Is EVE actually dying?

Calm down and go blown stuff up. Many battles are being fought and you just might find your Shite in asset safety while you argue.

Alphas are killing eve REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jk, alphas are beginning to be the spine of eve.

1 Like

CCP has already tried selling. Noone wanted it. So no, there won’t be a Disney or EA. When this ship tanks, it tanks forever.

Thats not entirely true. From what was glemeed one of CCP’s share holders tried to sell its shares, not the company. but meh

Actually, that is not correct. EVE has had its ups and downs, but it grew quite well in the beginning, and at one point even tremendously.

Then things changed. EVE the game flattened, dipped, entered slow curves, ending up mostly stable. But at several points along the line with increased costs.

That ended when CCP started to focus again on it as a product. At that point EVE the product started to yield higher revenues and much more stable revenue cycles.

It’s a bit of a mismatch, but at the same time it is balanced. EVE yields more even though it doesn’t really grow in terms of active demographics. One of the big lessons is that active demographics means a lot less than what it once did.

The meme of EVE is dying actually comes from much earlier days. Beta :slight_smile: Server stability, at times rearing its head over the years. After the Nibelungen laser drama the meme changed.

I remember when we hit 5k peeps online at once…and off to the EVE-O forums everyone went to spew their view EVE is going to die because the single shard server will never ever haqndle the stress and fire. flaming hamsters and pie.

Then all of a sudden we spiked and hit 10k…and same crap all over again…then it dipped to about 8k and oh my god eve is dying, the new patch killed EVE. OMG THE FLAILING ARMS AND THINK OF THE PODS!!!

At least one thing that didn’t die, is all the prognosticators that couldn’t find their ass with both hands and flash light.

1 Like

Wake up, “Eve is expanding and growing”.

1 Like

Like a layer of swamp slime.

The server population has been relatively stable over the past 3 years. No, EVE is not dying.

1 Like

Seriously? Another one? One of these threads ws just locked.

NO, people have been whining about this for twelve years. It’s not dying. Go home.

1 Like

Stable is not a positive.

If a game flatlines, it means it is neither gaining nor losing players. Just slogging on with nothing to attract new players. Or if it does attract new ones, it is offset by the old ones leaving.

Pointing out that the games population is stable is an insult aimed at CCP. There is no way to interpret lack of growth as a positive.

So is EVE dying? Yes. Yes it is.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Only in your imagination.
Reality is if F2P wasn’t introduced eve would already been offline.

While EVE has been high on alts, it’s now primarily alts

There are literally not enough players left to have subscription cover the costs, making skins and other microtransactions a critical aspect of the game

1 Like

And that is rason of shitty maintence, broken servers and uninventive new content, but we have “uncle” Falcon and his paid trolls on forum to convince us that is everything OK.

This is true, it’s a cascade of failures (from the players viewpoint)

Most likely it has not been a company goal to make a good game since a long way back.

I don’t wanna sound like a negative dicks but really though, to me CCP is kind of a scam company.

The failing of all the numerous projects was understood before they started, these were clever and elaborate lies to seem relevant enough for players to invest time and money.

Dust 514 is an excellent example, not only did they trick everyone with a fake revolutionary concept that was in reality an of the shelve shooter destined to fail.
They even got a bag of cash from sony to pull it off.

The walking in space thing seemed like a long awaited addition, it was however supposed to be a ticket out of EVE for the company.
They developed that technology for a different game, funded by eve subscriptions.
Not just the walking but the whole fancy shoes nonsense too.

Don’t expect it to get better as there is not such a plan.
They will lie with a straight face to tell you otherwise though.

They haven’t been able to change pos code for many many years, do you think anybody in the world has the capability to fix what they have done to the game instead. (without a stop in sight)
I wouldn’t bet too much on it honestly.

Edit: Props to the marketing team though, these guys are the best in their field and i’ve watched many of their work in awe

3 Likes

Alphas and bots are slowly but surely turning Tranquility into Serenity.

So much ISK is being printed in null-sec that it is far past the point when any player has a chance of influencing anything. You either rat, mine or mission. Aside from the social aspect there’s little point in any activity.

3 Likes

Twenty five days later… and this line caught my eye and made me spill my beer.

Amused… and cleaning… Gadget

2 Likes

WOOD FOR SHEEP, BEESH!

–Sheep Hording Gadget

2 Likes

Lol good one. However staying poor is one of the signs that you are a stupid.

You “EVE is dying” people don’t even bother keeping up with what’s going on at CCP do you?

In 2017 CCP made the most money they’ve ever made, breaking their record profits and pulling in $86 Million in Revenue, $21M in profits.

CCP has literally never been doing better.

On the forums of literally every single game ever made, there is someone crying ‘the sky is falling!’ because the game doesn’t work the way they want it to. It’s got nothing to do with EVE, just a small minority of people that think the world revolves around them and if they’re not catered to, their gravity will fail and the world will go flying off into the void of space.

1 Like

EVE is slowly dying, as are we all.

Nothing lasts for ever.

Enjoy it as best you can while it lasts.

If you enjoy another game or doing something else more, it would be foolish to not go do that instead then.

3 Likes