Is EVE actually dying?

Eve allows PvP everywhere. Any new version of Eve would eliminate that feature and thereby fail to recreate the spirit of the game.

They would probably make it a lot simpler/dumber at the same time.

2 Likes

is it 20k IPs or 20k accounts?!? this makes a big diffrence!!!

100% agree, one of the core elements of a good sandbox mmo is player freedom and player freedom is also about attacking other players! if they remove pvp from the game u can be sure to lose 50% of the current playerbase!

EVE Offline is not CCP run, so it can only be accounts.
However the average of accounts to players has held steady between about 1.5 & 1.7 accounts per player over the time CCP have announced such things. So it is reasonably comparable to previous numbers to indicate number of players.

sry i dont get it

if its just accounts that gets shown in the current online Status than we have less than 10k ips since most people i know have 2-5 accounts

atm im the only guy i know of who just plays one char (this is the truth, not trolling or anything)

anyone here who just plays with only one account/char?

No, we don’t know that.
You are coming up with wild assumptions here, you are also assuming that people with multiple accounts log them all in at the same time.
Since the average players to accounts number has been relatively the same for most/all of EVE’s lifetime, then the number of players to accounts is going to be relatively constant so the PCU’s can be compared. You can’t claim that the PCU now is five times worse than the PCU a while back ‘because those accounts represent less players’ because there is no evidence to suggest this is true.

in the last 5minutes i saw Players with over 10chars gate Camping! and yes im 100% sure that its just one player because they all had the same Name and the same look lol and i see alot of this stuff happen, its just wierd to me but yea its becoming a meta Thing in alot of todays mmos sadly

also in my old corp i was the only player with just one account/one char and alot of em told me to get more account because eve online is a multibox game so i guess there will be much more Players in eve who use several accounts at the same time!

i do not make any claims im just telling u my opinion, if it makes u butthurt…. close ur eyes!

Maybe, just maybe, CCP actually have better figures than any individual players personal beliefs based on a tiny snapshot of the game, you know, just a thought that CCP might actually know their own games numbers.
If you want to go around calling CCP’s figures a lie, well this conversation is pretty much over because you’ve just become irrational at that point.

when did i say any of this? are u on drugs?

i just said my opinion on alts and if its true that the statistic is accounts and not ips than ‘‘im’’ sure that the Population is only half the number that is shown to us!

i never said ccp doesnt know more than i do, i never said ccp is lying or anything of this!
bro take a break xD

CCP have said the number of players to accounts is about 1.7 last I knew.
Then consider that not all those players with multiple accounts will have them all logged in at once.
Now take a new look at your claims of the population being less than half the PCU…
And consider why I might be saying you are claiming CCP are lying.

1 Like

Its connected clients.

since im strong against multiboxing idk how it works in eve so i ask can i run several chars over 1 client?
or do i need to run several clients to play several Chars at the same time?

You have a non sequitur here. The people you know have multiple accounts, fine. But that doesn’t mean that the average logged-in player has multiple accounts.

i never said that all eve online players do multiboxing but sofar im the only player i know of who plays one char at a time, all the Players i met ingame and also some of my rl Friends who playd the game all had atleast 2 Chars or even more running at the same time, also i saw some really hardcore examples like one dude with 28chars… that was extreme and looked so wierd in local lol

this is just my experience and ofcourse it doesnt mean that everyone does that but in my experience and in my opinion its seems like the majority clearly does that! u can ofcourse prove me wrong! :slight_smile:

Are these the same RL friends who quit because they couldn’t leave newbie stations… or the ones you couldn’t convince to play in the first place.
Your RL friends and what they do seems to be shifting a lot.

3 Likes

lol pls stop trolling

my Friends who got me into eve where hardcore Players who playd this game over 10years, most of em quit the game due how it changed over the years

the guys i tried to get into this game never playd eve before so they were true newbs

Calling you out on your inconsistent story isn’t trolling.

Also http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Sv_ipVgRxMA/Vejw620vM1I/AAAAAAAAAM8/xeYjrqOQNOo/s1600/250%2B%232.png

If you don’t like the graph, find more recent FACTS that are official that disagree.

u and ur lover scoots are the biggest trolls in these forums everyone knows that :smiley: funny fact is,this was one of the first things i learnd about eve LOL

but it also shows that the community is still great and sticks together and cares about their new players thank you guys :slight_smile:

i will stop feeding u both now dont wanna make people angry :smiley:

edit:

sry i cant resist but why are u gettin so butthurt about the topic server population?

and what does the graph tell us now? does it tell me now that the server status is wrong and the 20k Chars that get shown are 40k in reallity?! i dont get it, but im sure u do :slight_smile:

One client can only have one logged in character at any given time.

so lets say the server pop status shows us 100players online and i log in with my lets say 10chars it will Show 110 in the pop status right?

As long as none of those ten characters are on the same account.