Is EVE actually dying?

phyco

3 Likes

Oh look, your back peddling your false narrative again. (Also, Spelling peoples names right, Spellchecking your posts, and that sort of thing is a really great idea)

EVE has never had a sustained population of 65k. That was a single login event where the Devs encouraged everyone to log in every character they could in order to set a record.

Also…

WTF are you talking about here.
You come up with weird statements like this that mean nothing.
If you want to talk about new accounts being made, go and actually look at the data rather than spinning utter tripe. The data clearly shows that we are getting far far more new accounts made now, with a sizable bump after alpha’s were introduced, and another sizeable bump further along.

And then you go on about ‘Good & Evil’. Which… is clearly delusional now. You need to step back and breathe about this stuff.

2 Likes

Hey look its my old bud nevy, who cant read.
Lets walk through this…

Now…
Who said eve sustained 65k?

1 Like

Lets get to the point
If the population average (concurrent player base) was 35,000 two years ago, 33,000 a year ago, and 27,000 this year)

Is the game growing, or dying?

1 Like

If you want to bring a number into it, it has to actually be relatable to other numbers you are using.
If it’s not a sustained number, it’s irrelevant when compared to other sustained numbers.

You know it’s not a binary answer right.
A contraction of the player base does not equal death or dying.
Also where are you pulling this 27000 BS number from? Considering you came out with 29000 just a couple of posts ago.

P.S. Learn to actually use one post to reply.

1 Like

Any new players not familiar with @Naari_Naarian should read then and stay well clear of him…

2 Likes

Really guys…
Naarian just shut up about it.

But if you and Nevyn want to argue it go research back some time in 2011.
At on epoint that year CCP said they had over 500,000 players, with about 3.5 million Characters created and being used in game.

If you guys want a base to argue about that would be the one, go and figure out if we have more less than 500k players since 2011 in 2019.

That has already been done by someone a few years ago by analysing CCP’s financial statements.
They came out to a guess between 350k-400k players.
So yeah, we’ve had a probable player drop. I don’t think anyone at all is arguing that we’ve kept peak player numbers.

1 Like

No.

I enjoy making sure people know the truth about eve, that it is dying. The faster people know this, the sooner we can get to working out why, and actually start correctly the abuse and bad design positions and lies being peddled to keep the game afloat.

Eve cannot heal as long as we are sitting here dealing with lying, troll dev/staff alts.

Like i said, they can do that for the next decade, but in the end they are just spouting stupidity as the game dies. near two decades of development on this position has shown that eve will not go anywhere as long as these forms of what can only be summed up as “criminal mindsets” are the key focus of development.

1 Like

And this is why you are delusional, and probably should be banned from EVE, because you are making libellous statements aimed at CCP designed purely to hurt CCP.

3 Likes

Actually his wishing for a new server or additional server to seperate TQ into sections is probably more disastrous.

2 Likes

While eve historically has been unshared, if data shows that people want to “restart” it may be good for the future of the game and ultimately ccp as a company to go that way.

That is the point i was making. Personally, I favor un-sharded games. I am not advocating that is my position as much as i am advocating that we should pay attention to this as a way to formulate if the skill training is to long and the reason for major retention drop offs.

If you thin about ti skill point bonus events are big, and ccp tracks them as being important.
They seem to provide weight to this, and the position that training time are to long, which subsequently makes people feel like “they can never catch up” which leaves to leaving the game.

Yes. Eve is really dying.

EVE has been dying since '08 and '09 when I was logging in during EST primetime and seeing 50k+ people logged into TQ on average.

2 Likes

yes it is dying. when you watch lets plays for games like rust or dayz, it is insanely fun and exciting. the skill gap between noobies and veterans isnt as large as in eve. in contrast, a noob in eve might need to wait MONTHS to earn the sp and isk to adequately fly a t3 destroyer. if they want to fly a titan in a fleet it will take YEARS. some people will literally die before they get to enjoy eve’s endgame.

If you want to fly a titan tomorrow you can…just have the ISK for it. You aren’t entitled to anything you want in EVE just because; you either need to work towards that goal or spend towards that goal.

While Rust is a fantastic game, it’s a bit silly to compare it to EVE…

2 Likes

Just because you CAN fly a T3 destroyer doesn’t mean you should. SP isn’t what makes you better, playing and learning does.

And being able to fly a Titan isn’t endgame lol

4 Likes

Yes, and that’s why we love it. Comparing rust and dayz to eve is like comparing chess to monopoly, completely dumb.

2 Likes

This forum is for EVE.

Good riddance.

1 Like