Introducing the HyperNet Relay

It was more than hinted at - it was blatantly said. Yes, it was discussed in the CSM and it was item 27 in the minutes - unknown and unspecified item, secret with no details given. NDA aside, it doesn’t really seem to matter what the CSM do or don’t hink as it is just a PR thing with no voice/influence and therefore just dressing at best :frowning:

1 Like

even Omeclol coverd his back by saying this is all on ccp lol

1 Like

Damn. End of an era. I was hoping to serve with you again.

1 Like

Ok Boomer.

Still mad they killed your exploiting of booshing much? Stay salty.

1 Like

In before this game turns into Project Entropia but in space.

1 Like

CSM_ Omecalol
I can’t talk for the rest of the council. Here is my opinion.

It is already a given that whatever gambling or similar activity there is, it is wrong unless it is conducted responsibly.

I don’t have a strong moral judgment on whether it is unethical for entities (corporations, individuals etc.) to create, host and profit from responsible gambling mediums on the Internet.

If I thought it was wrong for there to be responsible online gambling (or any gambling at all), I’d think people’s worries about Hypernet are legitimate. I think if someone already thinks that responsible online gambling shouldn’t exist, it is very hard to convince them that what CCP is doing is right. That being said everyone (including corporations like CCP) is entitled to endorse their own ethics (as long as they don’t breach the law, and CCP ensured not to).

I do not see this ethically super far away from when a for-profit streamer, organization or youtuber etc. does raffles. So if that’s OK I think this should be OK. I don’t have a strong judgment on OKness of either.

TLDR: WRT my own ethics I do not have a strong judgment. I understand that there are legitimate ethical perspectives under which this is plain wrong. I also believe in people’s and organizations’ right to have their own ethics and that includes CCP.

1 Like

I hope it’s pretty stark. I like when CCP makes money, so they can go and fix things that are broken like they did with the war dec mechanics.

Hmm been doing some reading about laws here in the uk and boy oh boy CCP your being naughty people :D.

Under the Gambling Act 2005, a raffle is considered to be a lottery and must be run in accordance with the law so your new group member may be right. … The law says you need a licence if your lottery makes more than £20,000 – or if you have them regularly and they make more than £250,000 over the year.

Plus it’s against the law to gamble unless 18 or over, this game is rated what 12? I sure hope no one reports you to the Gambling Commission in the UK.

You can use the confidential line to report:

• information on unlicensed or criminal activity related to gambling such as betting in pubs and illegal gaming machine supply
  • concerns that money laundering is taking place
  • underage gambling
  • concerns about sports betting integrity (match-fixing).

Call the confidential intelligence line on +44 121 230 6655

FUC CCCP

3 Likes

Well, but being told that it would come, but not how it would come are two different things.

1 Like

Let folks with money decide how they want to spend it.

1 Like

underage gambling in a pegi 12 game lol

LULZ. Are you guys really worried about little kids losing their house to a gambling addiction?

no more over it setting a patten for when they become adults

So many crybabies crying about this and saying that they are glad they are unsubbing. Sorry bitter vets, but your threats of unsubbing are moot compared to the amount of money that ccp is going to make through the Hypernet release. Let’s see, lots of money for devs, check. Lots of isk being removed from economy because of the 5% hypernet fee, check. Plus a bunch of other positives.

Go unsub and cry in a corner, the modern generation of gamers has already demographically replaced all of you old timers, we have new Korean players, Chinese players, youth players, all thanks to the great work that CCP has done, looks like the age of the bittervet is done.

Korean, Chinese, and Youth. The Big 3.

The devs are on a wage, not a profit share.

Also, the kiddies are not the ones with the money so there is that to consider also.

Finally, as for “bittervets” - you tell all the new players how long you have been playing when you drag them into your slave-corp. Kind of makes you not just a scammer but a massive hypocrite too.

1 Like

Uh, there’s a 5% sales tax but no one has mentioned the cost of a HyperCore.

No, it’s just it will not be LEGAL in many jurisdictions.

I’m not bitter. I love Eve. It completes me.

@ the mo no one knows as you am just spawned on sisi market, l still recon this would go over better if it was all in isk and you could not us RL money to buy them

1 Like