Input broadcasters or similar programs!

I absolutely doubt that “Gankers” and “people using the setup shown above” are the same group. Even among gankers, probably not 1 percent are using such extreme hardware setups or even multi-mouse-stick+tape-inputs.

I can’t read the mind of the OP, from me personally it is only and for a 100% dedicated to make EVE a better and more attractive game for the normal gamer, in order to increase the number or real players instead of just boosting numbers by ever more alts. This is my absolute and only concern. If it affects some hardcore gankers, sure its bad for them but imho a nessessary sacrifice for the greater good. The massmultiboxing as it is right now is imho drastically hurting the games attractiveness as a product on the market.

As I said, my thoughts about this topic is not directed against gankers. And as you say, nobody (not even a ganker) using like a handful of accounts manually and legit would feel much of a change anyway. But people automating mass accounts would, thats the goal. And I don’t care if those are gankers or miners or PvE farmers or WH evicters… or whoever. I have stated it often enough: In my personal opinion the effect of ganking is totally insignificant for the game, I have no issue with it and no intentions to nerf it or to buff it. But for the same reason I also simply don’t care if it benefits or suffers from changes I consider nessessary to make the game better for the vast majority of real players (not accounts).

2 Likes

Obviously not exactly the same. There is no need for input broadcast, but one of my friends who was smartbombing in highsec was using glued stick on F1-F4 to press all buttons at once. I am using 3 monitors myself and Ive seen some other crazy setups. The smartbombing guy in Ahbazon has pretty insane setup as well (althought not technically a ganker of course).

You don’t know since you are not ganking yourself, but CCP constant nerfs basically evicted casuals from this content. Now pretty much every ganker runs his own multibox fleet. And there is maybe 50 players total in whole game doing this content. Active at different times in different regions. Probably less… A lot of us has some crazy setups to run our ops, we even coded our own applications to help us with target selection or kill mails control. We know mechanics that most players have no idea about as we must abuse them to be successful. And I am not talking about CONCORD pulling. But whatever…

OP intention is vague. We both are reading his mind in the way it feels most natural to us.

Just so you know since I am using different account now, I am against multiboxing. I hate it, I technically prevented it on my own mini MMO server, because it ruins and kills games. But I multibox myself in EVE because the way this game is designed simply forces you to multibox, at least if you do pvp. With every new nerf we are forced to multibox more and more accounts. I am now at +1 thanks to theJita-Amarr route change. I feel that the game rules and design simply enforce multiboxing. It became core bussiness strategy now I fear. CCP needs multiboxers to drive demand for PLEX. And the multiboxers like me are then impacting lossess to players who then has to buy PLEX and sell it on market to keep playing. A vicious cycle.

I am not against this suggestion because I want to conserve my own gameplay. I am against it because it does not prevent or reduce multiboxing and it will only encourage cheating, the very kind of cheating it was supposed to battle. It is absolute nonsense.

Do you want to destroy multiboxing? Prevent to sell PLEX for ISK. There, 99% of multiboxing gone within year or two (as many of us are subbed for that amount of time).

How? I fail to see how this change does that. Maybe I don’t know how the input broadcasting software works? I never used it so it is possible.

1 Like

This is the part I don’t understand.

Why does massmultiboxing enrage so many people? Is it jealousy, that they can’t mine as much or shoot as many guns at once as other people? How does other people playing more than one account at a time negatively impact your gameplay? I can see how it makes others richer, but not how it affects you. If EvE was a zero sum game, or even one with a global leaderboard or something I can see that the point of the game could be to be #1 but there are no such mechanics in EvE the fun comes from doing the things you do, and I don’t see how others playstyle gets people so upset.

1 Like

I think a lot of players look at multiboxing as a form of P2W. I guess from an Alpha perspective that makes sense, although from an Omega perspective there’s a lot of incessant whining from Alphas.

There’s definitely more of an upfront cost and time commitment with respect to multiboxing - because those PLEX just ain’t going to earn themselves!

It is mostly unreflected whining in my opinion. No one is restricted from following the path. However people don’t want to follow the path and complain instead. But they could if they wanted.

Also many only see the outcome and forget what is going into it. It might be P2W, but also it is it by a factor. You win maybe two times with two accounts, but you also need to be able to afford those two accounts, just as you write.

And with respect to P2W…that might have been an argument in the old days before skill trading and massive PLEX selling. Today you can buy your way into being spacerich. You can inject massive amounts of skillpoints and buy just about every ship you want to fly. Just contact the FC sales representative at the plexsales Email they list in the store and order away your 500k PLEX package today!

So we are far beyond the argument of P2W for multiboxers these days. You can have P2W on your single account today.

1 Like

It’s not about pointing the finger but more about how you play your game.

Sometimes you just need to take a step away from the keyboard to unwind.

So what if someone can plex sub 20 accounts and become a slave to their cause.

With or without however they control their number of pilots should never be of personal concern as you play your way and know the right time to take your break.

Because multiboxng is and will always be a topic with or without the tools that are used.

1 Like

Operators are standing by… lol

They have a whole player experience team standing by to support with the urgent needs of whales:

“If you are interested in purchasing more than 80,000 PLEX, please send an inquiry via email to plexsales@ccpgames.com. CCP’s Player Experience team help you get the PLEX you need.”

1 Like

So this is what your room looks like if you have no boyfriend/girlfriend.

Or if your setup is in your mom’s basement…

Sorry, no moms basement. Just a bunch of dedicated players who had the opportunity to take on the null blks. And while it is unfair to those who cannot afford such a luxury expense with 3 accts. We could only afford to pay by the mo. Later as the game became even more worth paying for with the greater interest and effort, buy the yr.

CCP had the best bragging rights to player competency of any other game. (do your own homework, you just might survive longer in game as well) I had a computer room and in FL summers, I was going to cut a return to the AC from that room.

Dedicated players who fought tooth and nail to make this game what it was were tossed away. You all got what you cried for, and now no new players want to bother. Meh…

1 Like

That Pandora’s Box is a b*tch…

I’d rather have the boyfriend.

I hate these summer lapses between updates…

1 Like

Lol just recently talked to guy who lost freighter , he checked the logs basically 5 dudes running 10 accounts each and each 10 chars show instantly apply damage at same time . Brought up with FC they shut him down, he is like f it no more money to FC, pays only in isk after that. Another customer gone. Keep chipping that players base away eventually lake will run empty.

1 Like

Should have talked to someone who understands how the game works instead…

Really, neither is attacking with 10 gankchars at the same time proof that input broadcasting was used, nor is switching from cash to ISK make “the lake run empty”. Such claims only show a total lack of knowledge.

2 Likes

You won’t show us screenshot of this log, will you?

Why should i alert the ppl doing, FC didn’t take any action, then wont matter if post it here and I’m not asking the other guy to post it either.

Oooh nice excuse…

1 Like

Everyone knows it already anyway. There is public sites collecting that info, you now? Or you don’t?