If you had to pilot similar to a FSP shooter you’d never have anything even remotely approaching these massive battles…
Most people aren’t input broadcasting, and some people are just really good at multiboxing.
There may very well be a lot of players getting away with input broadcasting because no one is reporting them. Food for thought…
I am pretty sure that all gankers are getting several reports a day. Even I am and I am almost always using single toon per kill. My victims told me so. Perhaps not for input broadcasting, but for various cheating. “You can’t be that quick!”, “You must have delayed CONCORD because you didn’t lose your ship!” etc.
If someone is geting away with it, it is abyss runners, nullsec ratters and multibox miners. These players are not that visible and thus slips under radar, indeed. But the thread is about gankers, nobody cares about pve players abusing input broadcasting.
Would not be the first time someone did a video with smoke and mirrors. The problem is for every Kusion there are several more that are extremely suspicious and that CCP has banwaves is a tacit admission legitimate players are suffering the consequence.
I believe from time to time they ban some of the most obvious offenders to silence the crowd. And the large majority gets away under the radar. Massmultiboxing (aka 3+ in my book) has become such a drug for CCP/FC and such a cancer to the game, you can’t really cut it out without killing the patient any more.
speaking as a retired mental health professional with decades of experience … you could not be more right .. just saying …
So you are telling me that your educational background didn’t include statistics and basic methodology for clinical studies?
And what was the basis for your judgement? This forum alone?
True it happened in one case that we know of and player got unbanned after sending CCP a vid. But that wasn’t a case of input broadcasting, but straight up botting.
Lets be real. This whole thread is another anti-ganking thread. Nobody gives a f about input broadcasting that might be going rampant for any other type of multiboxed content. Only gankers are on the radar of the posters like OP. Only gankers are supposedly abusing it.
But all these threads and this is like 20th thread like this in last 3 years are always posted by someone who has no clue of the fleet mechanics and how multibox ganking is performed. We have seen input broadcast threads about an actual fleet warp, then about all alts approaching leader and lastly also just the shooting itself. Always lack of understanding of how it is being done and refusal to learn about it before posting (videos showing the multibox gank exists on the youtube).
And guess what, unlike the pve content, input broadcast is extremely easy to spot in pvp. Because you can see the timings in log. And you don’t even need to be target, the pilot going criminal is broadcasted and logged for everyone. So it is easy to see if that ganker uses input broadcast of not. Small hint - anyone using input broadcast would shoot all his toons in the very same second.
You can argue that perhaps the tools that allows input broadcasting can be configured so there is a delay. I don’t use those tools so I wouldn’t know. But lets presume it is possible. Still, it truly isn’t needed. The way how ganking works, all you need is large monitor enough so you can cascade the clients and then you just make single click in each window. Since the target is not going to move far, that is all that needs to be done. A single click. And then there is EVE-O with its feature to cycle all clients in specific order with single button press. I don’t use it myself, but with that you don’t even need to position the windows on top of each other and you can multibox any amount even on a small monitor in full screen.
No, he’s just pointing out were all nuts for still loving the game! ![]()
It not the focus, though it is where the abuse of the method sticks out the most.
Not needed when its so low effort to add a gaussian delay, why not do it anyway?
Add a input delay of 1-5 seconds ‘on focus’ and it will be apparent very quickly who is cheating and who is not.
Sorry but your post, none of it, makes any sense. I think you skipped logic lessons in highschool math class.
I think it’s more likely English is not their first language and they may be using translation software.
They said, that ganking is the most egregious of the abuses of multiboxing, hence why it is discussed the most.
Then they suggested a random (gaussian) delay of 1-2s on switching between clients, and then said this would easily wheedle out the cheaters.
Seems pretty logical to me, if unecessary.
That’s what I read as well.
And I think adding a small forced delay on switching between clients isn’t even a bad idea.
It would still allow limitless multiboxing like today, but introduces a FCCP-defined practical limit to how many accounts a single player can command simultaneously in situations that require fast responses, regardless of the hardware and software they use.
Can’t enforce that…i have my clients usually spread around at least 3 computers. In that case there just is effectively no switching between the clients.
Oh okay what I read was:
"It is not focus, it is just that every ganker is cheating with input broadcasting.
They are using input broadcasting exactly because they don’t have to."
and the last line I thought he is reffering to that delay in the input broadcast program I mentioned, though he know more about that software than me.
Ok so now I uderstand what he meant.
Still that is illogical. Add a hard-coded client switching delay (which I don’t see how could have been enforced, but lets ignore that for now) in order to motivate players who are not cheating to cheat?
How does that solve the actual problem that the thread is about? If anything it reinforces it. This just smell as another stupid ganking nerf to me and it won’t be very effective because to anyone who doesn’t cheat with input broadcast it takes that second or half already (depending on the method of account switching, alt-tab / eve-o / windows cascade clicking).
The whole discussion of a delay is pointless, because:
In the early days of EVE when computers weren’t powerful enough to handle more than one client, the multiboxers built huge setups with one computer per client.
So if this is reinforced, people with enough resources will just revert to that. This will not stop the serious people doing their stuff.
A picture from the end of the early days seemingly using two clients per computer:
I have also seen setups with a dozen mice and no KVM.
EDIT: here is the famous “hardware broadcasting” at work:
Fine thing, any solution that cuts down the numbers of massmultiboxers by ~99% (which that one would be) absolutely helps.
To think a significant amount of players (aka numbers large enough to influence the game noticably) would build this kind of setup is delusional. What you see there is a thing for the ~0.1% hardcore freaks you find in every game. And they are no problem because their impact is hardly noticable.
I was able to recover 2 old accounts and am in the process of training them up… If you can’t beat ‘em, bury ‘em… Pretty sure that with my 5 accounts I’m still on the low side of things, though…
But keep in mind that this is another antiganking thread. The nerf is directed to gankers. Extremely small group of players who are hardcore and often already uses setups like above.
And I don’t see how would that solution somehow cut down the mass multiboxing (and what is mass anyway, 10-20? 20+?). I am not using any 3rd party tools like EVE-O I use either alt-tabs or clicking into cascaded windows. I am already having that 1 second delay on next client action. I don’t see how would that influence me in any way, how would that influence ganking in any way other than to make it significantly annoying thanks to technical solution to enforce this (black screen?, client unresposive to input?).
Again. This solution, if anything, is motivating players to cheat and use that input broadcasting software. Since this was proposed as a mechanic to prevent it, it makes absolutely no sense. Input broadcasting in my knowledge doesn’t need to cycle client windows. It sends the commands automatically. So tell me how is some artificial deadlock when switching between clients helping against that?
