Introducing the HyperNet Relay

Its only gambling if u can take isk or plex and convert it back into legal tender. It is really that simple. its not allowed by ccp and is expressly forbidden in the EULA for well… obvious reasons. once u buy plex and take it out of your vault ( as stated by a gm’s reply to a different topic above) it becomes an in - game item ( ie- with no real life value anymore.) its like buying g1c credits. once in game poof your cash is gone and that’s that though, you do receive an in-game value in return ( whatever that is, isk?) and that’s what you buy. once it is no longer legal tender gambling laws fall away entirely unless it can be turned back into legal tender … did I just repeat myself… sry. :slight_smile: —at least in north America anyway.

Sorry I meant the brokers fee, pretty sure I read that you loose that too.

Well that is really new and interesting… thank you for sharing. :slight_smile: never heard of a loot box ban. where did this new law stem from?
do you know?

No we shouldn’t care about fake internet “gambling lawyers” who clearly know nothing about the laws. Especially on a global scale.

The fact that there exist illegal markets in which players can try to exchange money for isk, and likely get banned, does not suddenly make something currency when it’s not currency. In-game items do not have cash value. I’ve explained this a couple dozen times in this thread, so I don’t know why people keep pretending that the opposite is true.

There are no legitimate markets for in-game items or isk. They only have value within the game. As soon as plex is converted into isk, it loses whatever real world value it had.

What EA was doing is completely different from what CCP is doing. There are no loot boxes connected to the hyperlink. People - not CCP - use hyperlink to trade items through a raffle system. There’s no loot box mechanic there, as the people buying nodes know exactly what they’re trying to win. CCP isn’t selling the raffle items directly, either.

So, to be clear:

No real money is changing hands.
CCP is not providing the items being raffled.
CCP is not creating the raffles.
Nothing here is remotely similar to loot box mechanics that have been banned in a single country.

It is not gambling in the legal sense of the word. It’s gambling in the vernacular sense, sure. Then again, most things in games have some kind of gambling mechanic.

1 Like

This is disputable, because from where they come if not their own designed by them game? :thinking:

Also:

CCP, I destroyed the HyperNodes you gave me in the christmas packages. No gambling facilitation by me. I hope you will be more happy in this christmas time, when people should care about others, knowing that I am caring for your fellow eve online spaceship enthusiasts mental health. :partying_face:

DESTROY ALL HYPERNODES! MAKE CHRISTMAS TIME CHEERFULL! BANISH THE DARKNESS! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

I am SO sorry! YOU are SO right! This MUST be gambling if YOU say so! I’m SURE CCP did NOT run this through their legal team before releasing it. THEREFORE YOU are RIGHT and the rest of the world is wrong! I humbly THANK YOU for your presence here on earth as you must be a GOD somewhere else. I as well as EVERYONE on earth, should bow to you for your lackluster arguments.

“The definition of insanity is saying the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Edit; Should it have been all cap? :laughing:

1 Like

Law isnt justice. And it isnt all good either. Some things that greedy people do, are bad either way, if law allows it or not. One day you may realize that walking that way you can come upon dead end and there will be only people like me that can save you, walk you out of it. Cause you are becoming lost like many others.

1 Like

#CCPlease - Please Add a Filter that will remove Hypernet Links in Chats (Even if its just the ability to turn off the link not remove from chat.

#CCPlease - Allow to Remove / Lock the Option to use Hypernet on a Account (Like Parental Controls)

I overall approve of ccp adding the option, Even if I would like to limit the Spam / Access.

Karma B
Fly Fun, Not safe

I was joking before about being insane, maybe I wasn’t that far off after all? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m not going to bother feeding a troll more than I have to, to get entertainment outta you. Others have disproved your logic (or lack thereof) far better than I can, infinite.

It’s like watching a frog in a pot…

You win the 2019 Pedant of the Year Award. It’s this on a T-shirt: https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/191/035/135.png.

1 Like

Not in the way that matters: that the gambling activity did not magically cease to be gambling just because it involved in-game items instead of cash.

1 Like

It’s not that this doesn’t fall under certain definitions of “gambling.” It’s that even if it is gambling, at least in the way most people understand the term, it’s not legally actionable gambling (at least under U.S. statutory and case law).

This is going to sound disingenuous, but keep this in mind. If I pay for a loot box, I’m directly exchanging cash with the company for a chance to win a prize. When I give money to CCP for PLEX, I get PLEX–not a chance to win PLEX. I can then use that in-game currency to do several different things, including choosing to set up an in-game raffle wherein I personally raffle my in-game item for in-game currency.

It might not seem that different, but that attenuation is of legal significance. Read the case @Brisc_Rubal posted above if you want to hear a court talk about it.

It’s not that I’m pro-Relay. I’m just outlining an argument for why the Relay is legal.

Many people here are yet to realize what is that they are wrong about. Same as many other people trying to defend CCP on that decision, or argue that its ok when its legal, while the law is not reflecting the wisdom about people and their wellbeing in fast changing times. There is something law cant give people and that is more they can handle at this moment.

Blessed those who know.

I say, you can live without HyperNet. And that life will be a lot better.

But its bad for mental health.

You could make that same argument about gaming, the internet or EVE…

There is a slight differentiation between the way games are designed tho. So I am not against gaming in general, just gambling, like lotteries. Where people are bamboozled by all-encompassing tricks to make you a slave to your own flaws. Flaws that are innate to every human. Only some people know themselves and know the enemy, so stand a chance in life, to not fall prey to other people who know how to exploit these flaws.

The greed is all-encompassing in CCP actions lately. Human doesnt count. They are anti-human.

1 Like

So is reading the forums.

3 Likes

Why is it opt-out?

Why is it so easy to fix? (Not in a “broken” way but fixed like most elections)

Why bob why

Well thats bs right there

1 Like