In the light of recent news

And the irresponsibility of our government, plunging us into an endless war of attrition on the warzone & performing a violent powergrab that’s now lead to the threat of civil war, while indeed clothing themselves in the rhetoric of tribal concern, endangers the very existence of this nation, and of the free tribes.

I was an appeaser once, Kril Efrit. My oath of loyalty is to the Republic, not to my tribe. Until the militia wars, I spoke for peace and for not provoking the enemy and treading lightly so as not to call down The War. I did believe we should make nice, and build, and get strong. But that was when I believed it was the path to victory.

Realpolitik is indeed a thing. Trust me, I know. But it is a tool, not a goal. We had a chance to use it once, but since then, we have entered a war of attrition against a vastly bigger enemy, and if we keep on this path, we will lose.

Give me hope otherwise, and I will act accordingly. But I am desperate enough that threats will buy you nothing. Our people is in danger anyway. Better they face it than huddle in the dark, soothed by children’s tales about tribal greatness.

Never again another Long Night.

I remain,
Elsebeth Shaninn, of Rhiannon, born Rhiannon
Terror Harlot, pedding guns & rebellion across Holy Amarr
Capsuleer Renegade, clothed in tribal concern

4 Likes

+Lady Rihannon+Lord Vaari (that is this unit)…

Tears himself out of his alliance industrial information links

Ahem!

I, Lord Vaari, jarl of Sosan VII, high father of the Imperial Pharmacy, symbol of unchallenged victory, the world’s most beloved hero, self proclaimed prophet, morninglord, golden mountain, carrier of the Heaven’s light, teacher of pure faith, speaker of unquestioned truth, lion of the universe, vanquisher of all heretics, bane of the witches, the great miner and skilled industrialist, Living Saint of Amarr, Lord Fabricator of the Aegis Militia, Lord ecumenical patriarch of the Aegis Militia and the Shield of Miners. Agree with my Good and close friend Lady Shaninn-Rhiannon the Unbroken.

We should end this endless militia war. It only drains resources. Either we should bring the rebelling provinces back to the Empire, or freeze situation into status quo for now. Lets embago them or something, but end this never ending waste of ships and lives in the fields that do not matter.

We are under attack against xenos and abhumans, who seems to be driven of our extinction. Perhaps our Empire should put more focus on that.

It is the Empire bringing the war to Matar and all of the Republic’s territories that she is setting herself up for, right? In that case, I’m not so sure that the brunt of the burden will be on the capsuleers, or if the other Matari will see it that way. Efrit’s comments makes me think they will not.

This is all certainly very provocative, but I really don’t see anything about Amarr’s actual stance towards the Republic changing. People in the Empire have been calling the Republic rebel provinces since forever. I believe one or two of the commanders were even using that term while talking to the press during that whole wormhole incident. It doesn’t change that we legally recognize the Republic’s sovereignty and are bound by CONCORD treaties.

So, while I do think the term refers to all of the Republic, I think Lord Sakakibara is right about what it means in practice. Short of the empress choosing to leave CONCORD, which I really, really don’t expect her to do, this ruling is only going to affect governorship of the Minmatar EMWPA territories that have fallen to Amarrian control.

2 Likes

I also didn’t think that calling the Republic “rebel territories” was that controversial, that is standard terminology for the Amarr, except on particularly appeasing formal addresses. More controversial part of the announcement was the decentralization of fleet authorities, in my opinion.

3 Likes

I think it is the combination, here - basically letting Ardishapur loose on the Republic, while stressing that they are indeed rebel territories.

Nothing has changed in practice, but the remarkable drop of all lip-service to independent nations and Empire control of major Houses is a change in itself.

It is really raising the risk of civil war. If anything, it might help the Republic. You now have a fractured Amarr that might spend more time fighting itself, or at least the houses might be afraid that they’ll be stabbed in the back by a rival house if they risk trying to invade the Republic.

I rather see the risk running the opposite way: With a new and direct mandate to oversee the ‘Rebel Provinces’, Sarum and Ardishapur might have to deal with political pressure to actually achieve results, lest Khanid see them as weak enough for the Kingdom to do what they just did to Kador, and start taking control of their territories.

‘You’ve been given this task, why are you not carrying it out?’

1 Like

Because as long as the Empire is bound to CONCORD treaties – which makes peace with the Republic Imperial law – the political pressure continues to fall squarely on the empress. You’re more likely to see pressure from Sarum and Ardishapur families towards Catiz to loosen the restrictions, rather than against them.

1 Like

That depends entirely upon how strong Catiz’s grasp on power is, and what her goals—and those of her clearly-favored allies—are.

Weaker, now. Maybe the popularity boost this act will give her will push her up for the time-being, but in the long term this move is a disastrous one for her and the power of the Throne.

I thought the move was shifting the costs of the CEWPMA conflict – in terms of garrisons and occupation forces – from the Imperial Throne, to the Sarum and Ardishapur families.

In such a light, Empress Catiz I might have just bestowed a gift the recipients never asked for, or wanted, but cannot refuse lest they lose face.

1 Like

The Amarr still think they are stronger than us. Sure, come, you boring, gilded, shriveled things. Let the cladistic proving commence. Let the Minmatar beat you back into the mouth of the EVE Gate.

Do you remember, how the Amarrian loon Nauplius (Yes, a loon, and I speak this as someone who literally took a crushing blow to the head and spent the next ten years abusing every substance in the cluster) rambled once that the blood of the Brutor gives strength, blood of the Sebiestor gives Intelligence and the like? Well, surprise. He was right. In a way.

Our strength, the gift of our ancestors, lies in our blood. If they come, the Tribes will prove it. Let the gilded posse have their war. I personally would be happy to die a thousand deaths fighting for Matar, even if the Mother cast me out and rejected a long, long time ago.

Kill Amarr. Burn the Empire. And dance over the cinders, free.

2 Likes

As much as I’d love to agree with you here. It won’t be that easy. The best we could hope for in an all out war with the Amarr is mutually assured destruction with the use of what are considered underhanded tactics on our part.

1 Like

And the best we can achieve by a war of attrition against a vastly larger opponent is our destruction without even the mutual part.

To continue on our current path is to give up. As is, we have already lost, and what we can do then is prepare for evacuation of a few while we delay the inevitable.

I want a Republic that is more than a Thukker buffer zone. Do you?

1 Like

Yeah, but I would like there to be a Republic for my children to grow up in. A full scale war isn’t very conducive for that goal, unless you have a way to win it. In that case I’m game.

1 Like

For all those who wants to “dance free” or just want freedom, I can suggest as usual:

Grab a shuttle, leave all your posessions behind, land on some indigenous planet full of wildlife, drop all your clothes and run naked, living with wild animals like a wild animal…
… for there’s nothing human in the freedom.

And that way you won’t have to burn or murder anyone over dumb ideals.

Neither is the current slow death, unless you are selfish enough to think that their children won’t matter anymore.

1 Like

So you’re saying that our options are a slow death or a quick one?

Personally I’d prefer the option where we don’t die at all. Again, if you have a way to win the fight you’re picking I’m all ears and willing to help. If not, at least a slow death buys us time to figure out a possibility of surviving.

3 Likes

Both options have a tiny chance of success. The problem is that the chances of winning the quick one get worse every day we stay on the slow path - instead of getting better like they used to before YC110.

1 Like