In the skies of Kahah, a message shall be sent

It’s a common misconception. The concepts are related, though. It also depends a little if one is using modern Amarish or old Amarrad, and it’s possible that in some more distant ancestor language the word did mean ‘peace,’ as especially in Amarrad it carries definite connotations of peace along with the more overt meaning of ‘promise’ – one could also take it, potentially, as ‘hope,’ or ‘pledge,’ for example, among other meanings.

(( http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=Pax_Amarria_(lore) – establishes that ‘Pax Amarria’ translates as ‘Promise of the Amarr.’))

Incorrect. Over 16000 were rescued.

2 Likes

Over 16000 were saved from the U’K freighter. I haven’t seen any indications of a significant number being saved from the Fweddit freighters that self-destructed.

1 Like

PIE, SFRIM, and others attempted rescues of the FWEDDIT victims. I believe it was something in the area of 20,000 rescued, which is admittedly a tiny number compared to the dead.

5 Likes

As one of the ‘others’ who was attempting it… good. I didn’t realize any had actually been pulled out before the wrecks were popped. There wasn’t a lot of communication after… more like… stewing.

3 Likes

Pretty much, yeah. I wasn’t one of the people who managed to rescue anybody, and spent the next several hours furiously doing something to feel a little less useless.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.