Interfaces on Smaller Screens

I just thought I’d give some feedback regarding the new Photon UI.

At the moment I’m still using the old UI. The main reason for this is because I play Eve on a fairly small laptop - it’s a powerful computer but also one with a screen just a bit smaller than 15 inches.

Using the old UI means that I can use a high resolution - currently 3220px X 1932px, at 175%. It’s titchy but I have good eyesight and thanks to the quality of my screen, not a massive problem to see what’s going on.

To save window real estate I can get also the Neocom small against the left hand side of my screen (it’s 5mm wide at the moment) and my windows are currently also pretty compact in regards to font sizes and so on.

As far as I can tell, this kind of set-up isn’t really possible in Photon.

So my plea to the Devs is this:

Please, please don’t pull the option to use the old interface, at least not until you’ve rejigged Photon to allow for a similar set up to the above.

In some ways I’m sure it’d be nice to play on a massive screen, or even two, but for those of us like me who, for one reason or another can’t, being able to use the old UI in a really compact way is vital.

Thanks.

:mouse:

8 Likes

I’d like to add that even for those with bigger screen, it doesn’t mean they are ok with having them filled up with huge half-empty windows
They most likely bought bigger screens so that they could display more info on them

3 Likes

Hello CCP
maybe I become to old (almost 50) and outgrew the game … don’t know. But if you check my gaming times of recent months you will see a major drop.
Reason were partially RL, but also due changes in the game especially with the GUI.

When I farmed the AIR achievements in the 08/22 + 09/22 everything on this bloaded window was at least clearly seen.
But now: what did you do? Bloading it up even more ? So even less can be seen, buttons not visible on my screen and even achievement symbols only partially ?

This AIR window is absolutley CRAP … I cannot reduce it’s size.
Why ? WHY … please explain .
Every single piece of information can be given to playes in a windows 1/2 or 1/3 of its size, and I am sure even on 1/4 of this size.

Having already closed 4 accounts and biomassed everything there, I thought about giving the game one more year and prolonged all 3 remaining accounts for one more year each during halloween offers.
But for this? NAY I say.

Correct this.
I do not mind which GUI is shown or used but I expect that a new version of a window does not show lesser information as before.

Regards
Kay

(login of and going to gym now … time better and more useful spend)

2 Likes

to add up:

I do not play on a big TV screen but regular computer screens.
I will not buy some other screen just for one mere game.

If you want a bigger display of windows and such for some mere trailers or ingame stuff … then just have 2 versions of the GUI … but that’s just a suggestion.

CU

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.