over by a car, genetic issue which make one have 4, etc.

That’s why saying “birds can fly” eg is false : Emu and ostrich eg don’t.

BTW I forgot.

Nope, human uterus is good.

No. We aren’t saying “implants have three ISKs sinks”. We are saying “implants are an ISKs sink” and the equivalent example would be “dogs have legs”. Some dogs however have no legs.

and it does not change a word about what I said.

I don’t know. I’ve never eaten one.

That’s not the problem here. The problem is that you’re dumb, and we are only telling you what the correct meaning of the setence is.

I understand that you are having difficulties with it. Therefore do I recommend you talk to your English teacher at school about it.

1 Like