Introducing The Winter Expansion - EVE Online: Lifeblood

Jenn aSide
That’s what I meant to link, that was a year ago, and as usual not many people were there (somehow people can complain loudly about PVE all the time but can’t seem to participate anywhere but these forums)

Personally I’d like to be involved in these sort of things, I just can’t afford to fly to the other side of the world to do it.
So my only option is to use these forums, which as you say, is more often than not, not productive as it is generally just seen as complaining. Those who can afford to spend the time and money attending fanfest and the like really aren’t representative of PVE’rs, they represent their own agendas (exactly the same as the CSM and most focus groups). Which is not to say they are wrong, they are just not able to represent “everyone”.

The average player has no voice when it comes to game design - By design.

As an example; The BR Sotiyo (coming soon to highsec in a nicely dumbed down version [and probably an even more limited reward for “the person” who loots the can first])
Fact is, CCP don’t care that many players would rather it be actual content that involves a fleet [group] engaging NPC’s that will give some reward when they die. Rather than having thousands of NPC’s that need to be totally ignored while you concentrate all firepower onto the structure, it would be better to have less NPC’s that need to be destroyed “before” or at least while the structure is being reinforced or destroyed.

At least attempt to make it something akin to pvp, rather than - shoot structure - tank NPC’s - collect reward.

Any group focused PVE needs to reward everyone who takes part, not just one individual.
Like a group setting out to destroy a player owned structure, everyone who attends is rewarded, with killmails.

If Devs can’t find a way to balance “risk vs reward” group content is not going to be “a thing”…

2 Likes