Introducing The Winter Expansion - EVE Online: Lifeblood

WTB Stovepipe hats.

Well I am excited to see how they change the Amarr ships as my Amarr char is in an interesting spot. Considering we get a very limited amount of damage type with lasers. Drones are about the only way we get any variety.

1 Like

@Jin_taan
I have a question, from my understanding the original concept of the CSM was to assist in protection against another possible T20 scandal.
Yet, between reddit(mostly) and other sources I have seen a lot of comm traffic about Devs that have alts in nullsec organizations. My understanding is they are not really allowed to be there in player groups.

So my question: Why since CSM is mostly nullsec and power blocs, you guys do not identify, write tickets, and kick their alts to the curb? Like literally, tell them to go F off and stay out. Why dont you guys do this?

Maybe if those Devs spent time in other areas and/or playing solo we could get other content that is meaningful to/for those areas…

If the underlying original reason for the existence of the CSM is still there, Why are you guys not doing your job?

1 Like

They’re not allowed to be leadership or in any way known to leadership. If they are found out they are put into witness protection. It’s important that EVE devs can experience all areas of space, even sov null, it’s only a problem when people try and leverage it.

2 Likes

If a dev is in nullsec in the same org he/she was in before being hired, he’s almost as much of an idiot as the average reddit poster.

:joy:

1 Like

Since the theme is highsec, I was really hoping for some wardec stuff changes to make them more attractive again, like locator agent rework, intel gathering tools to hunt other players, etc.

Is there nothing at all to look forward for PvP players in Highsec?

1 Like

Well you can look forward at doing what CCP has been suggesting to PvE players in highsec: GTFO to null or play another game.

2 Likes

ah, nevermind…

I’d say ganking the hauler carrying the new shinies to Jita/perimeter IF the station for those new corps aren’t too close to market hubs. The sites themselves probably won’t be really good hunting ground imo but we’ll see.

The pvp content in this game is just pay to win. We want more pve. Thats what the game needs to be. Nulll s*cks balls. If you have SP and ISK you rule there and is boring as f… O wait to hard to say it? some one need to say it.

It`s true playing this game back in 2005 but come on this game is nothing like that anymore.

2 Likes

This guy figured it all out! the rest of us is completely wrong about it! Of course, the ONLY logical conclusion therefore is more single player PvE!

Amazing! I’ve been so dumb and blind all the time!

I must be seeing things, I remember seeing a video of an Alpha guy taking on an Omega that was baiting newbs into duels to kill them, to our surprise the Alpha won

Isk and money does not represent skill to fly a ship. The problem with null and low nowadays is because you can hardly encounter a solo fight, the other day saw a guy with combat probes trying to scan me down on my enforcer, managed to grab a grasp of the ship type on d-scan, surprise surprise it can fit a cyno…

Its a shame people don`t get it! But you sir are just dumb nothing to say about that!

1 Like

Wait you seeing 1 dude get owend by a Alpha guy because he now his s_h_i_t wow. Get real son! So you think that answer you provide us need to feel us better?

okay. :slight_smile:

I mean I kill blinged out faction frigates in my cheap Atron all the time - ISK will make it easier to win, but skill is the real determinator.

Well, yeah, because I dont think an alpha vexor can beat an omega T3 destroyer when it has better modules and skills and all that… but that guy showed me wrong and further made me believe that this is not a game about skill points but more about how well you fly the ship

1 Like

it is. i mean, about how well you fly your ship. and playerskill.

you know who tells you that’s wrong? those who have none.

playerskill encompasses a lot of things, including, but not limited to:

• knowing your enemy, his ship, fitting. before you even engage.
  • how to counter-fit against your enemy.
  • knowing how to pick, and which target not to pick.
  • knowing your surroundings.
  • how to kite, slingshot
  • how to keep tracking low, when using long range weaponry.
  • how to avoid getting shot when approaching.
  • counting enemy RoF-seconds, in case of artillery.
  • why it’s bad to blindly use all turrets/launchers in one group.
  • knowing the amount of seconds it takes to reach a certain spot, from anywhere.
  • how to efficiently switch ammunition during a fight.
  • knowing which ammunition not to use ahainst certain enemy ships.
  • knowing that the target painter applies instantly, not one second later.
  • the cloak/mwd trick
  • knowing the benefits of implants and boosters.
  • knowing how to fly your ship well, aka movement, agility, acceleration.
  • knowing which ship is effective when and where
  • and knowing how to abuse a different ship for the same purpose.
  • falcon is primary.
  • disco.

that’s just a few.

3 Likes

Did somebody said Disco?

5 Likes