Is Eve too expensive to play?

Good times… good times

1 Like

One year subscription
$170 cdn ÷ $38 / hr = 4.47 hrs

Various options/suggestions. Use or lose as you see fit:

• next time you have a brutal night out, work out how much you “pissed up against the wall” (or whatever Australian vernacular is); for grog, kebabs, taxis & company; then just pay your sub, have a “hangover”, and forget about it

• pay monthly via recurring credit card; more expensive but a good chance that payment will go out and you’ll never miss it (like those payments for various antivirus software that you haven’t actually downloaded for the last 2/3 computer replacements)

• stick to your guns; if you’re going to bail, then bail; I only buy multiple training certs when these are 2 for 1 and these have been very rare (non-existent) recently, so I have one toon doing nothing and a second about to follow; that said, I did still buy a 2nd sub recently that I don’t need, just to trial dual boxing; but even then timing was only because I got 750,000 free sp from buddy referring myself, then another 1,250,000 from the XVI anniversary so the character could be useful inside three weeks. But will I re-sub when it comes up? (dark mutterings)

• Set up an alpha account and start from scratch. And don’t regret it. Just think of the money you are saving. (Although, you will only “save” it if you put it away for something useful; and a night out with mates does not count - strangely enough, an annual sub to Microsoft probably wopuld!)

1 Like

Your units are messed up here
Dividing dollar by dollar/hr generates an answer in hr^(-1) (hour to the negative 1).

Twit
4.5 hrs I earn at work, one year sub playing eve. I don’t do grind.

1 Like

Can I have your stuff?

2 Likes

Ah I get it now! I also messed up by inverting the wrong number. Dollar x hr/Dollar = hr which is the same as Dollar ÷ Dollar/hr which is what you had!

1 Like

I can hold onto your thing while you are gone.

1 Like

If EVE is too expensive that is a tip off that a person should be spending that time looking for a better job or more job skills.

3 Likes

Considering I spend that in other RL hobbies in a month, I think EvE is the cheapest on my list.
Think of it in terms of $/hour of fun, and it will be one of the cheapest things that you do.

2 Likes

Rather easy to get into a pattern with eve and has something for everyone.

Risk vs reward is a topic on my mind though.

So that’s about $0.52 a DAY…and you are ignoring the whole PLEX’ing part of EVE too.

Entitled whiner identified.
Lock thread.

1 Like

Q: Is Eve too expensive to play?
A: EVE is free to play

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I kind of agree with you. I think that skill training however makes it very bad for people who suffer from addictions and withdrawal symptoms like me. It makes you feel you have to pay in order to train skills, when really you can just do the opposite and still have fun.

I kind of wish the skill training was nonexistent. My entire history with Eve would be different.

Or let rephrase that: people who suffer from OCD like me…lol

I feel like ALL my skills need to be level V.

1 Like

Nice name.

I sort of like the skill training and how different levels can be seen and offers a sort of progress to the pilot.

As with your comment regarding your OCD ie do you feel that modules must go in the same position like on the lower slots for example. The damage module must go on the left and the armor repair on the far right?

Or the Afterbuner must always go into the last mid slot?

I do that all the time and feel that I can not undock until it is fixed when after using the fit ship option.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your post.

Not really. Mine comes in the form of gambling addiction type of relationship with Eve and it’s bad.

I can totally get you about the modules positions though. I understand.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

It depends on the funds in your bank…it should be cheaper for a 2003 title, although majorly improved for the times.
At this point, with the Plex pieces introducing alphas and squishy citadels…CCP is all about scoring as much dough as they can before…EVE 2?

I pay more every sunday for nice sunday afternoon meal with the girlfriend at a realy good seafood place with wine than i pay for a year on one eve sub.

Now I understand that some people count pennies till the end of the month,but believe it or not, my eve subs (multiple accounts) saves me more money a year. I have been away for for 4 years and the time I used when not playing costed me more in one weekend than a year of eve.

You can do other things but other things also cost money. You just need to decide if which of these costs gives you greater joy at the end of the day.

4 Likes

Mid 2014 1 AUD got you 1.07 USD. These days you get 1.44 USD. If your income didn’t grow by 25% you pay more for eve then you used to. Unless you factor inflation of the USD in. Then you are nearly at the same level. Also since the price of EVE didn’t change in the last couple of years, the game has gotten cheaper for those with a inflation stable income.

Pegging the AUD to the price of coal in China may not have been the best idea politicians down under could have had. At the other hand shagging sheep does get boring after a while.

1 Like