Is EVE actually dying?

oh sry i still dont get it Right

i can run several Chars over the same account but not over the same client? sry im a bit tired :smiley:

If you log in a second character from the same account, the server will dis-connect the first character immediately.

As well, if you mistakenly log into the same character a second time, the first session is terminated.

1 Like

If you want to log in more than one character at one time, you need multiple accounts running on multiple clients.

And they have to be subbed as Omega.

EDIT:
Not sure what multiple clients means, you can run one character from multiple Omega accounts on just one computer.

1 Like

yes one acc atm been running it for over a year, but new comp coming at the end of this month so i shall sub another and have 2 acc’s running simultaneously.

I quit playing when i saw them start to go pay to win. The thing i loved about eve online is that you were better at the game the longer you played. The longer you played, the more advantage you had over another player. A group of veterans would just spank a group of newer-players. Whats the point now? What drove me to play eve is that i wanted to be the best. I wanted to be better then anyone else at my level. If anyone can do anything as long as they have money, kind of defeats the purpose of all the time i spent saving up money and training skills doesn’t it? i played even online for 5 years strait, almost everyday, and i refuse to play the game now. They are pushing away veteran players, to try and keep the newer players. They want to get as much money as possible in the short run. Its a shame. I imagine that as the game goes on over the years, the older players will leave, they will make more and more changes to try to satisfy the babies… Untill one day, eve will no longer be eve. Its a shame really.

1 Like

this sounds really depressing :confused:

but i agree, p2w is cancer and a death sentence to any good mmo!

It was always P2W, just a protracted one that meant dumping hundreds into the game over a year or so get finally get basic skills good enough to actually compete with other players. Shortening that timeline actually brings more balance.

1 Like

Eve is stagnant, and stagnation comes from peace. But, peace is more profitable.

2 Likes

I used it in the context of software client that is launched that connects to the server, TQ or Sisi.
Nothing to do with OS or computer system(s).

1 Like

Of course Eve is dying, like always.

what is dead may never die!
EVE ONLINE FOREVER!

2 Likes

It’s really not the game that is dying.
It’s the player base. Though not actually a physical death - though there have been Eve players old enough to pass on due to age. On a more unfortunate note, as time goes on, some players fall ill and lose to that too.
What is actually dying is the MMO player. There is no interest in it any more. Though more so no more interest in “grind”. Quick gratification is the way the game of life is being played these days. There are a lot of other PVP-related games where you can be PVPing within 30 minutes of installing the client. Possibly we here look down on such a thing in our grind-to-PVP/Advance play. I don’t say that one thing is better than the other here.
The beginning of the end, IMO, was World of Tanks and maybe on the same vector Halo: Reach. The former allowed customization of skills and gear - without the grind, and the latter allowed customization of gear based on credits earned from playing. The customization of skills and gear were huge hits with WoW. Heck just about every woman I knew who played WoW were huge into the customization of their “toon” appearance though I knew one who reskilled one toon 40 times.
Eve chugged on with its harcore player base, this “grind to get where you want” basis, be it simply advancement, PVP, fame, fortune, space bling, or whatever it was that was floating your boat. Literally.
Eve is not going to die for lack of merit though. While tiericide I think was a disaster that stifled creative gameplay, the game looks and plays better than ever. The options are astronomical and we can intend the pun with that too.
But sadly the golden age is behind us. If we could take the features of Eve today back into say 2009-2011 and show players what Eve in 2019 was going to look like, they would probably die from “nerdgasm”. But all this greatness seems wasted on a player base that only wants quick gratification and some strange kind of “krabism” that has taken over. Turns out the goons’ strength was farmers, not scrappy fighters looking for lols all along. That kind of takes the wind out of the sails.
And with all content boiling down to the same old farming, plus the dumbification of exploration and reduction of that and everything to farming and krabbing at every turn, it feels more like a very detailed browser game now. Heck Eve is probably one of the best time-waster games around. Far better than those others whose banner ads and “click to skip” videos on youtube we ignore all of the time. But not that much better.
It’s kind of sad but I can’t blame CCP or the developers. I Would not like being a developer for CCP these days for I would feel like my work was wasted.
Hopefully someday MMOs will have the same kind of community that WoW and Eve had back around 2004 - 2009. I won’t hold my breath but the memories are still good to have and be thankful for, at least.

9 Likes

I agree, but trends are coming and going, and I have the feeling that we are over the peak of the „instant gratification“ trend.
Having said this, I hope CCP and EVE will survive long enough until it will be back in trend, as then glorious times will come again.
I expect this to happen within the next 5 years.

2 Likes

I have been playing everquest for 18 years eve since 2004, 2008 on this mule. I see the same pew pew on eq fourms has well all the doomsday Bs… if CCP wasnt making money like daybreak they would shut it down… players come and players go.

2 Likes

So, in four months this tread is going to be two years old right?
Will eve be dead then? :o

3 Likes

Clears throat.

EVE ONLINE FOREVER!

thank you.

o/

2 Likes

This thread is so old, Salvos posted in it.

3 Likes

I recall in 2006, 2015 and even today… the average online has always been not far off 16k on at anytime. I’d have thought we’d be in the millions by now.

Eve is absolutely dying, and its down right stupidity to say other wise.

here is a few important metrics to prove this.

Eve’s peak population was around 65,000
Eves Average online from 2016 to 2017 was around 35,000
Eve’s Average online from 2017 to 2018 was around 33,000
Eve’s average online from 2018 to 2019 was 27,000
Eve’s highest peak online for a year (2013) was 48,000
Last year the average peak online was 33,00
This year, the average peak online is 29,000.

From what it seems ccp peddles two positions, that “eve’s retention rates are really bad” and “that eve is steady”.

We know that the first is false because other wise the games population rates above would reflect growth. and we know the second statement is definitely false because the server metric data (provided above) shows that eve has lost over 40% of its total population.

This means over 40% (Minimum) of the population is gone. It also shows us that

We also learn
in 2017, 5% Of the population left (by 2018)
In 2018, 6% of the population left (by 2019)
in 2019, 18% of the population left (by 2020)

This means that eve is dying around 9.6% per a year.

Its my belief that ccp_hellmar is intentionally playing with player population rates by having things like the “Steam events” where he claims that “Eve grew” or “Eve’s population s growing”.

he does this by having these events, then a few months later when it is forgotten, makes a statement like “eve’s population is growing, because this year this many more accounts were made” Eve though all the data to show that is alts created in those periods.

Any person from corporate investigating this would easily find this point, and he’s be in big trouble, likely for fraud.

TO any intelligent person really watching this data it’s clear t hat eve is not growing in the slightest, as as time progresses the spam of alts will become more and more clear, as will the “evil” and bad nature of people in the game.

On this i’d like to end with a statement for ccp, its current ceo (hellmar) and all people

“when you build something with a good foundation, its destiny is good, and when you build it with an evil foundation, its destiny is evil”.

Even can never recover until its foundation is corrected. Eve exists as an encouragement to evil action because the leader of the game itself, is, as demonstrated evil. I often think he is a scammer himself, and his mastermind plan is to use ccp as a demonstration to the world that corporations are evil. The only question i have is, is he doing it to shine a light on the evil itself, or to show that evil can be done.

2 Likes