Is EvE for you?

I’m old enough to do research and make up mind about anything I read.
Again, thank you, but your help isn’t needed here.

1 Like

No problem.

Feel free to comm me any time if you change your mind.

2 Likes

I used to spend a lot of time thinking along these lines. Then I started acting as a community leader/ recruiter/ director…then I realized its highly pretentious of me to assert my impression of this game as the proper way to play.

Attitudes like this have been represented by the highest levels of leadership in the game including the Devs and the CSM. The irony is there is likely a lot of truth in what you call ‘proper game mechanics’, a truth that will get lost in the attitude that you have things all figured out and you just need to instruct the ill informed public.

Why don’t you just play the game your way and let others discover and play Eve their way — thats how it used to be in the old days when alliance logos were low res and we only had 32 bit architecture.

2 Likes

eve is for gamers who want to play a real mmorpg!

all of the other mmos (most of em) are scam and not real mmos anymore! anti social solo games were u get the best item with the help of ur credit card!

back in the day when we had real mmos we had to work together and earn every item in a big team against hard enemy with no wiki or youtube! it was all on trial and error!! u felt progression with every little thing u got! u felt really good! sometimes we were 10-20 People just trying to kill one enemy to have the little chance to get this one good item,… and who gets this item? NOONE CARED! because it was all about THE FUN TO BE PART OF SOMETHING and not about the loot!

also the feeling of losing it in pvp made u hate ur enemy and this hate gave us many great and giant pvp battles!

These games had real emotions!!!

mmos today are solo games without any soul, made for spoild brats!
solo games without any social interaction, which cost money each month!

this is scam…. and worst and sad thing is,… it seems to work with todays gamer generation :open_mouth: !!!

Hey if you already got all that help with these imaginary problems, then why are you whining about it in your off-topic posts?

Oh wait… you’re trolling. Gotcha

2 Likes

You’re a solo gal?

Anyway, what changes and or game content has CCP made in the past couple of years that benefit’s or is specifically intended for solo players?

Exploration is really for solo play, so any changes there are for solo. But the biggest change was the Abyss, even though I’m glad they finally made it group content. Most do it solo.

Yeah you’re right, Abyss was first implemented as solo content.

All other content that’s been added to the game over the past few years was implemented for group play.

Sorry, I dont know.

I just go with what they give me.

You just did.

The answer is no.

I’m glad I missed that “back in the day when we had real mmos” era.
Any game that elicits so many exclamation marks sounds terribly exhausting.

like i said… the new gamer gen is so sad :frowning:

I am not a PVP person but the PVE side I always liked and the possibility of getting killed by some random player makes it more fun for me and now that my Corp is at war every time I undock I get a rush. Getting a ship destroyed sucks you will get angry but this is only a game it’s not real life don’t take it personally anger should be directed at yourself this game teaches self reflection if you are too angry don’t talk to the person who destroyed you but in this game many times the people who destroy you will give you tips on how to get better true I have run across people who will kill you and just say you suck (and at PVP I do) but people who are jerks don’t last long in this game they end up alienating themselves . EVE is a free for all ship gambling nightmare and the best part it’s unpredictable.

4 Likes

This should be carved in letter ten miles tall and decorated with fairy lights and glitter.

Maybe someone will carve it above the Jita trade hub station with enough amount of mobile depots. :scream:

2 Likes

TBF EvE PvP is less gamble than most PvP games once you know how it works.

I enjoy the Industrial aspect of Eve Online that retains players. Building an item is rewarding.

Yup I was just thinking there is not enough mobile depots in Jita :open_mouth:

in eve there is no REAL progress - people make big hives because it is only way to progress. Everyone are the same, same skill sets, same skill levels like people in north korea - everyone wearing same clothing. There are tones of beter strategic games then eve on market, eve could be better but ccp have flaps on eyes. Sure you can be rich, you can have many account but feeling powerfull comes from other player who listens to your voice. So eve is some king of populus when you can be a GOD because of your followers :rofl: , but what real makes games funny is real power of individual player and eve dont have it so it is boring to hell.