Increased magazine storage

Hi , another one of my wacky idea’s for a new module .

Increased magazine storage

So the basic’s
Increases the amount of ammo each weapons Module holds.
This will be a High slot module taking up mostly PG .
Different mods for different ammo types of course. The only hick up would be crystals. This module would be useless for lasers, but hey , instant damage switch for amar kids so don’t complain.

Maybe a coolant module to reduce heat on laser’s , who knows. Anyways please discuss

But whyyyy

Glad you asked good Sir

So for pve kids helps increase ratting times by less reloads.

Same for pvp , for example on a ship like a tempest , you have a option of a neut or extra capacity . This would give you more options I think on ships of that nature

I believe the module would be viewed as a waste of a high slot and power grid. CCP doesn’t give us any extra slots, they very much balance each ship assuming all skills 5 and having to make sacrifices when fitting. So I don’t see a use for the module.

And before the module, I’d want a SKILL that does this. 5% extra ammo capacity for all weapons, per skill level. Or, as an alternative: 10% reduction in reload time. But, again, I really doubt that CCP will give us a boost for free; they usually pre-nerf things, so if they implement this they’ll go “the reload time is doubled for all weapons and then you can have a skill that does 10% reduction per level.”

So, TLDR, no.

1 Like

The problem is you would have to make a balance pass on Rapid Launchers for this to work. Those launchers allow a ship to use missiles that are a class smaller but to fire faster, allowing say a cruiser to take out frigates. The ammo bay and reload have been balanced often (I miss when they originally help 40+ light missiles!)

Or you could be lazy and say it is only for turret weapons.

Edited to add: you may also want to treat these like turrets where there are sizes and smaller sizes work only for small turrets but take less fitting whereas a BS size one would only be for large turrets and use more power grid.

1 Like

I was thinking PG requirements be low , could be a yet another way of use of empty highs and add a little more variety around here

If anything, this should probably be a rig and not a high slot. It would be more in line with the meta, and wouldn’t take up another dps slot. To keep things balanced it would need to be a marginal increase. Something like 5% and 10% for T1 and T2 respectively, which on a 40 missile hold would equate to 2 or 4 extra missiles. On a garmur this might be useful.

I think the problem it suffers from is that for any reasonable % increase, the times anyone would use it over a damage or application rig are extremely niche. A fun idea, but likely not practical when devs have lots of other things to do

This would help a lot with missile ships like the Jackdaw and Mordus ships, where your magazine size is your biggest handicap in PvP engagements. As to whether or not this module should exist, I couldn’t say. It could make RLML and RHML dominate more in their tiers.

Throw out some math. This would mean an increase in average DPS for a weapon system. How big a DPS increase are we talking? And what about ships that don’t have utility highs? Spreadsheets needed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.