Inability to Bookmark Objects in Space - 2021/02/09

Unfortunately they seem to ignore these issues when reported by players on Sisi. From what I gather this problem (just like the broken inventory windows of the last big update) had already been brought to their attention by player testers on Singularity but they chose to ignore it and deploy anyway. Personally I do not understand this logic but in my world I’d get fired over something like this so I guess I take it a lot more seriously than they do.

1 Like

Oh - give it a rest.

Eve is the most unnecessarily over-engineered in terms of software game there is - it is so complex testing it fully would bankrupt the owners.

We have already given up any leverage as consumers - accepting that we can break the game with about 3% of registered users playing in the same space - and allowing the company we pay for this “privilige” to claim a Guiness World record is fantastically comical, or pathetic - your choice.

Eve 's draw is the community - as long as mumble and discord work (well, and EVE just well-enough, we will play it, because of the group play and the sense of belonging to a community that no other game does quite as well.

Chances are there will not be great technical improvements - it is notable that the new owners are recruiting tech staff away from the founding tech team’s timezone.

And CCP seem to be married to the (IMHO professional opinion), grossly over-engineered and complex dogma and object / effect interaction data structure design - I would not be surprised if the original software designers had no prior large scale distributed system experience and were enamored with “multiple inheritance” as a design pattern :slight_smile: - I apologize if Ia m offbase as I have done no research or background. What I can tell you for sure is that there is no technical reason for CCPs servers to crash in 2021, as far as modern software engineering know-how is concerned.

It is unfortunately conceivable that EVE will be gone or resold to a “lifestyle holding company” and development frozen within as few as 5 years - as revenue plateaus due to scalability not able to grow in parallel with hardware performance and the expectations set by trivial cloud parallelization, that CCP cannot take advantage of. It feels like revenues have not met expectations, although we were all exposed to the hard marketing of the Japanese localization = not sure how that moved the needle except to support the promise of Asia-market driven growth that they probably had in the pitch deck to the new owners…

For us, the EVE fans, the best outcome would be if CPP figures out how to grow the number of players and revenues by at least 20% a year - and invest in re-engineering the software to scale linearly with hardware to a theoretially unlimited simultaneous players, while minimizing the “rebalancing” and the intorducion of “new features” - the game is already big enough - give the gameplay designers and product managers a year off and empower you softare team to do their job!

Fly Safe

1 Like

Ok, What about redeeming items? I can’t redeem items, in this case boosters, as they require biology to use.

Is this intended? that if you can’t USE the boosters, you also can’t REDEEM them? seems a bit stupid imo, but if it is intended, whatever…

Boosters sometimes are applied directly to the toon, is that the case?

Shouldn’t be. I am attempting to redeem them, not use them.

They are a Standard Soothe Sayer and a Synth Mindflood. Both can be purchased on the market and are not used when acquired, so there is no reason why they should be unredeemable…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.