Into The Abyss... Abysmal?

I’m simply not seeing the negatives to anything you cited. And my primary income is from highsec PVE. It just seems to me that bitter vets never pass up an opportunity to be outraged.

2 Likes

Indeed, i agree 100%

I use to be a null bear. join FW and you quickly think about isk being disposable

I only see the statement that you are a carebear, not that all highsec players are.

1 Like

I’m not outraged - just disappointed. I guess we’ll see what the final version looks like in just over a month’s time.

It’s new, it’s different, and they’re playing with some stuff they haven’t tried before. I simply don’t see a problem with any of it.

And as a (mostly) highsec care bear, I don’t feel particularly abused or forgotten. I make plenty of isk with very little risk and dabble in just about everything. When I want to step up the challenge and risk, I go into null or WH space. And if I want the safety and benefits of those spaces full time, I can join a corp who lives there. Nobody is stopping me. I think the current balance makes sense, so I just don’t get the complaints.

Of course I’m not old and bitter yet. Give me a few more years and I may be yelling at the kids to get off my grass and complaining about new fangled inventions as well.

4 Likes

A disclaimer before I start. I am not one of those people who automatically and reflexively always defends the game as currently is (or envisioned), and I’ve levied as much if not more criticism at stuff as anyone else.

I did wonder what the rationale was for the cruiser limitation. I can imagine reasons (true or false) why it might be this way. For instance (just a guess), no ship limitation would make it much harder to balance, where as limiting it to ship type X makes it much easier to balance for ship type X.

I do agree with the ban on strategic cruisers. I admit I’m biased against them, but I think for a good reason. They were way OP for many years without anything being done about them, and they are probably still OP even after that last balance pass on them. So yeah - screw T3Cs :slight_smile:

I don’t see it as being an issue. If you don’t want the mutaplasmid or the module you can still sell it, and still benefit. I don’t think mutaplasmids have to benefit every activity in the game. What about my PI? Why can’t they benefit that?

Also, who knows, but the Trig ships might be good in PvE.

Total non-issue. If the game was totally free to play, there would be no game, as the company would go under. So, since most rational people would agree it can’t be totally free to play, there must therefore be elements that are free (if such a limited ‘free mode’ is granted), and elements that are not free. This is one of the not free elements.

Nothing left to say here.

This (my ensuing comment) is coming from someone who lives in high-sec (not necessarily because I want to, but because I haven’t found suitable options otherwise), and who also believes null-sec is too safe.

High-sec is too safe to have rewards on the upper end of the risk/reward continuum. High-sec already has incursions, which make a ridiculous amount of ISK considering they can be run in high-sec (note that I run incursions, and I love them… err, I love the ISK). Come on - high-sec incursions make ISK in the ballpark of carrier ratting in null-sec. You think it needs more?

If high-sec should have the upper-end abyss pockets, what else should it have? Upper-end ores? Upper-end anoms? I’m not arguing, I’m just posing the question.

What’s your idea for how risk/reward should be structured in the game (an honest question)? I’m definitely open to the idea that changes or improvements can be made. Do you have any ideas? [DISCLAIMER: I’m not a null-seccer]

See above question.

Do you think the game should be free to play? How could that work… maybe make it run on donations (honest question)?

Look - again, I’m no reflexive defender of the status quo. And I’m sure I’ll have plenty of gripes and beefs with this proposed new content. In fact I’m sure I could think of some right now. I just don’t (necessarily) see the particular issues you’ve laid out as being issues, at least not at this juncture.

3 Likes

“I’m not outraged, so never mind the paranoid, jealous anti null sec rant in which I claim that its all some big conspiracy against me”.

There, I translated this crap for you.

2 Likes

There already are high payout, high proportion gank features in HS, just look at the MERs if you’d like some statistics. And to boot they are done with minimal losses. Now this is something I just can’t support. If the ISK risk was at least somewhat reasonable it’d be OK, but it isn’t.

Personally I don’t think its a good idea to give players automatic suspect flags upon exit. There could perhaps be ceirtain actions within the pockets themselves, especially the deeper ones, but definetly not the level 1, that could do it. That would make more sense.

Also, jsut like OP is a carebear and you’re a complete dick, a lot of us are actually inbetween and like to play how and when we like to. I understand this concept escapes you so I won’t try to explain any of it as that would just waste time.

