Invasion/Final Liminality Relocation PSA

CCP recently released a news item that said invasions are about to reach their zenith, and that players with stuff in invaded systems should evac immediately. Thus, I figured I’d make a post that helped get the word out and helped people safely move their stuff.

Currently affected systems can be found here. However, do note that other systems may be pushed into final liminality before this is over. Keep your ear to the ground if you live in a system with an A0 (blue), B0 (blue), O1 (blue), or G5 (yellow) star, as these appear to be the only stars that can reach final liminality.

If your star is in, or goes into, final liminality before you get your stuff out, don’t panic. Here’s a list of tips to help you get your stuff out as safely as possible.

Summary
  • Use intel tools and/or scouts to check for player activity. If you can, try moving when player activity is the lowest (usually Australian TZ). And certainly try to avoid moving when there are active gate camps (I don’t envy the people with stuff in Niarja). Intel tools include the in-game map (set to players in space, kills in the last hour, etcetera), Eve Gatecamp Check, and intel channels/comms (if you belong to a group that has them).
  • Getting pilots into system is easy. Just use shuttles,rookie ships, or clean clones in pods. Oh, and make sure you have a pod saver tab set up if you’re not in a clean clone. No one should be losing implants.
  • Getting haulers into system is risky, but not impossible. Scout the gate (use a friend or an alt), and use a webbing alt on freighters, a properly sized MWD on things like Bowheads and DST’s, and align speed affecting mods on T1 haulers like Wreaths. The less time you spend aligning on the gate, the less likely you’ll get caught by trigs or players.
  • Getting stuff out of system is stupid easy. You don’t have to worry about bubbles or dictors, and only have to go 1 jump, so the only real danger is kick out stations (stations that automatically put you outside of the docking ring when you undock). You can test to see if you’re stuff is in a kickout station or not by using a rookie ship or something. If so, you can use a punisher with an oversized prop mod to make some instant undock bookmarks. Then, if you happen to undock with players or trigs on the station, you can just warp to the instant undock. Keep an eye out for combat probes on D-scan though. Players might try to scan down your bookmarks. Anyway, since you don’t have to worry about bubbles, you’ll always land on the gate when warping out, and can immediately jump out.
  • If you’re not in a kickout station, there’s hostiles on the undock, and you don’t have instant undocks set up, just hit ctrl-space and nothing else (don’t activate mods, just stop your ship). If you do this, you’ll have a brief period of invulnerability. Thus, you can just wait for the session change timer to go away, and then re-dock.
  • You can save space by reprocessing cheaper, high volume stuff (such as T1 frigs and destroyers), you will lose some value, but it’s not like reprocessing faction ships, and you can save a butt ton of space.
  • Don’t forget about your frigate escape bays.
  • In this particular instance, it’s not a terrible idea to slap a bunch of cargohold expanders on ships that you’re manually flying out, and then fill them with crap. Just make sure to have a scout on the other side of the gate if you’re overloading the ships with too much value. You don’t want to safely get out of the invaded system just to get ganked on the other side. Regardless, once you get your stuff out, you can then transfer it to properly tanked freighters and DST’s.
  • Don’t forget to follow safe hauling practices once you get out of the invaded system.
  • Making friends with the trig rats might make moving a little easier, but will make EDENCOM hate you, which can make travel through EDENCOM systems risky. Personally, I recommend staying neutral to Edencom, and just waiting for any trigs sitting on the station to leave.

This fit goes 9,000 m/s and costs 10 mil. It’s great for making off-grid instant undocks.

Summary

[Punisher, Bookmark Maker]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Okay, I think that’s everything.

5 Likes

I would really appreciate if CCP would just say what’s going on. Why should I pick a side without knowing the consequences?

speak for yourself yogi
yogi-running

2 Likes

Spite? The character I’m using the most for PVE these days (not this one), got decapitated by Trigs and then decided to shoot back, helping for a couple hours to slaughter Trigs in invasion systems.

So I’m now firmly on the side of EDENCOM by default. By an incredibly +0.03 Standing. That’s the power of half-assing your standing grind!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.