Introducing the HyperNet Relay

118 chars logged into it. About 12 hours ago there were just over 150. Not sure what that proves or disproves tbh. Kind of confused.

1 Like

76,956 HyperCores for a 512x1b HyperNodes Sale.

How much will the HyperCores cost?

But, again, how do you define “thousands of dollars” as unreasonable? If you’re Jeff Bezos then spending $10k/month on PLEX is a perfectly rational thing to do, relative to the rest of your finances that $10k is so absurdly tiny that you could easily spend 100 times that much and still barely notice. If you’re an average person working three different minimum wage jobs (because none will give you more than 10-15 hours a week) then $10k/month is a catastrophic financial decision. There’s no single value that can be considered reasonable, so the only ethical decision is to not have cash shop gambling features at all.

2 Likes

“Not being bothered to teach some rando maths” is a bit different to “failing to answer” but sure. Also, I did tell you the “what”.

But then, it is just maths. To most people it doesn’t matter any more but it does. If you don’t understand the basics how will you improve and learn more? You won’t.

Spending such amounts of money on a computer game is never a rational thing to do no matter how much money you have. How seriously detached from reality do you have to be to even think something like that?

We call those dead people. They died.

Ask, whilst CCP promotes their campaign of community, how many they killed.

It’s not detached from reality at all, you apparently just don’t comprehend how much money billionaires have and how utterly trivial $10k is to them. Jeff Bezos spending $10k on EVE would be a better financial decision than you not bothering to reach down and pick up a penny as you walk by. Hell, Jeff Bezos probably sees more than $10k added to his net wealth in the time it takes to click “buy” on that PLEX.

1 Like

have you seen pp in china that have accounts worth over $1m pp will spend lots on pixals

It’s not “basic maths”, it’s you using a nonsense term as if it means something and then refusing to define what you’re even talking about.

3 Likes

It looks like someone didn’t consult their legal team

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.

Yes, a self-imposed perma-ban is the absolute bare minimum one would expect. Of course, it’s oftentimes just a ‘ruse’ so that a claim of social responsibility can be made when bad tales are made public - usually in connection with online gambling, I concede. I’d like to think that CCP are a little progressive and beyond de minimis so-to-speak. Perhaps I am wrong. If so, sad-face :slight_smile:

I understand that determining a ‘sane’ limit may seem to be tricky - but it needn’t be. IMO, it’s a problem that’s best solved by working bottom-up, and here, data is your friend.

CCP can easily establish spending patterns per individual, in fact I bet these numbers are already there in the metrics. A crude measure of ‘sane’ would be averaged spending over some timeframe, say a year, and add 20%. After that, perhaps a little caution could be advised. If spending exceeds a given threshold a pause could be imposed.

Now, I understand that’s not in the best interests of the balance sheet, but it is certainly in the best interests of those who simply cannot abstain.

Edit: Missed quoting your post
Edit 2: Or am I being a bit of a drama queen? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yea, and apart from not telling us what he’s talking about, he’s also refusing to tell us why he thinks it’s important.

To think I even bothered looking up what he meant.

2 Likes

It is basic.

Apparently basic is above you though. Feel free to wallow in ignorance and pretend that things you are incapable of comprehending are simply made up. Bc ignorance is bliss apparently.

No it’s worse. Only three winners in this Raffle. The lucky capsuleer, the seller and CCP! rest will go home empty :grin:

2 Likes

“oh look at me I’m so smart and know things you guys don’t know”

Well let me tell you other people also know things you are ignorant of. And does anyone care? No, because it’s irrelevant, especially when you fail to say why it is of any importance.

2 Likes

You are missing the point. No matter how much money someone has, spending it on a game that was deliberately designed to be tedious so you would pay money to not have to play those parts of the game is completely ridiculous and insane. It’s obviously that a lot of people do that and it makes the game developers money, but if you would go 10 years back and tell someone about this he would not believe you that people will be so stupid to actually pay for this.

2 Likes

GET IN!

1 Like

But they can’t establish the financial situation of that individual. I could easily afford to spend $100/month on PLEX. Compared to the cost of the airplane I own that monthly number might as well be zero. If I get impulsive and spend $200 instead it’s still close to zero and my financial situation is fine. But for someone working a minimum wage fast food job spending that $100 might mean coming up short on their monthly budget and having to beg friends for help with food. Spending $200 might mean also failing to pay the electric bill and letting the power get shut off. The spending level that is 100% healthy and reasonable for me is clearly not healthy for the poor person.

This is why the only morally acceptable decision for CCP is to not have mechanics that encourage gambling addiction and unhealthy financial choices.

5 Likes

Wait.

Why are you still talking? You are totally correct that there are people who know things I don’t That is bloody obvious! There are more people that know things I do not than I even have an understanding of - something else I clearly don’t know!

But I have no fkn idea at all what you are talking for nor what you are or even why you think you’re a thing. It is baffling.

Why I think I’m a thing?

Are you for real?

Anyway, if you don’t know what we’re talking about, please look up at what you wrote before. It’s a long conversation, I know, but you’re part of it.