Is Eve safe for returning new players?

Hi
I was just wondering if Eve is still filled with Homophobic bile ?
I had a friend Lorimer who was banned for complaining about Homophobic hate from a so called “major corp” …
Is it OK to be gay in eve ? Without being called out on voice coms in corp chat for being gay ?
Kind Regards
Dr Grey

And I am sorry for replying to my self :confused:
I don’t think it is :frowning:

Ugh, this post feels like bait. Okay, I’ll assume it’s serious.

Welp. never mind. Just saw you reply to yourself after waiting a whole 5 minutes after posting. Looks like you’ve already made up your mind.

convince me then ?
personally calling someone a “dirty f*ggot” on voice comms seems unacceptable ?
when the accomy complained it was banned ?

*the account

Not trolling Shipwreck Jones … I could see you typing … as it would seem the forums have been updated

I got the “CD” a week after launch when “Eve” was originally released on physical media
But you “DOUBT” me …
Just confirms Eve is not a safe space
:frowning:

I doubt your friend got banned for complaining about other players violating the EULA. Not saying that GM’s can’t make mistakes, but it certainly sounds implausible. And I doubt it even more after seeing your interpretation of my comment.

Now, you either a troll, or a next level snowflake that sees toxicity everywhere. Either way, I don’t think you’re available to be persuaded. However, to anyone else that might happen across this thread…

Eve online has had it’s fair share of bad actors, just like any other community. However, I am kind of surprised at how amazing this community is -especially considering Eve has often been referred to as psychopaths online. Players are so charitable that plex for good campaigns actually have an impact on the market, we have supportive player groups, such as broadcast for reps, as well as communities that welcome newbros with open arms and expend great effort to help them participate and/or help them grow as players (i.e. Eve University, OUCH, Eve Rookies Incursions). Not to mention the fact that comms (in and out of game) tend to be filled more with mature adults, and not 12 year old squeakers who won’t shut up about banging your mom.

So, if you find an asshole or group of assholes in Eve Online, just look for another corp/community (and report the assholes if appropriate). I promise you, it won’t take that long before you find a good group of guys.

OK … so you are starting to give me a sensible reply (Shipwreck Jones)
so can you confirm

1. Is homophobic bile OK in Eve online ?
  2. If I complained about this 2 years ago and the primary account got banned
  3. You are now insulting me as to quote “a next level snowflake” ?
    “Fudge you” you “Fugger” … none of them are swear words BTW
  4. This just confirms why eve is not safe for returning players

YIOU INSULT ME FOR COMPLAING ABOUT HOMOPHOBIA WHICH IS WHY I LEFT 2 YEARS AGO
AND THEN YOU INSULT ME AGAIN

Looking on https://zkillboard.com/

I cannot find a " Shipwreck Jones"

I can find a Lorimer | Character | zKillboard
and a
Dr Grey | Character | zKillboard

So one again you just confirm you are just an idiot :frowning:

SHAME ON YOU

EVE ONLINE IS NOT SAFE FOR GAY OR TRANS PLAYERS

CONFIRMED

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting