Introducing the HyperNet Relay

Except they did post about that. And yet, you were the one a few minutes ago bitching about people not even reading the devblog properly…

1 Like

Ummm…

The things I listed don’t include gambling. You said you’d support monetization that didn’t include gambling.

Don’t blame me you were both not specific and opened yourself up to this.

Great point! I think they use a Titan as an example in there ad.

Do you honestly have nothing better to do than go through threads and make comments about things said (literally!) hours ago?

Sad little troll :frowning:

1 Like

So I took the time to read up a bit about probability engines since you couldn’t be bothered to answer the question. You mentioned earlier that the chances for this raffle aren’t RNG, but a result of a probability engine.

What was the point you were trying to make? Were you trying to say that we should be able to figure out patterns in the raffle outcomes?

Because if I understood what I found about probability engines correctly, if the probability engine is any good, we shouldn’t see any difference from true random results. If it’s a bad probability engine, we can recognise the same ‘semi-random patterns’.

Since you really want us to call this ‘probability engine’ and not ‘RNG’ even though the outcome is a random number in either case for all intents and purposes, is there anything I missed? Because I don’t see a reason not to keep calling RNG RNG.

Uh, scoreboard.

its not pointless, some of us just enjoy having a few 100bn in the bank or more just becouse we can like having 20k plex its there for a rainy day or just to look nice in the vault.

I’m sorry that my responding to people who spoke to me offended you. Just pretend I’m not posting.

3 Likes

I saw people putting in 1-10k, as a recruiter. If you have any time left, talk to the high level recruiters in corp (not alliance) and ask for numbers. The API pulls were disturbing in 2008, progressed to 2014 and then I stopped looking because the same people pushing that money in, were the really odd ones who might need help but you do not have the time or inclination for. There’s a vicious subset of corps who exploit people like this, and when then they hit your sphere, you have to untangle it. Thousands, not hundreds spent.

lacking in comms is the understatement of the century

I actually enjoyed SOMER Blink. It honestly was a good part of the community that you (CCP) let go because at the end of the day they was not doing RMT. You should of just said 5% of SOMER Blinks money goes to us at the end of every month and be done with it. You was still making Money from people buying plex to go on SOMER and bet.

What you’re doing is allowing people to directly gamble their money, like REAL LIFE money. Some people have issues with gambling and I can honestly see this ending up in a law suit with EVE being 18 to play. You shouldn’t be allowed to gamble under the age of 18 and gambling with real money effectively is a real bad move for EVE.

You want to do something like this… ok fine. When you’re doing your prizes. Put stuff like T2 BPO’s in there. Faction titans and AT ships, for 50% of the in game cost. If you’re going to just go oh 1 ticket for a ■■■■■■■ Moa it’s going to just end up silly.

Work with the people that made SOMER Blink and put that ■■■■ back online and take the cut from them. Let it be player driven like your economy is. This is kind of low CCP, Tell your higher ups to back the hell off and let you run the game that the PLAYERS want. You wanted people to run the game and be spaceship warlords but right now you’re the only warlord…

2 Likes

Of course it’s a form of gambling. That’s not what we were talking about. We were talking about if this met the legal definition of a lottery.

Can you give us a prediction on how STARK the revenue spike will be for CCP with the introduction of this new feature? I hear leeching money from addicts is quite the business so it will probably do quite well.

in the UK yes a raffal is classed as a lottery under uk lore

Wow. You didn’t read much then. Gj. But sure, take time out of whatever you were doing to go and half-read some stuff then come back and take even more time to fail at trolling some random dude on the internet who had totally forgotten about you less than 1 minute after he spoke to you.

Just more of a cash grab :face_vomiting: . Cant get more players so just let them milk the ones they already have.

2 Likes

I’ll bet CCP isn’t reading a single post on this thread, but they are absolutely watching the number of posts fly up to 1000. Why is that?

It’s “engagement”. The same goes for everyone who logged into SiSi to try this feature out. “Engagement” isn’t a measure of good or bad. It doesn’t matter who likes the feature, who hates it, and whether or not it’s really gambling. It matters that people are “engaged” with this content. Just compare this thread to the other update for Invasion Chapter 2. This thread is about 4 times as long and it only took a few hours. There are probably more people on SiSi right now than any other day this month.

CCP has seen that spark in the player. We’ve responded to this update stronger than a balance fix or something similar. There is a manager at CCP right now telling everyone that the idea worked and the players are engaged with the game.

And CCP isn’t going to scrap this feature, they are going full steam ahead and collecting data. How much profit and player activity will we get? Greed is Good Vol. 2. A triumph.

5 Likes

This sure blew up in CCP’s face. The article mentioned so many requests for it but looks like the opposite.

Or I missed all the positive posts?

2 Likes

You failed to answer the question before. You tell us to ‘learn about something’ without telling us what or why. I make an effort, ask you why you posted it in order to learn more and now you respond like this?

Seems like you’re not putting in any effort at all. Sorry for thinking that whatever you wrote was worth looking into.

3 Likes

wait till it hits the gaming press and all the gaming youtube channels that another game is adding gambling

2 Likes