Invasion knowledge share

No matter how much fun it is it is not worth doing if there is not enough reward to cover the losses.

1 Like

Don’t have losses? As long as you are flying smart the only real losses here is ammo.

I completely disagree. Fun is by far more valuable.

3 Likes

I completely support Jessica_Khan & disagree with Xuxe Xu.

Explanation:
a) if the losses are not covered, you will run out of ISK and then the fun is over
b) in my opinion, if at the end of the month my ISK wallet , my assets, have not been increased but reduced by losses without adequate compensation i have NO fun

2 Likes

I don’t mind paying for my fun, the problem is the disease of expecting everything for free IMHO.

2 Likes

I had the most fun in the “white dwarf” event, where I lost several ships ( most events I lose one at max ship).

If you expect an event to bring you money and fun… sorry then everybody will be competing for it and the values will be worthless.

So, they do scram.

1200 DPS sounds impressive for a ship that size. Or is that a large sized ship? Sorry for my ignorance. I haven’t seen one in the wild. I want to buy one so I can use the Rasta skin on that ship! :jamaica: :upside_down_face:

My two bits would be, to caution you to have the very best shielding you can muster. The experience I have had so far is their being able to peel away my shields at an alarming rate. I was victorious, but only just, and had to get repaired at the station next to me ASAP! It (Oh yes I was in a well fitted Praxis. Not sure what kind of damage it deals. I am not at my computer sorry.)

Note that when I left the station there were around 6 of them waiting for me to undock, ambush style! Using my afterburners, in order to break free of their webbifiers and warp disrupters, I was able to jump to the gate that brought me out of trouble. I was still surprised to see them there. It was like the three I had blown to H E double hockey sticks, had called for reinforcements before they were destroyed and so these ‘reinforcements‘ knew where to find me! If that is the case, I am impressed with level of programming/thought that went into this invasion!

I found it very unusual that some of their ships had several disintegrators on board. Now if you have bought and fit up their ships, and I have, you know that each ship only fits one disintegrator of various size in the high slot!? So I am not sure how some of the ships are using 3-4 disintegrators at a time!? I only mention it because when one of the ships with multiple disintegrators fires on you, your shields melt away. So without question, target and destroy these ships first or you can count your ship goodbye. Long before you even get a chance to have any fun. LOL :rocket:

1 Like

1200 EHP/s tank for thermal and explosive damage. finally I have bought a much cheapper loki fit, 630 dps, 950 EHP/s, anyway here are the fitings:

[Tengu, Invasion 2]

Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II

Pith X-Type Explosive Deflection Field
Pith A-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
Pith B-Type Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Dark Blood Stasis Webifier
10MN Afterburner II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Salvager I

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization

[Loki, invasion barato]

Domination Large Shield Booster
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Pith A-Type Explosive Deflection Field
Pith C-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
10MN Afterburner II

Expanded Probe Launcher II
220mm Medium Carbine Repeating Cannon I, Republic Fleet Fusion M

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Loki Core - Immobility Drivers
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Defense Node
Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration
Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter

Salvage Drone I x5

1 Like

I was at the invasion near to Hek yesterday, there were a good number of pilots hunting trigs, when I finally found a group of trig that were not being farmed a golem landed one minute after. In the system were only 9 pilots in that moment. I could not figth solo so I could not test the tank of my loki properly.

The few wreks I could access where very poor in loot and salvage. The salvage were components for T2 trig ships.

The trig ships moves very fast, even webified and remote repair armor each others. One frig took me a lot of voleis for that reason, and because it was moving at 600 m/s webified.

The best way fo find trigs is by d-scan and with combat probes after that, because some times they are like 8000 km away from the nearest warpable location…

After all that party It was not a fun experience, because I could not fight solo, and the other pilots fleets were overkill, by a lot. It was interesting anyway.

1 Like

any channels I need to join to get an invite for fleets ?

Spent a few hours on the Invasions last night, so here is some more info for the Hivemind.

• Fleet spawn rates look as though they were nerfed and are REALLY disappointing now. Perimeter and adjacent system it was very rare to find a fleet.
  • Foothold systems now have conduits. Random triggers will spawn waves from the conduits, finishing them off (I wasn’t able to figure out which key rat or condition gave credit) grants a DED payout.
  • In ~4 hours of fighting I didn’t see a single Zorya
  • Ninja salvaging is still very much a thing
  • The rats didn’t seem to hit nearly as hard and didn’t rep as fast.

In general, sadly the payout and consistency is really poor given the logistics needed for this content. Finding rats to kill was a consistent problem and while there were other player fleets in the system with us it simply seemed their were about 50%+ less spawns than last week.

I noticed the same thing yesterday but on Tuesday after DT it was the exact opposite.

In a perimeter system I got dunked by a large fleet with Leshaks and anchoring Kikis which never happened prior to Tuesday.

Then yesterday it was what seemed even even weaker than when the invasion started.

Maybe I’m missing something but I thought the Invasions were meant to ramp up in difficulty but looks like they’re now much easier in Phase 2? Most I could find yesterday was one battlecruiser, no battleships at all… mostly frigates…

it becasme more difficult … to find BS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve never found it hard to find BS in EVE. :wink:

6 Likes

Each Invasion Fleet of five members needs to have its own Command Ship.

This is what I am running:

You definitely need a command ship for the Invasions.

I am running a Proteus fit with:

3x salvager + 3 T1 salvage rigs for up close wrecks ( having an AB is needed as well)
5 x Salvage Drones for long range wrecks
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher w/ 5 Sisters Combat Probes
Covert Ops Cloak
Shield Command Burst w / Shield Harmonizing Charges
2x Neutron Blasters w/ Null
TII Webber

Basically an Invasion Command and Fleet Support Ship

The probes are easy too use.

1. Simply cloak up and scan the Triglavian ships down.
  2. Then warp the fleet allowing only the tankiest ship to warp in by doing a Fleet Warp to the Triglavian ship that you probed down and bookmarked. ** This will require all of the fleet members except the Warp In Tank, stopping their warp manually.
  3. When the WIT has landed, he or she will give the call to warp to them at 10km.
  4. Rest of the fleet then warps to the WIT.

Or…

You can warp your cloaked TIII to the probed down ship at 10km and then call the fleet in. Which ever tactic that you use the Command Ship will be responsible for the following:

1. Calling targets in order of presidence, anchoring, starving, renewing, tangling and the ghosting depending on what you have in your fleet.

2. The Command Ship is the Salvage Ship for the fleet so you will have to manage broadcasting targets, using drones and ship salvager’s and command bursts all at the same time.

To speed tank Triglavian spawns do the following:

1. Find the first spawn and employ either tactic 1 or 2 to get the fleet started.
  2. While multi-tasking the other actions listed above probe down the next spawn site when three Triglavian ships are left on the field.
  3. Using the WIT ship, warp it to the next spawn site and then have the other ships warp to it once it has landed.
  4. Finish salvaging and then join the fleet, then repeat the same tactic to ensure your fleet gets as much salvage as possible.

Remember wrecks are free to salvage…

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed anything different after DT regarding the invasions?

Talking about their improved Explosive resistance?

Anything at all? Phase update? Conduits? I haven’t noticed anything in the perimeter systems.