Invasions are trapping and one shotting noobs

FYI you can’t warp into an invasion system or undock from a station in an invasion system without clicking through the warning. AKA if they are dying to Trigs they aren’t paying attention and\or receiving a learning experience.

8 Likes

I say it’s a proper introduction to eve.

Darn…you mean everything isn’t fair? :frowning:

If a soldier has been a soldier for three days or three years they can get killed the same.

If someone quits over that, they would quit EvE anyway.

OP, are you not replacing all your new players lose? Their corp helping them out in their distress factors into retention a lot more than any game mechanics.

4 Likes

This.

To recap:

• They have to be in a slow align time ship
  • They have to be nearly untanked
  • They have to not read the warning

This player likely will not be playing long due to getting ganked repeatedly.

Now the player that grabs a combat ship and jumps into the Invasion and gets his face murdered off is now introduced to a content goal. he will look forward to joining others and getting revenge on some NPCs. This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more valuable.

3 Likes

I thought PVE events was what the bears wanted.

You can never please the bears, it’s always more more more.

8 Likes

This is why chasing newbies is a fools errand. All those war dec changes, huge mess, high sec counters to bad behavior lost.

and what?

Were are all those supposed newbies that are now playing?

1 Like

Its been clearly noted in game, with a big popup about entering dangerous systems.

There’s a warming message for lowsec and for trig invasion systems.

If a player click the message and accepts, them they have accepted the fact they may dead by entering this system.

If they failed to read the message and just clicked so they can get on with the mission, that’s their problem and shows a lack of patience, a very common trait of younger players.

Its not CCP’s fault, it’s not the events fault, it’s the players fault for ether not reading the warming popup, or not understanding the warming.

1 Like

incursions dont appear in constellations with starter systems… why not the same for invasions? Sometimes the agent sends the noobs to invaded systems and they have no other possibility. or make that the rats on gate only shoot when shot first or so

3 Likes

Saying that doesn’t make it true. There’s a reason why CCP made all the rookie starter systems protected, because new players are still trying to figure out how to play the game

And your analogy about Military service is incorrect. All Military branches require all new recruits to attend Basic Training for a specific amount of time before being placed into active duty. Here in USA the various branches of the Military have Basic Training from 7 to 12 weeks.

Army Basic Combat Training = 10 weeks Duration
Marine Corps Recruit Training = 12 weeks Duration
Navy Boot Camp = 7-9 weeks Duration
Air Force Basic Military Training = 8.5 weeks Duration
Coast Guard Recruit Training = 8 weeks Duration

1 Like

Yes it is CCP’s fault. They can easily code the Invasion content to not spawn in the Rookie systems they have listed here:

1 Like

Those systems are 1.0 systems.

Players have to take responsiblity for their own actions and discussions.

I know these days it’s easier to point blame at someone else for your own mistakes, but it take a wiser mind to accept you’ve made an mistake and learn from it.

They haven’t spawned in the starter or career agent systems.

1 Like

All the invasions do is tell me is that I am weak and need to increase my skills.

2 Likes

They’re not all 1.0 systems.

The system security level doesn’t matter anyway.

The list of Rookie systems is more than just the Starter and Career Agent systems.

So you also want them to not spawn in any systems that also get to the SOE epic arc systems?

At what point is it ok for people that join the game, to actually experience the game?

No wonder new players leave. No one wants them to actually play EVE. Just some even softer version of it that has no challenge and provides no accomplishment by overcoming anything.

8 Likes

“put it in Null and Low, thats for PvP anyway”

2 Likes

Hey, CCP made that list of Rookie systems.

Seems you guys are all for chasing new players away from the game before they even learn how to operate their ships.

No wonder this game has bad new player retention.

2 Likes

How is allowing players that join EVE, the opportunity to experience the game through PVE, chasing them away?

They learn to operate their ships in the NPE, which also introduces them to PVE based combat. By the time they get out of the warp disrupt field they start in, they’ve seen and been part of a fleet based combat event, shot NPCs, looted wrecks, lost a ship (I think that is true, but might be mistaken on that), have navigated to different points in system, etc.

How are they not prepared to accept the game environment to get from one system to another?

2 Likes

Your sounding like a whiny Carebear, everyone dies in every mmo they start off in in the beginning… It’s either learn from it or quit…

Your kinda coming off as one of those “everyone deserves a trophy” people. Killing rookies will either inspire them to do better and ask questions… Or quit…

Eve is meant to be hard, stop crying and adapt.

1 Like

And you’re sounding just like a griefer who enjoys killing Rookies.

FYI, I didn’t post this thread so stop trying to make it out that I’m all up in arms about this Invasion crap. It hasn’t affected my gameplay one bit.

If the Invasion causes even more decline in log-in numbers, that’s on CCP…

1 Like

When was the last time you did the NPE? That content is no where near the level of the Invasion NPC’s. Nor does it really explain how to operate the ship let alone properly fit it.

1 Like