Into The Abyss... Abysmal?

We don’t know this is certain. It was just proposed and discussed at the round table. Not a statement from CCP that it is occurring.

yes and that is good … in my view alphas would have no faction ships
T2 weapons? no way sorry …

JuuR

Then go there and run them in “absolute safety”.

3 Likes

Concord sells us the filament to go explore the new space pockets. They want us to go explore. It would not make sense if we got suspect timer on return to high sec. More pilots in high sec will run new site if they don’t get suspect timer.

1 Like

As I see it the suspect flag is not lore based, it is a simple solution to provide the ability for PvP in hi-sec without having to code a new function just for the Abyss instances which would be basically a suspect flag anyway.

The risk of PvP should be part of every PvE activity but as you are safe from PvP during the Abyss instance it is logical that you should face higher than usual risk afterward when doing this type of PvE activity… especially so as the reward (so far) seems much higher than in case of your usual PvE activity thus higher risk for the higher reward is completely in line with how EVE works.

I see no issue with the concept.

Where are you seeing that concord sell them? all i got from the presentation was that you could get them from relic sites or buy them on the market from other players, can you link to the part in the video where they mention being bale to buy them for LP?

1 Like

I thought there was mention of being able to buy them from NPCs, but don’t recall those NPCs being CONCORD (though that would make sense).

Will try to find the reference.

I thought you could sell them to NPC, not buy from them.

I dont know why, CONCORD should have prohibit everyone not authorized to explore and invade into space of a different, unknown race as it could be disastrous for humankind (or CONCORD in a long run).

1 Like

Here it says they can be found on the market or in relic sites. No indication if on the market involves NPC sellers, so I might be imagining someone else said that (maybe Seagull, but I think my brain is inventing some memories):

1 Like

i doubt alphas have the skills to build one of these.

Oh, I would rather give a buy orders, not sell orders to NPC. Just like with tags.

Filament SPAM incoming! \o/

Don’t have to build them, bpc will sell well in the beginning. Heck even the skill books/weapon will be worth alot.

1 Like

yes i was just going off the base of what you said. bpcs sure. but they wont be producing and selling this stuff so theyll get a small cut of the finished product depending on what goes into it.

There can be a lore reason (or one can be created later as well) but so far I haven’t read anything that suggest such. I haven’t seen the fanfest streams / videos so maybe there is such so can only rely on what others write so my insight is limited and I could even miss it even if was written somewhere, but I do not recall any lore reason regarding this.

1 Like

I did not see anything either, just thinking how CCP could solve that so it would be probable.

I see and agreed a lore reason can be provided sooner or later.

In my earlier post I’ve just noted the fact that currently it seems to be based on mechanics instead of lore, so the reason a suspect flag is added is (currently) because it was the quickest and simplest solution to enable PvP in hi-sec, not because according to Crimewatch the person running the instance commited an actual suspect level offense (like how thieves or MTU attackers do) so is not a lore thing (for now), simply a quick solution the devs came up with.

Btw yes it would be best if eventually the mechanics of the instance / its exit would be aligned with the lore somehow, either by providing a “legit” reason why the person becomes suspect or implementing a similar flag or mechanic that enables PvP without triggering CONCORD.

Not working for ISK? :thinking:
You play for playing’s sake??? :astonished:

IN MY EVE?? :open_mouth:

Massive Multiplayer Online game
That’s what is wrong

Its like gambling, sometimes you get easy spawn, sometimes it kills you in the end, especially the higher lvl filaments.