Is Eve Online too toxic?

That Agent is just a stepping stone role to a brighter/safer New Eden.

It depends on your definition of toxic

Seems eve was more popular when it was more toxic. The numbers tell the story.

6 Likes

I want my NC-17 rated EvE content.

3 Likes

Always my Princess from afar! :star_struck: :grin:

Edit; Or a least out of range!

1 Like

Thanks Aiko as it got me thinking.

Eve to me is one of the least toxic games I’ve run across if you follow one simple rule. Ask for help. The game is so hard to learn that asking for help is not a weakness to more experienced players but an admission that you want to learn. Why did you kill me? (I know) What can I do to improve or what did I do wrong? I always tried to explain to my post wd kills why I did it and pay for at least their loss so as to try and teach. Those that learned got double. Those questions can lead to a very good corp recruiting you for being willing to learn. That part might be iffy these days.

EVE is not toxic at all if you actually play the game. It’s more of a band of brothers and sisters who understand the game and enjoy the counter play. EVE trying to go mainstream with a nitch game to me was a mistake. I would have paid the new price for how hard the game was and with the 50/60k numbers we had. Meh…

7 Likes

The game itself isn’t inherently toxic. I’d say a good portion of the player base is but unfortunately its the most vocal portion.

3 Likes

I have to agree these days, but it was not always that way. PTW creeps into almost every game these days. Still salt tears are the best!

I have an entire channel dedicated to helping new players with this question.

1 Like

If you think most people are toxic, the toxic one is you.

3 Likes

It will only get better after it gets much much worse. Will have to see if its gone beyond timing point of a death spiral.

“And then things got worse…”.

Say what you will about the Russians, but they seem to have a very prophetic attitude about this game.

1 Like

Because I am an evil psycopath

Fit purple mods

Yes I am

2 Likes

Yet you still hide behind all that sweetness! :wink:

I did not know you were that cute as a child! See where monsters grow from! :rofl:

Every game has their trolls. :sweat_smile:

You think EVE is bad because you have to grind for 45 minutes to replace a Retriever?

You people wouldn’t last a single day in any other game.

2 Likes

Watched it all. “The games a joke”. Just not for the same reasons for me as you, I think. Meh…

Excellent vid!

If we take a very modest income rate of 50 million ISK per hour, losing a character that takes 500 hours to level up and gear out for high-end raiding is the equivalent of losing a 25 billion ISK ship (an exceptionally rare event per capita). But more realistically you can double or triple that figure. And yet the amount of crying and whining I’ve seen from WoW HC players doesn’t even come close to the amount of crying and whining from EVE players when they experience comparatively trivial losses.

Come to think of it, I play a lot of games, especially various perma-death shooters and MMOs, and I haven’t observed nearly the same level of crying and whining on average in any other game compared to what I’ve seen in EVE.

EVE players definitely stand out as the biggest whiner crybaby sourpuss cowards I’ve ever met in my extensive gaming experience.

4 Likes