3 Likes

Booohoo. NS is safer than HS anyways in many regards if you’re in a corp and go be poor somewhere else if you can’t come up with $15 a month

Lies. If you live in high sec you know for a fact that null is safer than high, that you get banked every time you warp in the general direction of jita and that ccp is sitting around just trying to find ways to screw you…because high sec.

/sarcasm

Okay not to get the threat off of topic too much but I have a stupid question could someone give me a list of what Cruisers they’re going to limited too I personally like to use VnI the vexor Navy issue

T1, faction and T2 cruisers only, T3’s are excluded

There were 10 groups of modules identified as usable with mutaplasmids.

Arent the following 6 used in PvE fits:

• Afterburner
  • Microwarpdrive
  • shield extender
  • armour plates
  • armour repairers
  • shield boosters

The other 4 module types sure. I don’t see much use for scram, point, web or neuts in purely PvE fits, but surely 6 of 10 do provide more than “little if any benefit” for PvE players.

It always amazes that new PvE is introduced into the game and some PvE players will still be butt hurt about it.

1 Like

yep, and on a handful of fits webs make sense

That said I’m waiting till we have a bit more details to form my opinion.

Thank you for saying some, by no means are all of us like that. I’ve always found the “PVE persecution complex” thing weird, i’m a PVEr, I knew from day one it was a PVP game, and even after all that CCP has spent the last 9 years stuffing the game with PVE and yet that complex still exists. It goes to show that some people will find a way to feel like a victim even when they aren’t.

“Trig Diving” (Copyright Jenn aSide Ltd , 2018, all rights reserved) ticks all the boxes PVE players on here have been complaining about and asking for. Soloable (hell, solo only), able to be done quickly, rewarding, accessible to some degree from high sec and so on.

And STILL, because it’s not perfect and potentially has features to introduce risk in keeping with the spirit of EVE online, the ‘usual suspect’ PVE forum posters are already condemning it. Because of course of the double evils of PVP (which EVE is built around) and null sec (the most visible player run part of a player driven game).

Well, I think it’s great, and no not because I play in null. If CCP does it right (always the big if) it could be the perfect lunch time at work diversion as well as something that tests our thinking and fitting skills (like figuring out how to make a fit that can both do the sites and survive potential ‘Exit Traps’ to get away with the loot).

I wonder if the new Trig Cruiser will be able to access the space, that could be…interesting.

5 Likes

you know its really funny people arguing about ISK and profits…
Who cares.
Maybe someone like me just wants to run the damn things and keep anything i find for myself and never sell it.
Like really whats wrong with that?

coming out of site should not make one flashy…
of course there is playing with friends, and voice comms…bring the cats…
a few nados or SB’in battleships can take care of that just before exiting the site.

but those without such resources or backup…yeah being suspect on exit if that happens is a little much, and totally stupid.

3 Likes

Alphas don’t deserve nice things because they didn’t pay a sub which means the devs who worked on the content didn’t get their salary thanks to alphas.

For years CCP has been trying to push the old carebears out of highsec by adding more isk sources outside highsec.You seriously complain why can you not farm all abysal deadspace tiers in highsec it’s perhaps CCP intended as always to have highsec for new players to get the basics learned not keep your ass safe so you can continue being a tumor on the economy.

1 Like

Lets hope this PVE content is for PVPers. Cause like you said you are a carebear and dont want to be shot at while trying to make dank isk.

I find it natural for people to try and make dank ISK and not lose it. Same with spaceships. Doesnt matter if its PvP or PvE. Just think when you last time flied into gatecamp with intend to welp ship and lose capsule. Repeatedly.

It may be strong emphasis on destructon and danger in EVE what makes many people care about what they have to the point of hoarding ISK, amassing wealth. Its like survivalists, making foodstuff that would stand long time in storage so they could survive difficult times.

2 Likes

Natural for carebearing dont you mean, hopefully CCP have thought, hey why not allow people to make isk with a high probability of making ridiculous isk and high probability of getting ganked.

It will harden the carebear and may even get them fighting back.

If you don’t want to loose a ship, you do have the option of not going into one. Like how some people dont leave highsec…

1 Like