Invasions are trapping and one shotting noobs

These new invasions has a lot of potential to make a lot of isk, like how they’re designed, but something has me scratching my head, these things will attack you at the stargates if you’re just passing by, and that’s no big deal, just light them up, but i’m seeing bad things having a lot of new players in my corp, where these invasions are mere jumps away from noob systems, where noobs are getting one shotted trying to do the career agents, having that said, this is really bad for the overall game that could use a tweaking, unless ccp wants to start losing new players to these invasions, the invasions AI needs tweaked in such a way that it doesn’t just kill anything that jumps through, look at it through a noob’s perspective, a mission tells you to transport these goods to this system, you warp through an invasion 2-4 jumps from your career agent, and you get killed without warning, something needs to be done about this so that noobs aren’t just cut off from exploring the universe being untrained, defenseless, an inexperienced, i’ve had 4 new players already lose everything they have just trying to warp across the gates, maybe have a 30 sec attacking timer before it starts attacking someone randomly? then attack any player that attacks it? that’s just one possible tweak

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s messed up.

Are they doing Autopilot from gate to gate? If so then they need to do manual jump from gate to gate.

4 Likes

nope, they were just warping through to transport mission loot lost ships twice for one person

3 Likes

I mentioned that to falcon in few first days after invasions tarted but they seams to ignore.

@CCP_Falcon?

1 Like

typical, they’ll do something about it once their new player count drops like a rock, really and truly, invasions needs to be a 0.6 or 0.5 thing

2 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something here, if they’re doing manual jump from gate to gate then they shouldn’t be targeted and destroyed.

5 Likes

if I remember correctly there is a big ol popup that warns them they are about to enter a sector being invaded. I’d argue the cool factor for newish players is more important than the players that aren’t paying attention.

New player “woah this is cool and scary, I want to help fight” > New player 'herp de derp didn’t read"

6 Likes

Tell that to rookies where Aura says to use autopilot…

11 Likes

They will target you on manual jump. If you are flying something with a terrible align speed you can get popped.

2 Likes

shouldn’t but they are, i’ve trialed through invasion space myself, they do target you instantly and vigorously from my experience, some gates will sometimes have elite snipers

1 Like

Yeah, that definitely needs to be changed.

LOL just imagine the market disruptions as well in freighters and orcas

1 Like

True, but those are usually piloted by older players, not brand new players.

There are no anchorings at the gates, so a freighter or orca have no issues.

2 Likes

■■■■■■■■ it’s not, if they’re one shotting noobs, they’re definitely scramming freighters as well

1 Like

There are no scrams on gates, only in conduits. If you have a hearty align time and **** tank, liek a newbie in a T1 hauler with no tank, they could pop you on a gate.

4 Likes

exactly my point

2 Likes

Wait you’re transporting inventory without scouting first? what if there was a real player camp in one of those gates? Would it make a difference if an invasion camped it instead?

Yes, tell rookies that are one hour in game to use scouts…

The point above is just to show that trigs have inst lock and huge dps if big group is at gate. Some low tanked ships (like rookie ships or haulers) sometimes cant survive alpha shoot. Also, at early tutorial and when traveling to career agents Aura says to rookies to use autopilot…

5 Likes

6k tank, align of less than lots and no problem

They web to make it easier and dont scram

1 Like